What's new

Shang Tsung Guide ver.2

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Thanks for replay. Am sad to hear you dont play this game anymore. I am working on Tsung slowly whenever i get the chance after work. After the f4~GS the b2 might be good. As far as f434, this move is almost burned out for me. My fellow opponents that i spar with on regular basis upercut me in-between lol, or with d1.

I developed a new AA that isnt much more powerful then you provided in this guide, but it dose some more damage.

1, 1,2, f43~db4, db4+blk, du4, SS =12Hits, 29%DMG.
Belial es awesome (L).

Go for
1, dash, f4,3, mid ground skull, and SS or Upskull pressure as ender. Does about 25% and is meterless.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
eskuAdradit0

I do go with such AA, but sometimes 4/5% makes difference. Thanks for trying though ;]

mekane

Noob
so if they can jump out of JIP -> B2 now, is it better just to go for JIP -> throw if you think they will block?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Throws are good, but once every now and then you can go with b2 (it might work as surprise) if it was only a little bit faster on start up...
You can also go with deep jump in kick on blocking opponent and i believe this grants some advantage that can be fallowed with f4 skull.

I would trade armor from en soul steel to en up fire ball any day. Shang would be so beast
even if they block the fire ball, a free jip for 1/3 meter is a good trade to me

Red Son

Noob
Belial said:
ST backdash is very slow, and it is important to just walk back and never backdash. Also b/c your best AA 1 cannot be input from backdash. Your forward dash if very fast.
Never backdash is a quite radical isn't it? :)
I can input 1 after the backdash, just by pressing f+1.
But in the most part of situations, you're right, walk backwards is still better.

Nice guide dude, I'm trying to get in Tsung's game and it helped me alot.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hey guys, didn't know where to ask this but...

Is it possible to stand in between ground skulls? Is it character dependent?

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Okay, so I really want to play more Shang but I have so much trouble inputting du4 consistently. Is there a trick I should know? Or is it just an execution problem?

Oh, i'm on a fightstick as well.