What's new

Seriously? What's DC Thinking?

I have not read the latest stuff involving lobo or the new redesign, but my initial reaction was a big bowl of *NOPE*!

...then someone on a forum made a really interesting point that made me a little more open minded. Lobo was originally created to be a parody of the ultra macho muscle bound badass antihero of the 90's....but its gotten to the point that he's now basically a parody of an archetype which isn't really prominent in pop culture anymore.

This new design could be seen as an attempt to parody the dark brooding emo prettyboy anime swordsman archetype.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Well... there was sort of an issue. There are 3 New 52 Lobos: Liefeld Lobo, Lobo Classic, and that twilight looking Lobo.

Basically Rob Liefeld was the first to do New 52 Lobo. Now for those who don't know who Rob Liefeld is, he is basically the worst at all the things. His Lobo was fucking awful. It appeared in Deathstroke, which was then cancelled, because all things Liefeld touches turns to shit.

ThenDC want to get rid of this shit Lobo that Liefeld has done, so they come up with two options. Ignore Liefeld's Lobo and create a new one. Due to classic Editorial cock-ups, they decide to do both,

So another more "Main Man" Lobo is featured in Stormwatch, which turned into a fairly crappy book IMO, and a new Lobo also ppeared (aka the poncy Lobo)

So there are currently two Lobos who want to frag each other claiming the other is an imposter.

Welcome to comics.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
They should've put NRS's Lobo design into comics he's perfect. If IGAU has a sequel game released I'd love to see the story involve Lobo more heavily, Sobolov's voice is the definitive Main Man!

Yoaks

A spaceman
I have not read the latest stuff involving lobo or the new redesign, but my initial reaction was a big bowl of *NOPE*!

...then someone on a forum made a really interesting point that made me a little more open minded. Lobo was originally created to be a parody of the ultra macho muscle bound badass antihero of the 90's....but its gotten to the point that he's now basically a parody of an archetype which isn't really prominent in pop culture anymore.

This new design could be seen as an attempt to parody the dark brooding emo prettyboy anime swordsman archetype.
That's an interesting theory. But I want "LOBO THE MAIN FUCKING MAN" not Justin Bieber.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Currently in the New 52 that I've read. This "new" Lobo got word that there is a "imposter" Lobo (The actual Main Man) on Earth in hiding. Which I don't like the "hiding" part. Lobo wouldn't hide. DC is fucking up with my favorite character in the New 52 right now. Anyway. Lo "Emo" Bo travels to Earth to find and kill the "imposter" Lobo but encounters Supergirl at some lab. They have a huge fight and than stop fighting cause Supergirl is on her period and super mad cause ppl tell her what to do and than New Fifty"Emo"Two Lobo leaves for whatever reason. So......PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I can actually imagine his personality. Although its nothing like the Original Lobo its not bad. I haven't read the comic though so i wouldn't know. I think it would interesting have a more serious lobo face off against the Main Man that we know.

Yoaks

A spaceman
It's the look and the fact that there's another Czarian. And he calls himself Lobo. That's why I don't like this version. Lobo is the 1 and ONLY Czarian left. Unless this has to do with his "Blood Multiplying Thing".

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I can actually imagine his personality. Although its nothing like the Original Lobo its not bad. I haven't read the comic though so i wouldn't know. I think it would interesting have a more serious lobo face off against the Main Man that we know.
He's actually not that bad the new one. Or emo at all.
Its named the "New 52" kind of a random name they have given the rebooted DC universe.
The DC Universe consists of 52 alternate universes, thus when everything got rebooted due to Flashpoint, there were 52 new universes.
Plus they put out 52 different comic books.