What's new

SFV Charlie gameplay revealed!

Charlie looks nice but the beta is what intrigued me the most. I need more info about it though. I don't even know how to pre-order the game.

Mst

Noob
Other than the new gameplay footage, Capcom has also announced plans to launch an ambitious Street Fighter 5 online beta program on both PS4 and PC. The objective of these tests is to collect feedback from the fanbase so as to ensure that SF5 is the best iteration of the Capcom fighter yet.
I like this alot. I hope more FG Devs go for it.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Stop being fools and fan boys.

Both games look really good. Both Capcom and NRS have really good marketing strategies. I will buy both games.

If you want to trash somebody's lack of innovation and marketing strategy, make sure it is Namco's.
This is the truest thing I have ever heard you say.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
that trend will probably continue for a very long time. SF is a more methodical, footsie based playstyle. then capcom has MVC where you just go ham as fuck. the great thing is that both require a shit ton of micro and execution. so that's cool.
Meh they had methodical footsies with SF2 and three which weren't as slow as this seems to be.

Beta is an interesting Idea.

ando1184

Noob
Looks like they combined Rugal and Iori from KOF with a capcom twist. I really like it, I'll start liking SF again if they continue in this direction.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
He definitely looks really cool aesthetically. Gameplay wise, while he looks potent sure, he seems to be a character that will be really fun to play, and a little tricky to play against. This was a great trailer. I don't see why anyone wouldn't simply pre-order to give the game a whirl beforehand online. Seems to be a fairly significantly different Street Fighter game.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Ug all these sf5 promos do is make me wish they could make a game as good, simple and pure as Alpha 2. I donno, the series just lost me at SF4. That pains me to say since I was an absolute sf fanatic since I first played sf2 in arcades. If they get rid of 1 frame links and stuff like fadc I'll give it a closer look. Make it more about footsies and mind games and less about execution. That way the casual crowd (majority buyers) can get into it easier and not feel helpless.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Seriously, how and why are people bitching and don't compare capcom to nrs. NRS never charged anyone for "real endings" or "40 bucks per game" just to update...I couldn't care less about betas. Aside from that, SFV doesn't look that different from SFIV so far from what I'm seeing here, bottom line.

NRS is giving us more stuff on Thursday, I think people are blind or forget this.

At any rate, this reveal was blah. Looks like they mixed Guile with Charlie and gave him a Smoke/evade like move. Though that's neat that he can use it to dodge supers.
you're right. NRS has never charged for that.

They ARE charging now for pre-order characters (the Goro edition costs more here in europe btw).
They ARE charging for mystery box dlc pack
and they're completely ignoring if europe gets the same deal the US gets.

There's also the random little fact that me and anyone living in Portugal will miss out on factions bonus simply because WBID in Portugal does not work on their games. I'd have to make a new PSN account and new WBID account and base myself in the UK.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
you're right. NRS has never charged for that.

They ARE charging now for pre-order characters (the Goro edition costs more here in europe btw).
They ARE charging for mystery box dlc pack
and they're completely ignoring if europe gets the same deal the US gets.

There's also the random little fact that me and anyone living in Portugal will miss out on factions bonus simply because WBID in Portugal does not work on their games. I'd have to make a new PSN account and new WBID account and base myself in the UK.
Actually, I asked himmerick on twitter regarding dlc, preorder stuff if we could buy it later on he said yes besides kombat pack youre getting 15 costumes, 4 characters for 20 bucks. Thats far more bang for your buck then anything capcom has ever done, and chances are nrs will put a komplete edition with everything on it, where as capcom makes 10 versions of the same game thus charging you more money....and theyre known for making you pay for on disc stuff, nrs not so much.

Missing factions? Huh? What are you talk ing about? maybe mkx is banned where you live?

You should also know that the import edition is easier for you to get, the rest ive not heard from anyone else in that region, youre probably an unlucky exception. most of the World getting mk isnt being charged more than we here in america are so as far as I know , i have a couple of pals in uk, euro region and one in spain. They have not told me this is an issue for them. I also havent heard from anyone anywhere that theyre being charged extra to preorder? makes No sense, someones ripping you off then, nrs isnt doing that.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Actually, I asked himmerick on twitter regarding dlc, preorder stuff if we could buy it later on he said yes besides kombat pack youre getting 15 costumes, 4 characters for 20 bucks. Thats far more bang for your buck then anything capcom has ever done, and chances are nrs will put a komplete edition with everything on it, where as capcom makes 10 versions of the same game thus charging you more money....and theyre known for making you pay for on disc stuff, nrs not so much.

Missing factions? Huh? What are you talk ing about? maybe mkx is banned where you live?

You should also know that the import edition is easier for you to get, the rest ive not heard from anyone else in that region, youre probably an unlucky exception. most of the World getting mk isnt being charged more than we here in america are so as far as I know , i have a couple of pals in uk, euro region and one in spain. They have not told me this is an issue for them. I also havent heard from anyone anywhere that theyre being charged extra to preorder? makes No sense, someones ripping you off then, nrs isnt doing that.
SSFIV had Guy, Cody, Adon, Dee Jay, T.Hawk, Dudley, Makoto, Ibuki, Hakan and Juri added to the roster.
New stages were added too. Every character got a theme. New endings. New ultras.
They charged 40 for it.

If you had SSFIV, the arcade edition would add 4 characters (Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Oni) for 20 bucks. 5 bucks per character. Like NRS games have been selling them.

No game is ever banned in Portugal. You need to be connected to WBID to use factions. WBID doesn't work in Portugal. I know, because I made one for Injustice, got all the costumes in the ios game and wasn't able to unlock them in my copy of the game simply because my psn is portuguese. I made another account just to test if it'd work had I had an US account and lo' and behold it fucking worked.
So, if I wanted to play on my original PSN, the one where I have everything in it, I couldn't use the costumes. Shame because I really wanted arkham city's Harley Quinn.

Ask anyone on this site how much the Goro edition costs in GAME, the only store selling it. It's 5 bucks extra.

Also the euro is worth more than the dollar, so we're already paying more.

People should be thankful and excited for the new gameplay footage, not arguing about which fighting game company is better. Yes, Capcom might stretch the life out of SF series but in essence, the game (s) get constant support and updates. I'm sure if NRS regularly updated MK 9 (for a price) people here would be willing to pay the change.

I'm intrigued by Charlie. It look's like he has the forehead jewel that Urien and Gill are famous for. Did Bison try and remove it in some bizarre experiment?

Game is looking nice.

SLy

Noob
Dont understand why people are comparing. At the end of the day they know damn well they'll have both lol.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Looks really cool, Hope he has an alt without all the scars, that make him look like Thriller Micheal Jackson and Frankenstein's love child.