What's new

Shang Tsung 1st DLC!

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Yeah I'd love if they whited out his eyes. The look would be flawless then. He looks too friendly right now

Voice? Actual perfection. He sounded like such a dumbfuck in MK9
If you think his MK9 voice is bad, you should hear how they had my boy sounding in MKvDC. Some of the worst, most poorly-casted voice acting I've ever heard in any form of media, ever.

*Shudders*

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You missed the entire point there.

The variation system means even characters with zoning centric designs can be made to not be zoners.

2/3 Erron variations in MKX were designed around zoning but you could totally play him on the other side of the spectrum if you chose to do so.

Worrying about Shang being “spammy” seems hypocritical when the guy in your avatar proves that having good projectiles doesn’t mean you’re going to be a hard zoner in a game where you have playstyle options.
Lol don’t get baited by the Guile player, bruh. You just walked up to the troll park with a handful of peanuts.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I think it’s perfect. He looks friendly because he has been friendly lol. The krypt character is some random noob I’m guessing pre mk1. Shang is the guide and narrator, he’s the Raiden for this guy.

I kind of wanted a custom character at first but the idea of using the krypt to tell an origin story for a new evil character sounds cooler. Like what if this krypt guy ends up being the kollector? Shang said within reason but he got greedy and so Shang got his ass, turned him into that thing.

Shang is just a regular human so this chill version makes sense. I would also like to see him with white eyes in actual gameplay though. Like he’s “powered up”.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is an awesome guy. I spoke with him way back on the OBS podcast and also have talked to him via social media. I remember telling him his voice was iconic and legendary, and he was extremely humble about it. And remember him saying he would love to one day return and do some work for Mortal Kombat in some capacity. Glad he finally got his wish in the best way possible!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is an awesome guy. I spoke with him way back on the OBS podcast and also have talked to him via social media. I remember telling him his voice was iconic and legendary, and he was extremely humble about it. And remember him saying he would love to one day return and do some work for Mortal Kombat in some capacity. Glad he finally got his wish in the best way possible!
I'm immensely satisfied with his role in this. There was no way he wouldn't get this role again. He's simply amazing.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Ahah, l'avevo immaginato dal tuo nome! XD Sì sì gioco su PS4!
Peccato, su PC abbiamo un piccola e graziosa community e non mi sarebbe spiaciuto aggiungerti ai ranghi.

My biggest worry with Shang being DLC was that he wouldn't be a part of the story. I really wanted him to interact with these characters.

But since he has a model that's ready to go, that means he could be in the story without being fightable. Really crossing my fingers.
I have a little theory that he's going to have his personal little story in the Krypt, and I'm fine with that. As long as he gets some canon screen time.

Lun

proud TERF!
Peccato, su PC abbiamo un piccola e graziosa community e non mi sarebbe spiaciuto aggiungerti ai ranghi.
Eh però vedo che il psn id lo hai anche tu! E poi chi è che prende un gioco NetherRealms su pc, quando la versione console dei loro giochi è sempre molto migliore? XP

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Eh però vedo che il psn id lo hai anche tu! E poi chi è che prende un gioco NetherRealms su pc, quando la versione console dei loro giochi è sempre molto migliore? XP

La PS4 l'ho ma la uso si e no mai. Un amico dovrebbe condividere con me il codice per la pre-order beta comunque, quindi volendo ci si fa un settino al volo lí.

Non l'ho usato per venti anni. Ho dimenticato tutto.
I really need to live in Italy for a bit to actually learn the bloody language.
Probably not happening.
If it does happen though remember that I owe you pizza.

Lun

proud TERF!
Non l'ho usato per venti anni. Ho dimenticato tutto.
I really need to live in Italy for a bit to actually learn the bloody language.
Probably not happening.
In realtà lo ricordi bene, suvvia!

Se vuoi quando giocheremo ad MK11 ti scriverò messaggi in italiano così ti eserciti. Se prendi il gioco su PS4, cioè. :)

Lun

proud TERF!

La PS4 l'ho ma la uso si e no mai. Un amico dovrebbe condividere con me il codice per la pre-order beta comunque, quindi volendo ci si fa un settino al volo lí.
PS4 > PC! XP Sono una fangirl della Sony fin dalla loro prima console.

Comunque, come si fa a condividere il codice della beta? Usate lo stesso account?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
In realtà lo ricordi bene, suvvia!

Se vuoi quando giocheremo ad MK11 ti scriverò messaggi in italiano così ti eserciti. Se prendi il gioco su PS4, cioè. :)
GLoRToR sta con me su PC zio!

PS4 > PC! XP Sono una fangirl della Sony fin dalla loro prima console.

Comunque, come si fa a condividere il codice della beta? Usate lo stesso account?
Ah bho fa tutto lui, io non me ne intendo.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Nuuuooooo!! Ma come si fa a prendere i giochi NRS su pc, vergognaaaaaaaa!
The PC communtiy might be small, but we are very close for the most part. I like it there.

Anyway we talked italian maybe too long, wouldn't want to come out as rude. Nice knowing there's more of us here though!

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
So basically you wanted MK11 Shang to be MKX Ermac?
Nope... Mk1 Shang Tsung face would do, it looked creepy and ancient. This new ST is looking kind, and is just there to please the fanboys of that actor.

I never cared about actors or famous people, so I’m a bit worried for one of my favorite characters right now.

If they turn him good or neutral, he will not be my favorite anymore, good shapeshifters are very useless and lose their role completely...

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I've said this for years. It's about time Shang was given his due.
It's crazy to think that because of how much NRS's storytelling and tech has improved over the years, for many characters in the series, MK11 will be a complete rebirth.

Yeah we saw Baraka, Kabal, and Noob in MK9, but what were they there? Disposable Saturday morning cartoon cutouts. They were barely characters at all. They never felt real for a moment.

Even Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. They're about to be realized in ways they've never been. (Well Shang kinda was in the MK movie, but that was 25 years ago and isn't canon)

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that this is the first time in MK franchise history that we'll see Shao Kahn actually look, sound, and animate as though he is what he should be -- the ruler of Outworld. Not just a big guy with a deep voice, swinging a hammer. But a fucking boss. Fucking hell, what a treat.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Nope... Mk1 Shang Tsung face would do, it looked creepy and ancient. This new ST is looking kind, and is just there to please the fanboys of that actor.

I never cared about actors or famous people, so I’m a bit worried for one of my favorite characters right now.

If they turn him good or neutral, he will not be my favorite anymore, good shapeshifters are very useless and lose their role completely...
He was chill in literally 1 scene, and he's known to be deceptive. Don't worry, he's still all about what's good for him.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Well NRS really loves to swap alignment in their stories, just because they don't know other stuff.

So I wouldn't even be surprised if they did this to Shang Tsung, as Liu Kang is kinda evil now... I would cry for ST if he turns into this uses good anti-hero...

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well NRS really loves to swap alignment in their stories, just because they don't know other stuff.

So I wouldn't even be surprised if they did this to Shang Tsung, as Liu Kang is kinda evil now... I would cry for ST if he turns into this uses good anti-hero...
If he ever joins the side of good, he'll probably just have some backstabbing plot going on, which I'd love by the way.