What's new

Shang Ground Fireball ->morph->combo

TheRiz

Noob
I've noticed a significant difference between UMK3 online and MKT when it comes to Shang and his ground fireball --> morph. I'm a skilled player that knows just about every Shang morph and love the challenge of being him.

One thing however I noticed that seems to be significantly different is the ability to catch someone in the ground fire, morph, then do whatever combo (like scorpion aahp, spear, etc.) This seems possible and very easy in UMK3 online, but in MKT I am unable to do any morphs after connecting with the ground fire.

Is there a difference in timing, or can you just not morph in MKT after connecting with ground fire?

Thanks dudes.

Derek

Noob
Could just be button delay if you're trying it on XBL. If you're a Kaillera player then I don't know what to tell you.

TheRiz

Noob
I swear I've tried it after the 3rd fireball but couldn't get it to work...maybe I'm just an idiot though....I'll try again

TheRiz

Noob
Still does not work. Anytime I connect with ground fireball, no morphs work. In UMK3 online I use ground fire then immediately change to say Scorpion and do aahp, spear, yadda yadda.

In Trilogy, Morphs DO NOT WORK after ground fire. I have tried and tried after the 3rd fireball and it doesn't work.

If I am wrong, can anyone provide a video?

TheRiz

Noob
Is there an option for this in N64 Trilogy? I use the code to unlock all options and never see an option for morphs. The only thing is unlimited runs.

Sigh

TheRagingStorm said:
Kaiba said:
There is no morph option on 64 because there are no loading times.
Advantage - N64. The main reason why I wanted MKT N64. I can't stand the loading in MKT PSX. period.
Thats why I prefer PC MKT. Unlike PSX which has loading times during menus, character select, tower select, vs screen, after matches. In the PC version there is no loading times at all in the game other then shang morphs.

TheRiz said:
In UMK3 online I use ground fire then immediately change to say Scorpion and do aahp, spear, yadda yadda.
JK, spear works pretty good, instead of the aaHP. The spear always connects, it's not like robot smoke's JK, spear after the teleport (which I have a very hard time with)

Tim Static

Adminerator
ÐarkMoon said:
TheRagingStorm said:
Kaiba said:
Advantage - N64. The main reason why I wanted MKT N64. I can't stand the loading in MKT PSX. period.
Thats why I prefer PC MKT. Unlike PSX which has loading times during menus, character select, tower select, vs screen, after matches. In the PC version there is no loading times at all in the game other then shang morphs.
Another reason in a long list of reasons why I need a PC :x

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
if morphs after GE wasn't locked in n64, MPD combovideo would have been released in MKT :(

Tim Static said:
ÐarkMoon said:
TheRagingStorm said:
Kaiba said:
Another reason in a long list of reasons why I need a PC :x
And I was wrong anyways, there is NO shang loading times on PC. (it had just been awhile since i used him)

Houzi

Noob
When I downloaded Mame and then tried to load up UMK3 it was super slow, or maybe it was UMKT but anyway it lagged more than anything and I wasn't playing online. Idk, it was just too slow so I deleted Mame and the whole thing.