What's new

General/Other - Sektor Sektor suggested fixes and buffs

Do you agree with this Changes ?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lmao he's WAY better than MK9 Sektor.
On release lol, but now would say no. Been nerfed too much. Used to run into a lot of Sektor players or more at least in rooms, ranked MK9 etc this game I never see him being used period lol. I see a lot of Smokes though. That an I miss MK 9 flame thrower pushback/safe. He's good for zoning don't get me wrong, just between the run in this game and he flamethrower not working the same it's not as effective as MK 9 Sektor, MK 9 you could do anything rush, zone, footsies. The run hinders a lot of that in this game.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
On release lol, but now would say no. Been nerfed too much. Used to run into a lot of Sektor players or more at least in rooms, ranked MK9 etc this game I never see him being used period lol. I see a lot of Smokes though. That an I miss MK 9 flame thrower pushback/safe. He's good for zoning don't get me wrong, just between the run in this game and he flamethrower not working the same it's not as effective as MK 9 Sektor, MK 9 you could do anything rush, zone, footsies. The run hinders a lot of that in this game.
As #2 for most of the games life in MK9 and having like 15k games, I NEVER EVER saw Sektors. Sektor in MK9 had tiny T-Rex arms, this one doesn't struggle with range at all. His teleport was good but you don't have air dash to make is pseudo-safe. He didn't have the zoning this one has nor the up rockets. The d3 in this game is also waaaay better.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
As #2 for most of the games life in MK9 and having like 15k games, I NEVER EVER saw Sektors. Sektor in MK9 had tiny T-Rex arms, this one doesn't struggle with range at all. His teleport was good but you don't have air dash to make is pseudo-safe. He didn't have the zoning this one has nor the up rockets. The d3 in this game is also waaaay better.
i didn't play MK9, so i don't know about mk9 Sektor. but i guess this version is way better than mk9 sektor.

BTW his D3 is good and bad in the same time ... its good because it draw Sektor hurtbox backward ... its bad because it has short reach

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
i didn't play MK9, so i don't know about mk9 Sektor. but i guess this version is way better than mk9 sektor.

BTW his D3 is good and bad in the same time ... its good because it draw Sektor hurtbox backward ... its bad because it has short reach
Uuuh Sektor's d3? It has a huge range..

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
Does straight missile really need more recovery? I think they are meant to recover slower because they cause hard knockdowns.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Depends, you'd have to play MK9 then judge for yourself. That game has no run, so the instant rushdown tactic in it is practically moot. This game however anyone can get in at any given time so long as they have stamina, Sektor's tools overall were better in MK 9 because A. he wasn't nerfed to death. B. they worked great for zoning or rushing down, had great 50/50s as well(IMO better than MK X's) and his flame thrower as myself and few others mentioned was better, this game only the ex version is good, the normal one sucks and is essentially useless. MK 9 both versions of the move were good, the teleport hasn't changed that much. Still faster in air/instant air than the grounded version. I will say I DO like his ex straight missiles better in MK X though as they juggle you and push the guy back a bit.

I remember one dude from Canada who loved doing Sektor matches with me, and there was this other dude early on MK9's life who had a damn solid one, a few of my friends saw me using him and wanted to use him one being a chick lol she wasn't too shabby with him either named skullface. She had a baby so she's rarely on MK X at all. Of course there was Ketchup but I never saw him on at least the rooms I went into and when I did player rank/rank etc This game honestly I saw Sektor used the first week Triborg was out a few times, the rest was Smoke, smoke, Smoke, Cyber Sub, Cyrax here and there, Smoke, Smoke, Smoke lol...like everyone on Smoke. Don't know if it was just my experience but that character was being milked hardcore lol. I agree about the normals having better range, I just wished they kept his flame thrower the same. I also felt his seeker had a bit more time to plan for jump in 50/50's and rushdown attacks in MK9 than MK X(could be the faster pace and the run) but just feels that way to me in this game. One other thing I noticed, the rising missile in MKX does NOT stop teleport stomping moves in their tracks like they did in MK 9 ie Sheeva's, QC's. This game it just goes right through so if Goro does his tp stomp, sektor's eating it where as MK 9 it would have stopped him cold if you could read it. The up rockets are faster in this game obviously by a lot, though the stun as we all know was nerfed but the up missile in MK9 wasn't bad by any stretch, the set ups were awesome like Ketchup was saying early on for defensive tactics someone rushing in on you, do the close one with a 50/50 and you could do some damage. Of course since it's faster in this game that makes it easier. The air dash I agree was a good edition. I zoned with him all the time in MK9, this game can also be done it's just not as easy with the run mechanic. Can you imagine MKX Sektor without a run? HA.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
  • He needs his last missle on BF1 to not wiff
  • F4 hitbox fixed
  • Flame changed to DB3
  • F212 xx BB should have a few more frames grace for input
  • Up rockets should have a small amount of less recovery
  • A little more hit advantage on some moves and projectiles so he can easily hit confirm into Teleport punch would greatly help Sektor.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
  • F212 xx BB should have a few more frames grace for input
  • Up rockets should have a small amount of less recovery
  • A little more hit advantage on some moves and projectiles so he can easily hit confirm into Teleport punch would greatly help Sektor.
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about f212bb. And no to both, they're fine as they are.
Idk, I think Sektor's are fine now.

Thoughts @RM Cossner
It's whatever.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
This thread comes off to me more of a checklist of things that MK9 Sektor did better than fake (MKX) Sektor…

Safe advancing mid? (F2) Check.

Safe GTFO move? (B1) Check.

Safe low move? (B34) Check.

Safe normals overall? Check.

More damage? Check.

Faster Instant Air Teleport Uppercut? Check.

MIDS THAT DON'T WHIFF ON BULLSHIT LOW HITBOXES? Check.

omooba

fear the moobs
so we're just gonna let the hole 2,1,2 up rocket shinanigins live and buff the man? bruh

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Only thing that I miss from MK9 Sektor is his flamethrower restand but we still have some sort of restand so, that's fine.

Sektor doesn't really need any buff but fixes like lot of character in the roster.
He's good and fair in a game with unfair character but still solid.

Fixes needed are:
- Flamethrower command changed from DD3 to DB3
- EX Flamethrower hitbox fixes so he can be a proper anti-air
- EX Straight Missiles whiffing on the third missile
- hitbox issues fixed

One personal thing is the use of EX up rockets in junction with back and forward to give more or less speed on the seeking rocket.
So we can have a slow assist rocket with EX DB2->back, a surprise speedy rocket with EX DB2->forward.

More hit advantage on some of his pokes would be a good buff even if it's already fine.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Sektor in MK9 was very solid. I think he was more effective in previous game due to the game mechanic. With his tools such as: Flame thrower, missles, instant teleport, standing 1 that was 6f He could really control the whole game. Against Kabal that MU was at worst scenario 4-6, while putting Sektor against Top 3 here, its much worse.