What's new

SFIV for the iPhone

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702595/TheFeed.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=twitterblog&utm_campaign=so-0907-twitterthefeed-702595&cmpid=so-0907-twitterthefeed-702595

G4 said:
An iPhone and iPod Touch version of beloved fighting game Street Fighter 4 will be available in March. The game uses a "virtual d-pad" for control, and features a single player mode, and Bluetooth support that will allow players to Hadouken other iPhone users wirelessly.

Right now, only Ken and Ryu are confirmed as playable, but expect the roster to expand to include other favorite fighters.

"This is Street Fighter 4 in all its glory… compromised and awesome," Takeshi Tezuka, General Manager of Mobile Content Development at Capcom said in a statement. “We’re particularly proud of the multiplayer feature as it remains true to the series arcade roots by allowing players to go head-to-head over Bluetooth in spectacular fashion.”

As you might expect, the real test of the game will be the controls: Street Fighter requires perfect controls, and the iPhone's onscreen system will no doubt take some getting used to. We'll be first in line to find out how it works in March, when it comes out.

ZAQ

Noob
I'd really like to try this out, I always wanted to mess with an iphone to see what they are capable of.
That's pretty incredible that it can run something like sf4

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
So, it looks like you press the character icon to do your Ultra.

Can you imagine all the crazy ways that the charge characters can combo into their ultras now!?

Guile could probably link it off of a lp sonic boom, haha.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yea, I'm sure it isn't supposed to be a competitive standard, but it looks like a pretty good port considering its a freaking phone.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I got it.

Really amazing, I'm way more impressed than i thought I would be.

The controls are smooth for a virtual d pad, and it has all the modes that sfiv has including training mode and challenge mode. I just hit cr. Lk, cr. Lk, EX Legs > Ultra with chun. Weeeee!.

Definitely worth buying.