What's new

SFV streams for E3 (Top players including Daigo, Momoichi, and more)

UltraDavid and James Chen are currently commentating top players playing SF5. There are many from the Socal scene, as well as others invited by Capcom such as Daigo, Xian, Tokido and Moimochi. If you want to see the current highest level of SFV in action, be sure to tune in:

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

In addition, tomorrow at 12 pst, mike ross and combofiend will continue to showcase the newest characters Cammy and Birdie who were confirmed to be playable. Link below:

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

Info from commentary:
-One frame links are almost non existent in the current build. Buffer window as said by James Chen is LARGER than omega mode.
-A lot of high damage
-Visual Stun Bar at the top
-LPN won a ps4 and probably the first player to get a perfect in SFV on stream
-I overheard there are no 360 motions in the current build for specials. They may have been rid of altogether
-Very few hard knockdowns. This means your character gets up as soon as they are knocked down, making the oki game less daunting when knocked down compared to SF4
-Combofiend stating the classic Evo 37 moment is possible to do with Ryu if timed right. Also, if you mistime his parry and get hit it counts as a counterhit.
-Combofiend mentioned every character has a normal that can "crush counter" which when connected, causing the opponent to spin. This can lead into more potential combo damage

SFV trailer Birdie and Cammy:

Last edited:
Watching it now and this game looks amazing.
Yeah, looks totally different when seeing top players such as Justin Wong and Combofiend going at it. Looks a lot faster paced and really smooth gameplay overall. Hopefully Daigo or Tokido or other international players will be on stream since they are there. Hope they aren't saving them for tomorrow. :(

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Yeah, looks totally different when seeing top players such as Justin Wong and Combofiend going at it. Looks a lot faster paced and really smooth gameplay overall. Hopefully Daigo or Tokido or other international players will be on stream since they are there. Hope they aren't saving them for tomorrow. :(
It looks much better than the first trailer we seen for it a few months back. Cammy and Bison look really good.

I saw David flash the fight stick as well. I might have to pick that up lol.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
It looks really good... Like, playing 3rd Strike, Alpha 3, and ST along with SF4... This is looking very fine. It feels fluid, moves look and feel like they hurt (and they actually do, more damage is done in such a short combo that's 4-5 hits! Few hard knockdowns! V-System looks great!) and I do like the fluidity the game currently presents. Good shit.

n9195v

Noob
Love the characters so far they're all so unique. I'm so happy crouch teching is gone!!!! This seems to be a very honest game. I can not wait to play it July 23rd 2015!!!!

I'm sure the matches will be uploaded to youtube (can't watch the archive unless subbed). I'll be sure to post them in the OP. Just in case you missed it, here's the trailer for Birdie and Cammy:

n9195v

Noob
What were you watching?
The stream linked above, it was great! Every character got played in the team tourney and they all play differently.

I sense a little sarcasm, as if I must be watching something different than everyone else in order to have this opinion. If that's the case than "how were you watching" would have been a more appropriate question. To which I would have replied, with my eyes open.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
The stream linked above, it was great! Every character got played in the team tourney and they all play differently.

I sense a little sarcasm, as if I must be watching something different than everyone else in order to have this opinion. If that's the case than "how were you watching" would have been a more appropriate question. To which I would have replied, with my eyes open.
tushay

d3v

SRK
-A lot of high damage
Damage is actually on par with some of the older games such as 3rd Strike or 2nd Impact.
-Very few hard knockdowns. This means your character gets up as soon as they are knocked down, making the oki game less daunting when knocked down compared to SF4
As far as we know, the only way to get a hard knockdown is via Super, which is the same as in 3rd Strike.

Tournament footage itself was a mixed bag. Some players were still stuck with SFIV habits (e.g. Eduardo and Kbrad not going for Cammy's super, which is a guaranteed 50% even if they had the meter for it).

RB and Tokido took to Birdie real well though.

A lot of the matches have been uploaded to youtube. I'll post them when I get the chance, although I would prefer using CapcomFighter's footage (their youtube still hasn't uploaded any footage yet).