What's new

Match Footage ShadowBeatz vs FrothyOmen (Cyrax v Smoke) online casuals... 45 min long

ChrisJG

Noob
I only watched the 1st 10 min so far but imo from what ive seen shadowbeatz needs to manage his meter better and sometimes just go for the damage instead of a setup.

edit: just constructive criticism, don't take it the wrong way, still very well played!

Man his cyrax is so stupid lol. Gotta guess completely on the Damn command grab/overhead all day long, no idea why he doesn't throw in any d4s... +16 on hit wtf

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
All right, here's what I've noticed from the first twelve minutes of footage...

FrothyOmen

1) Whenever your opponent jumps from a distance (which they have no reason to do unless they don't realize they should just block your Smoke Bomb), it's a free air teleport punish. You get a little damage plus knockdown from that. At the same time, however, you were throwing out a lot of teleports on panic mode, do NOT do that. It's bound to get you blown up.

2) If you anticipate that Cyrax will Wake-Up with his anti-air grab, something I've noticed that ShadowBeatz does a lot, counter with your standing 2 anti-air leading to a full combo. It's not exactly a solid Wake-Up to use.

3) Using the standing 1 to pressure? I don't know if I approve, I doubt it is very effective...it's better to stick with standing 2 and alternate between variations of the attack string. You were also rushing down a lot with his d3. I'd try following up with d4 instead of trying to get aggressive so you open up the chance for a b2/d4/throw mix-up.

4) Hit-confirm, hit-confirm, hit-confirm! Of course, as this is online, it might be tough to do, but still. Smoke's b2 3 is a good hit-confirm opportunity. If you see it hit, follow with the Smoke Bomb; if blocked, Smoke Away, but NEVER do a Smoke Bomb on block. Not only is it unsafe, but even if it goes unpunished, you'll be struggling to get out of pressure.

5) If caught in a 2 1 Net from Cyrax, unless he goes for unbreakable damage, wait for him to spend one bar of meter when he tries to complete the combo leading to his reset, and THEN break. That way, you make him trade one bar of meter for two rather than not trade at all. Fuck with Cyrax's meter game as best you can.

ShadowBeatz

1) There were a couple of instances where you could have won a round at an earlier point using unbreakable damage, like in the second match for example. I think you caught on to this after that happened, but all the same, always watch for opportunities.

2) After you nail a command grab, ALWAYS do a jump-in punch for a free mix-up consisting of either a command grab or 2 1 pressure. Hit-confirm to net if you see it land.

3) Sometimes you don't always have to follow with the throw after landing a Donkey Kick. Something I've often see Krayzie do after that attack is forget about the follow-up throw and go for a bomb set-up instead.

4) Polish up your combo enders. When ending an anti-air combo with a net, you should teleport, cross-up just as he bursts free from the net, and initiate pressure again. I'd also like to see you cancelling your pokes into Cyrax's Buzzsaw, as it eliminates counter-poke attempts.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll keep watching and add as necessary.

EDIT: Also Frothy, you should consider practicing the concept of cancelling Smoke's pokes into his Smoke Towards/Away. I've started doing this recently and am pleased with how effective it's been.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Man his cyrax is so stupid lol. Gotta guess completely on the Damn command grab/overhead all day long, no idea why he doesn't throw in any d4s... +16 on hit wtf
u talking about the 212 over head? or the buzzsaw?

All right, here's what I've noticed from the first twelve minutes of footage...

FrothyOmen

1) Whenever your opponent jumps from a distance (which they have no reason to do unless they don't realize they should just block your Smoke Bomb), it's a free air teleport punish. You get a little damage plus knockdown from that. At the same time, however, you were throwing out a lot of teleports on panic mode, do NOT do that. It's bound to get you blown up.

2) If you anticipate that Cyrax will Wake-Up with his anti-air grab, something I've noticed that ShadowBeatz does a lot, counter with your standing 2 anti-air leading to a full combo. It's not exactly a solid Wake-Up to use.

3) Using the standing 1 to pressure? I don't know if I approve, I doubt it is very effective...it's better to stick with standing 2 and alternate between variations of the attack string. You were also rushing down a lot with his d3. I'd try following up with d4 instead of trying to get aggressive so you open up the chance for a b2/d4/throw mix-up.

4) Hit-confirm, hit-confirm, hit-confirm! Of course, as this is online, it might be tough to do, but still. Smoke's b2 3 is a good hit-confirm opportunity. If you see it hit, follow with the Smoke Bomb; if blocked, Smoke Away, but NEVER do a Smoke Bomb on block. Not only is it unsafe, but even if it goes unpunished, you'll be struggling to get out of pressure.

EDIT: Also Frothy, you should consider practicing the concept of cancelling Smoke's pokes into his Smoke Towards/Away. I've started doing this recently and am pleased with how effective it's been.
1. If I were to actually read my opponent jumping from fullscreen and I really wanted to punish that, I'd rather use SB than a teleport punch that can be blocked and leave me to a full combo... I usually either let it happen or dash in and try to put some pressure on as they land.

2. yeah i need to punish that better

3. standing 1 is swag to the maximum, don't knock it 'till you try it. It's got nearly 0 recovery frames, so it's super super easy to throw a few in here and there just to change the pace of when your opponent can jump/poke out. Because, lbsh, nobody's gonna try neutral ducking it

4. I do hit-confirm -_- imo you have to let that sb rip a lot ore often than not. It's only 1 more frame negative than b23, and you have to keep the opponent guessing on whether or not it's coming out after they block a b23. Once they are dead-set on blocking the SB, I can start doing riskier stuff off a blocked b23 like shake cancels, or going straight into a d3~grab or something like that. Once I get them scared of my follow ups/they realize (yo this niqqa is -8 i need to do something) I go back to letting the SB go. I'm not sure how I'd feel giving up that mindgame haha. Oh and also one of my favorite things to do off blocked b23sb is to immediately EX shake or xray. Sooooooooo many people get caught by it, It's unreal

I appreciate your thoughts though! Just don't 100% agree with all of them which is ok :)