What's new

[Sep 26, 2015] Mitsu's Kombat Klash - Germany's first MKX Tournament! (Hannover)

Rey

Reycier
I'm driving from bonn but I will drive by car.
Should I pick u up?
Than we can share the gas ;)

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
i would have a ps4 but no Monitor, if i can make it. should we Make a "setup collection" in this thread Folks?

edit: anyone from the cologne area going? we could maybe share a ticket
i could bring a monitor. We´re 2 guys from Gelsenkirchen (maybe 1-2 more guys who dont know if they have time / money)

Rey

Reycier
Yeah, drive back on the same day for sure.
Write me an pm, then we can call and plan better

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'm not sure yet if I will be able to make it. Depends on work and ticket/room price, I don't care to drive that far on a Fri afternoon. But I do have a monitor that I can bring for casuals or tourny play.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I could also bring one of the following consoles (if someone has a small tv). We could go for a retro mortal kombat fight.

PSX / PS2 / PS3 / SNES / X-Box Classic

I have to agree here. Because this is so last moment, you can't expect a huge amount of players. I'm lucky enough to be within driving distance and willing to travel, but for a lot of people (Germans included; it's a huge country) this just isn't the case.

@Mitsuownes what is the min. amount of players?
i must agree this trip costs me about 500 bugs

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
i would have a ps4 but no Monitor, if i can make it. should we Make a "setup collection" in this thread Folks?

edit: anyone from the cologne area going? we could maybe share a ticket
I'm driving from Roermond (near Monchengladbach) and I think I'll drive past Koln. I could pick some people up.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
So the flight would be more expensive than I thought, and I wouldn't make it on time. Sadly I can't be there for this after all. :(

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I kinda asked about 30 german players i know, who are not @testyourmight. Almost everyone cried for german tournaments. Now there is one and they say, I´m not good enough, i don´t have money or they don´t wanna drive 3 hours.

German people rly need to level up :( .

I´m not the best player myself, but atleast i´m up for a competition.

Also it´s not about winning the tournament! It´s more about fun + meeting kind people with the same interest

Of course it´s about winning the tournament :DOGE

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
I kinda asked about 30 german players i know, who are not @testyourmight. Almost everyone cried for german tournaments. Now there is one and they say, I´m not good enough, i don´t have money or they don´t wanna drive 3 hours.

German people rly need to level up :( .
This is the problem I had.

I was afraid of losing, afraid of being humiliated. I hesitated a lot before buying MKX for the Xbox One to participate in the ESL League. Now look how important the decision was for me and how much it payed of.

Even if you play bad, I think no one won a tournament at the first try. You get better by playing better opponents. Also, like you said, it's about fun and meeting others.

It's the reason why I started this thing in the first place. I had the feeling that a lot of people wanted a scene. So let's see how much they really want it.

Thanks for trying to spread the love.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone

I was afraid of losing, afraid of being humiliated. I hesitated a lot before buying MKX for the Xbox One to participate in the ESL League. Now look how important the decision was for me and how much it payed of.

Even if you play bad, I think no one won a tournament at the first try. You get better by playing better opponents. Also, like you said, it's about fun and meeting others.

It's the reason why I started this thing in the first place. I had the feeling that a lot of people wanted a scene. So let's see how much they really want it.

People love to bitch and moan for stuff, but once they get it, they're hardly ever as enthousiastic as their complaining would let you believe. I generally find that people are more interested in the idea of a scene comparable to what the US has, instead of actually contributing to make it happen.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
People love to bitch and moan for stuff, but once they get it, they're hardly ever as enthousiastic as their complaining would let you believe. I generally find that people are more interested in the idea of a scene comparable to what the US has, instead of actually contributing to make it happen.
To clear up what I mean by this, put it this way. These guys don't want a scene that you have to travel for and risk not winning your money back. They literally want a scene in their home town (preferably next door) of 30+ people who are all good, but slightly worse than them, so they're guaranteed to not get destroyed and 'humiliated'.

Wake up, guys! That's not the way this works. A good fighting game scene needs people of different skill levels to get together and raise the level of everyone. When I started playing competitively (MK9), I got my ass handed to me at every single tournament I went to. I got bodied by a (mediocre) Sheeva player ffs. But that's what motivates you to get better. You start to feel like: "Damn, I'm never letting that happen again. I need to play this guy more often and learn this match up." That's how you get better and help your scene grow.

If I hadn't gone to that first tournament (which was a 4 hour return trip and cost me upwards of 75 euros total btw), I would never have gotten to the level I am at today. Third place at the MK Cup finals and I won a trip to fucking LA (where I played horribly...). Not to mention that I've only 'lost' once in every other MKX tournament I've entered (by losing I mean 2nd place).

Take this opportunity and LEARN from the players who are better than you and improve your game. Stop being a wimp and get out there. There's no better way - and no alternative, really - to get good than this.

End rant...

Mitsuownes

That was no rant @rubmytaco , that was real talk. If I didn't play against all these pro's now in MKX, I would still be one of those guys who call everything "spam" once I didn't know what to do.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob

To clear up what I mean by this, put it this way. These guys don't want a scene that you have to travel for and risk not winning your money back. They literally want a scene in their home town (preferably next door) of 30+ people who are all good, but slightly worse than them, so they're guaranteed to not get destroyed and 'humiliated'.

Wake up, guys! That's not the way this works. A good fighting game scene needs people of different skill levels to get together and raise the level of everyone. When I started playing competitively (MK9), I got my ass handed to me at every single tournament I went to. I got bodied by a (mediocre) Sheeva player ffs. But that's what motivates you to get better. You start to feel like: "Damn, I'm never letting that happen again. I need to play this guy more often and learn this match up." That's how you get better and help your scene grow.

If I hadn't gone to that first tournament (which was a 4 hour return trip and cost me upwards of 75 euros total btw), I would never have gotten to the level I am at today. Third place at the MK Cup finals and I won a trip to fucking LA (where I played horribly...). Not to mention that I've only 'lost' once in every other MKX tournament I've entered (by losing I mean 2nd place).

Take this opportunity and LEARN from the players who are better than you and improve your game. Stop being a wimp and get out there. There's no better way - and no alternative, really - to get good than this.

End rant...

well i agree with both of you. I´ve played around 15k games in MK9. I got wrecked by anyone. I had a roommate who played with me a lot offline aswell, so i had competition. That not just helped me, i just wanted to become better than he was :D. I played a lot of bad players and lost to them. Playing a lot helps to improve.

I´ve been in the LAB for like half a year (i played a lot of Noob Saibot in the beginning because his combos where easy :>),till i won more games than i lost.

Now :

I´ve played 3000 Ranked games in MKX and kinda 50% of the games i could win blind now. If i go and search player match i´ve to search like half an hour till someone accepts the challenge.

Good to have this forum. A lot of people here helped me a lot to get better. Ty to everyone for this :).

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
Yo Mitso count me and @Afumba in!

Müssen wir echt schon wieder um 6 raus? Kannst nicht nochmal abklären ob es auch länger geht? Is doch Samstag und so... ;)

Mitsuownes

Yo Mitso count me and @Afumba in!

Müssen wir echt schon wieder um 6 raus? Kannst nicht nochmal abklären ob es auch länger geht? Is doch Samstag und so... ;)
Wir können früher anfangen, aber müssen um 6 leider dann. Sonst würde es ein Vermögen kosten. Sorry!

Bitte denkt dran zeitnah die Tickets zu erwerben, damit ich alles im Überblick habe.

Danke und schönes Wochenende!

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
@rubmytaco you did play good at paris.. You won me lol!!
@Mitsuownes i wish you had anounced it at least 2 months before. Now the flights are around 200 and i was already planning for rfd.. Next time announce it faster and im gonna try to be there! ;)