What's new

SFV has 8frames of input lag....

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/08/community-begins-react-street-fighter-5s-input-lag-issue-playstation-4/

Display Lag is a company that specializes in testing latency statistics for high definition TVs and gaming monitors. In their research, they've discovered an interesting bit about Street Fighter 5 on PlayStation 4.

There is an eight frame input lag for the game when it's run on this platform, meaning there are eight sixtieths of a second between the time you press a button and when your character actually reacts.

Players have begun to express their concerns with this, saying that it affects certain styles more than others, and should be fixed as soon as possible. UACDMani voiced his opinion via Twitter earlier today.

lol and everyone that attacked me when I said SFV felt rushed and that it needed at least an extra year of work before releasing it to the public, I was planning on getting a PS4 for SFV but nevermind... Ill take on A-list, Piercing, D'vorah and All Alien variations any day of the week.

@Eddy Wang @lookgirlitsteejay @everyothersfvfan.

Last edited:

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
why is this presented as new? it was known in the first few days.
It's the frustration that certain competitive players are only now starting to articulate that's being presented as new, not the fact of it.

"Players have begun to express their concerns with this, saying that it affects certain styles more than others, and should be fixed as soon as possible. UACDMani voiced his opinion via Twitter earlier today."

This is directed at anyone who's treating conversation about this as rehashing old shit. It isn't, it's actually giving it the deserved attention it's yet to receive because it's BS that in 2016, 8f of lag is standard in a competitive fighting game.

I hope people keep talking about this and complaining and letting Capcom know that this is unacceptable because it really needs to be readjusted so I can stop feeling crazy when I can't react to things that I've been reacting to since 2006...

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
^@ Everyone I just found about about this an hour ago, I'm on Xbox One, was pissed at the fact that they made SF an exclusive game but was willing to buy a PS$ for it, how I did just now I find out about this?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
^@ Everyone I just found about about this an hour ago, I'm on Xbox One, was pissed at the fact that they made SF an exclusive game but was willing to buy a PS$ for it, how I did just now I find out about this?
It sort of flew under the radar, not a lot of hubbub was made about it. Here's an article from March.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/15/street-fighter-5s-input-lag-more-four-times-skullgirls-or-mortal-kombat-x-research-video-battlenonsense-eye-opening/

Players, like say Snake Eyez, have only just started to be vocal about it, that's my guess as to why it's being readdressed.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I remember seeing the testing on all of the various current fighters and how SFV had the worst delay. It did seem like the disparity largely disappeared in an online setting, but major competitions are offline and SF is the major competitive fighting franchise. It's not what you want to see, but it could be one of those things that's tough to fix after the fact. Hopefully it's not. SFV has some cool bones, but it's been a bit rough so far in a number of regards.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm really digging SF but this awful to know. Especially if you're trying to compete for cash. The game itself is hindering you.

E

Eldriken

Dose anyone know if MKxl got looked at by these guys?

this is such a typical FGC post.... a guy complaining for someone else that is NOT complaining and in fact completely domination the game at this time.
Snake Eyez is dominating SFV?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah.. well in the US scene. He has basically won everything he has turned up to, though in majors he is getting knocked out by internationals though he is getting into the top sets. I will put money down on him being a evo top8.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
People now believe they can react within a eight sixtieths time frame. More at 11.
Not reacting within. It's about having a delay added on top of your reaction. By the math, showing up 8 frames late is a big deal.

No game has it down to 0 or 1 frame, but if all your competition is doing it in 4 frames, 8 sounds kinda bad.