What's new

SFV ALEX RETURNS...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Nice! I never played Alex in previous games so I wonder what his playstyle will be like. He reminds me of T.Hawk based on the pictures.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
He's HUGE....he towers over ryu

V-Trigger: Rage Shift

Alex channels his wrestling training and gains access to a brand new clothesline attack. This attack can be charged and during that time, it can parry an attack. Upon full charge, if Alex makes contact with a blocking opponent, he will break their guard, leaving them open to an immediate attack.

StormGoddess

Alex’s V-Skill, called Overhaul, turns Alex’s next attack into a “hard hit” with a bit of quick stretching.

This means that the next hit will grant the attack all the bonuses of a counter hit, including increased hit stun.

Whiffs will waste the hard hit bonus, so players will need to strategically plan their next attack.

Rage Shift, on the other hand, is a clothesline V-Trigger that Alex can charge. While charging, the move will parry any attack sent Alex’s way, and a full charge will break the opponent’s guard.

And finally, Alex’s Critical Art, Heavy Hammer, sees the returning fighter knock his opponent down with a thunderous chop before putting them into a painful looking crucifix hold.

d3v

SRK
At the very least, Alex mains can use an actual grapple super instead of just picking Boomerang Raid simply because it gave them more meter for EX.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Fella joined SFV to make money for mirrors, because every morning he wakes up, they break. Worst character design ever.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I can't wait to try him out again. SFIII 3rd strike was one of the best well put together Street fighter games besides Alpha 3 and (can I say it)

Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha 1. 2. And 3.

Yeah. I said it.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
In Street Fighter V, Alex returns as a powerful grappler that can inflict big damage with his close range Power Bomb command grab and his long limbs to fight from midrange distances. The threat doesn’t end there however, as Alex has a variety of special attacks that can cover a large portion of the screen for those times when the opponent keeps him out. Players looking for a methodical grappler who can do big burst damage up close, yet still do well at midrange, will find themselves perfectly at home with Alex.
His description reminds me of Ferra/Torr. Might try him out.

d3v

SRK
I just hope his game isn't just fish for EX Flash Chop to push your opponent into the corner and maybe you could land a command throw then like it was in 3S.

StormGoddess

from SRK's main page

--------
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 111 kg
Job/Affiliation: Martial Artist

V-Trigger: Rage Shift
Alex becomes steaming hot and gains access to the powerful lariat Sledgehammer. During the start-up, Sledgehammer can power through the opponent’s attack, making it a strong offensive and defensive maneuver suiting of Alex.

When Sledgehammer hits Alex passes through the opponent.

From there he can land additional attacks.

V-Skill: Overhaul
Alex stretches his shoulders and charges up. If his next attack hits it will be considered a “hard hit” with the same effect as a counter-hit! The V-Skill’s motion is quick, so use it proactively when you have space or after downing the opponent.

Special Move: Flash Chop
Alex unleashes a mighty chop. After the H version he can follow with the throw move Power Drop.

Special Move: Air Knee Smash
Alex performs a flying knee strike that drops the opponent on hit!

Special Move: Power Bomb
Alex grabs the opponent and slams them into the ground in this throw technique. It’s highly damaging, so use it frequently when you close in.

Special Move: Head Crush
Alex approaches with a small leap, grabs the opponent and releases a fierce headbutt! This attack has incredibly high stun!

StormGoddess

Critical Art: Heavy Hammer
After a series of chops, Alex seizes the opponent, leaps into the air and smashes them into the ground. If the attack leads to a KO, the opponent stays stuck in the ground!

Alex will join the Street Fighter V cast later this month.

Error404

Noob
Why can't they draw proper hair? Ken has a banana peel on his head , Karin has pasta , and now Alex looks like hes got fries for hair.