What's new

Tech - Sub-Zero Semi Universal Anti-wakeup tech

This tech also works Midscreen (Believe it or not).
First end your combo with slide.
Then when you heard the cry of the opposing character.
Instead of ending with parry like this guy did do Back + 1 + 2 + slide or 1 + 2 + slide.
(thanks to him I was able to develop the tech).
This will break all the 8 frames or slower armor and will stop Milena roll.
In the Alien case The ex overhead tail and the air Pound will wiff ( because Sub Zero goes under him).
All the other Alien Armor gets Stuffed.
In the Corner the Ex Overhead tail is punishable with slide after the wiff.
Back + 1 + 2 + ice parry punishes cassie cage invincible wakeup.
In the Kung Lao And Reptile case Ex spin and Ex slide Get punished by Ex slide with the tech.

Only Smoke ex Fade is inmune to the tech.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
The B12 seems a bit tricky to time properly. Personally, I prefer F1, as it's active for a longer period of time, and if the opponent delays wakeup, you can go into F12, which is plus for GM and Unbreakable, and nuetral for Cryo, unlike B12 which is negative.

Either way, thanks for bringing this up!

Lokheit

Noob
Good tech, I was thinking that the slide would put you in the corner at frame disadvantage if they delay, but it won't come out if the string doesn't connect so that case is covered too. The main problem is if they block you're basically eating a full combo while your reward is only a knockdown and maybe 1 bar less for the opponent, so it's a very risky read.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
We're remaking the whole guide. This will also be added in the list with the longer DMG combo. :)

BTW, try this.

FJP, B2, B2, 242, 123~Slide (38%), AWP Barrier of Frost, B2, 1, B12~X-Ray (46%) = 84%!

Note that if you Parry your opponent, the combo's DMG will be reduced to -2. I will add this as comparison to let you guys see what do I mean. ;)

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Yeah, against Mileena's EN Roll, B12 and 12 just get stuffed. B1~Slide/Parry works, but that's a rather odd button to us. Definitely recommend the F1~Slide/Parry

We're remaking the whole guide. This will also be added in the list with the longer DMG combo. :)

BTW, try this.

FJP, B2, B2, 242, 123~Slide (38%), AWP Barrier of Frost, B2, 1, B12~X-Ray (46%) = 84%!

Note that if you Parry your opponent, the combo's DMG will be reduced to -2. I will add this as comparison to let you guys see what do I mean. ;)
First of all, Thanks a lot for your comment.
With the tech adds a 7% more for the 2 (the two is a reset. It doesn't count as a combo if opponent uses armor. so it doesn't scale) of the back 1 + 2 + parry (AWP tech). so is a total of 91%.

Last edited:

Tanno

First of all, Thanks a lot for your comment.
With the tech adds a 7% more for the 2 (the two is a reset. It doesn't count as a combo if opponent uses armor. so it doesn't scale) of the back 1 + 2 + parry (AWP tech). so is a total of 91%.
91%? Mind if you can write down the full combo like how I did with mine combo inputs? I'd love to try this out and include it in the combos list. :)

91%? Mind if you can write down the full combo like how I did with mine combo inputs? I'd love to try this out and include it in the combos list. :)
FJP, B2, B2, 242, 123~Slide (38%),Back 1 +2 +AWP Barrier of Frost, B2, 1, B12~X-Ray (46%) = 84% + (7% of the 2 of back 1+2) = 91%!
Easier to read.

Tanno

I tested it and it seems that it works, however, it's way risky, so I would advice to do the B12~EN Parry to avoid being wrecked. Its armor will prevent the armored wakeup attack from killing you. It needs a strict timing to make it able.