What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Likewise. Been in Cali. Been working like a madman. Been crying at the weather forecast.

Enjoyed the Cali trip so much I decided I'm gonna be moving the fam there next month. Gonna be living in JWong's territory.

What have you been up to you beautiful bastard?
Going out to cali niiiice. Nothing much here.. I haven't been on really aside from my days off. Been bummed out cuz no SFV or mkxeo beta :(

Although this war season thing should be keeping me busy once everything works out.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Going out to cali niiiice. Nothing much here.. I haven't been on really aside from my days off. Been bummed out cuz no SFV or mkxeo beta :(

Although this war season thing should be keeping me busy once everything works out.
Division beta and SFV kept me busy. Forgot all about the MKX beta. Division is fun AF. Who have you got your eyes on in KP2?
No but I be knowledgo
Has there been any noticeable change to Nash's air grab from beta phase to beta phase? Noticed you hadn't used it once in any match you uploaded. Where as it was used oppressively by Tokido at the MadCatz cup. Though Tokido himself has said that while he feels he understands Nash, he has not shamelessly been illegally and unscrupulously playing the game as much as others. As I've played Nash for only 1 beta phase, I haven't been able to test his air grab reliability myself, and wanted to know if it was optimal.

As a heartless, moral-less pirate who has been illegally playing cracked versions of video games and possibly also selling drugs, what say you?

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Division beta and SFV kept me busy. Forgot all about the MKX beta. Division is fun AF. Who have you got your eyes on in KP2?

Has there been any noticeable change to Nash's air grab from beta phase to beta phase? Noticed you hadn't used it once in any match you uploaded. Where as it was used oppressively by Tokido at the MadCatz cup. Though Tokido himself has said that while he feels he understands Nash, he has not shamelessly been illegally and unscrupulously playing the game as much as others. As I've played Nash for only 1 beta phase, I haven't been able to test his air grab reliability myself, and wanted to know if it was optimal.

As a heartless, moral-less pirate who has been illegally playing cracked versions of video games and possibly also selling drugs, what say you?
I changed to Nash for the last beta and had a lot of success with him. I didn't know he had a air grab

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

I didn't test but it didn't look like a good Aa. Better for a2a.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I didn't test but it didn't look like a good Aa. Better for a2a.
I see. I figured as much.

Also, when breaking into a suburban house to burglarize them, would it be better to make a read and go for the room that seems to house the most valuables, or would it be better to eliminate all potential risk and murder the family while they sleep to avoid detection? I figured I'd ask since this is your domain.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I see. I figured as much.

Also, when breaking into a suburban house to burglarize them, would it be better to make a read and go for the room that seems to house the most valuables, or would it be better to eliminate all potential risk and murder the family while they sleep to avoid detection? I figured I'd ask since this is your domain.
Tell me your location and leave the ps4 by the fireplace.

So who felt strongest to you guys? Like, what characters seemed to be the most effective from an early meta-perspective?

For me:

Cammy, Nash, Karin, M.Bison, Chun-Li, and Vega stood out as the best of the best. With an honorable mention to Birdie, being just a hair under them imo. just because of his lacking mobility.

My arguments pretty simple: sfv is footsie oriented and those 6-7 stand out as the best footsie-oriented characters in the cast.
Don't forget Sim. In the right hands, he's an absolute beast.
I think you have it spot-on for the early meta.
We will see how Rachid and Fang will evolve in the later meta.

Karin, Nash, Chun Li, and Sim seem to be the best right now. Rashid is pretty good too.

This game is super basic, so it seems that the characters with safe normals with decent range are dominating.

Ryu is alright, but with thetypes of players playing in the beta you could seriously stand totally still and just axe kick everything and win like 10 times in a row. It was hilarious watching axe kick hit vega out of the air no matter which side he was on.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think Zangief is going to be crazy this game. In a game about footsies and neutral and frame traps, HE HAS ARMOR. That is probably the single greatest thing they could do with Gief. And with his V-trigger active HE GETS EVEN MORE. Plus he has like 4 ways to beat fireballs (NRS please). Capcom really made a ton of fun characters for their starting 16 and I'm hype to see the DLC and I don't even want to play some of them.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
During the beta it was possible to activate Mika's super and not have the altered camera. It didn't start from the ass as before but it went a little lower than her waist and wasn't as zoomed in. Don't remember what I did but I had my opponent on the left corner when I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.