What's new

SFV: Laura General Discussion Thread

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I haven't played all the matchups yet, but so far I think Birdie and Chun Li are the toughest. The outrange Laura and the neutral game. But I feel like Laura can decent vs anyone with good patience and eventually knocking your opponent down

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I haven't played all the matchups yet, but so far I think Birdie and Chun Li are the toughest. The outrange Laura and the neutral game. But I feel like Laura can decent vs anyone with good patience and eventually knocking your opponent down
I feel like Chun, Birdie, Cammy and Ryu are her hardest MUs, Ryu being the easiest of her hardest (if that makes sense).

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Vega and Bison are also pretty bad if you ask me. I don't think she has many winning MU's to be honest. Just 5-5's and 4-6's.
Yeah, I just listed her very hard ones IMO. Zangief, Vega, Karin, Bison, Fang and others are bad too IMO. I can't think of a single MU that feels in her favor TBH but let's see how it turns out to be.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
How often do you guys go for her v skill overhead? I want to use it more but only do it after throwing out a fireball occasionally. Is it worth using?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Alright. Since this is a SFV related post I'm gonna ask this:
Whose a good starter character?
Please don't say Ryu. I don't really like the guy much.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
How often do you guys go for her v skill overhead? I want to use it more but only do it after throwing out a fireball occasionally. Is it worth using?
What Sunfire said. I really only use the overhead V-skill after certain block pressure I always see my opponent poking out of.

For example my main go to pressure is standing medium punch (+3 on block) into crouching medium punch (5 frame start-up can't be poked out of, also +2 on block)

After the crouching medium punch on block you have some options. I'll go for sweep sometimes, because the push back from the cr mp makes the sweep decently safe and when you're at + the sweep beats alot of things. When I noticed them respecting the sweep afterwards I cancel the crouching medium punch into the V-skill forward dash and immediately command throw as soon as I recover from the V-skill. Once I notice my opponent mashing or jumping to get away from the command grab, I'll cancel the crouching medium punch into the overhead V-skill which usually beats mashing and jumping