What's new

Seriously... Something needs to be done about the pokes

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Reading some of these comments are kinda cringe. I think what should be important to note, punishes in this game cannot be done reactionnally on any consistent basis online there is far to much variance with different types of blockstuns THAT CHANGE based on the distance your at. So when players say consistency there actually speaking to variance, now yes you guys absolutely right that punishes are consistent in anticipation under no circumstance is scorps tele or jonnys nut punch safe however online is brave world where your fastest buttons are highs and everyone mashes EVERYONE has experienced this so I get what the fuss is all about.
Yeah punishing things in this game is super weird. Everything has different blockstuns and pushbacks. It's like they created a lot of things to be a MAYBE you can punish it. This is ridiculous. If something is supposed to be punishable then make it REALLY punishable.

Reading some of these comments are kinda cringe. I think what should be important to note, punishes in this game cannot be done reactionnally on any consistent basis online there is far to much variance with different types of blockstuns THAT CHANGE based on the distance your at. So when players say consistency there actually speaking to variance, now yes you guys absolutely right that punishes are consistent in anticipation under no circumstance is scorps tele or jonnys nut punch safe however online is brave world where your fastest buttons are highs and everyone mashes EVERYONE has experienced this so I get what the fuss is all about.
I feel like that’s what this dude was trying to say but he just wasn’t communicating it properly and the shills swallowed him up for it lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Gaxkang He tends to do that to a lot of people(myself included as you can see he's admitted himself) I Find it hilarious how a guy who says I'm "beyond help" who've plenty of users have called him out on the same issue not seeing others points for years says that. There's some irony for ya. At this point though I don't care, before MK X I never even heard of him anyway he's one of those guys on here that no matter what you say about MK 11, he's just going to defend it to no end no matter the flaw which you've probably deduced by now.

I mean this thread is just another bit of proof having 9 pages of people ranting about that this game isn't anywhere near as good as some people claim it to be and obviously a lot of users have posted examples why pokes are dumb in this game. REO for example(among other MK players) made vids months or recently like the last one ago why pokes are ass in this game.

Last edited:
This thread is a trip. Idk how y’all got on Johnny a while back but he’s op asf. +600 off every touch can’t even move, completely broke the game, Jacqui who? (pls don’t nerf)
As far as the pokes, the system can stand to be better considering it’d be an easy fix. Just increase hit advantage and increase negative frames.
Also, some things in this game have ambiguous punish timings like Jades bo staff thing (bf2) or Cassie amp Kneecapping, that make things unnecessarily harder to punish. Nut punch is not one of those things. I punish nut punch with nut punch for the KB lol