What's new

Sektor Questions

Yeah, when I said run burst I meant what mista said...I kind of ...sort of get what dreamcatcher said. Not really though. I guess that's run jabbing or cancels or something.

Near

Noob
thanks MistaKM, Dubson (who i think i added on my buddy list on this site or something like that although i dont know how that works), onewhitegold, and of course dreamcatcher who at least haphazardly explained to me how to run jab =]

Skateblind, play me and I'll pick sektor every time and do some very creative things to you and your lil' midget nightwolf. :)
I don't want to ever play you again, you take it far too seriously, I would get my arsed whipped and you blow your own horn too much for my liking.

If I ever hear you talking about NW like that again you better watch your back ;).

lol Dubson and KM are right, this thread is filled with mixed signals, no wonder the poor kid is confused.

KM i'll play your sector, I been using cyrax alot, we could have a ketchup and mustard fight. I been tryin' to get the hang of his air throw, but when i look at the moves list it says, "D, F, BL, LP" but what exactly is the LP for?;):p

But more on topic, sector does have creativity just like any character does. The runbursts would probley take you some time to get the hang of as far as proper timing, kinna depends on how high you pop your opponent up too. The combo you guys are talking about reminds me of R. smokes teleport uppercut, aaHP, spear. Alot of times i'll tele uppercut and they dont fly very high, so by the time i hit the ground to move forward, they're to far away for me to aaHP so i have to resort to the spear instead. Unless that's lag workin' against me lol but the only thing I can think of is it's the position i connect to the hitbox...or the character your tryin' to pull it off on...Does that combo work on everyone or what?

lol Dubson and KM are right, this thread is filled with mixed signals, no wonder the poor kid is confused.

KM i'll play your sector, I been using cyrax alot, we could have a ketchup and mustard fight. I been tryin' to get the hang of his air throw, but when i look at the moves list it says, "D, F, BL, LP" but what exactly is the LP for?

But more on topic, sector does have creativity just like any character does. The runbursts would probley take you some time to get the hang of as far as proper timing, kinna depends on how high you pop your opponent up too. The combo you guys are talking about reminds me of R. smokes teleport uppercut, aaHP, spear. Alot of times i'll tele uppercut and they dont fly very high, so by the time i hit the ground to move forward, they're to far away for me to aaHP so i have to resort to the spear instead. Unless that's lag workin' against me lol but the only thing I can think of is it's the position i connect to the hitbox...or the character your tryin' to pull it off on...Does that combo work on everyone or what?
D,F,BL = Flying Cyrax : LP = Throw

so...
D,F,BL,LP = Flying Cyrax that throws the opponent

Press LP when you are near the opponent to throw them in the air. The air throw only works if you have made him fly first using D,F,BL and the fly only works if the opponent is in the air(duh).

Hope that helps.

D,F,BL = Flying Cyrax : LP = Throw

so...
D,F,BL,LP = Flying Cyrax that throws the opponent

Press LP when you are near the opponent to throw them in the air. The air throw only works if you have made him fly first using D,F,BL and the fly only works if the opponent is in the air(duh).

Hope that helps.
Actually I do know that...
but I like messing around with low tier character and cyrax is just loads of fun. when i first started using him tho, i looked at the list for basic combos and moves, the only ones that gave me trouble was the air throw and the teleport (damn analog stick), but i dont have any trouble now. There's times when i play a couple friends we'll jus mess around, oh cyrax can fly pretty high lol tony hawk aint got nothin' on cyrax lol

The reason I said that is cause konqrr has already said he needed to make alot of changes to all that stuff, and at first when i tried the air throw it wouldn't work cause i was pushing LP to soon...

But lets get back on topic...

I know u asked about the 3 hit pop up and im not sure if i can tell you something that you cant find on this site. However I know there is a few things you can do against the CORNER w/ Sektor such as: Seeker, Seeker, TP, aaHP, D Missle. Im not exactly sure what it is but i remember getting it to around 67% so its something to work on for fun but not very effective competitively (i've tried). It wont work if you stand too close in the corner u need to be about 4 steps away or so. Also it doesnt work on all chars so.... try it on Jax hehe. Good luck

Actually I do know that...
but I like messing around with low tier character and cyrax is just loads of fun. when i first started using him tho, i looked at the list for basic combos and moves, the only ones that gave me trouble was the air throw and the teleport (damn analog stick), but i dont have any trouble now. There's times when i play a couple friends we'll jus mess around, oh cyrax can fly pretty high lol tony hawk aint got nothin' on cyrax lol

The reason I said that is cause konqrr has already said he needed to make alot of changes to all that stuff, and at first when i tried the air throw it wouldn't work cause i was pushing LP to soon...

But lets get back on topic...
Dude the other day I was dropping anti cross up air throws with cyrax like I was pro and throwing everyitme I wanted too shit was mad cool cus I suck

but seriously paralyzer get on and I'll give ya some ketchup (aka semen)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Sorry, don't know what I was thinking. But thanks, Dubson, for posting here and PMing me to call me an idiot for it. I mixed up "bursting" with whatever the word given for tapping run before cancelling a jab. I realize what they're both used for, just mixed the lingo...and inevitably, failed.

Near

Noob
its k dreamcatcher, we all make mistakes lol so yea, usually after the 3hit popup i walk in for an aaHP and then use a regular missile... same if i manage to get the robo uppercut

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Work post:

There are ways to get sweeps to be unblockable and cause the sweep animation (not juggle which sometimes happens). Summoning is good at getting unblockable sweeps mixed with his JK, Dive Kicks as Kung Lao. It's similar to how you would do a relaunch combo. Sektor I would advise always using sweeps at the end of his combos regardless of whether they are blockable or not since it adds a little bit of free damage, unless of course some players just enjoy seeing their combo damage results pop up.

For Sektor my standard punishers are usually aaHP, TU, aaHP, JK, then fire a smart missile, and this would be off a counter aaHP. For a regular punisher, you can do aaHP, TU, aaHP, aaHP, JK then sweep check or smart missile set up.

I did a 50% punisher mid scren with sektor on human smooke yesterday.

aahp, tp, punch, jk, sweep
yeah, you definitely run burst.

seriously, question. if mista did that combo really fast and not run burst the aahp/lp, it wouldn't have done 50%, more like around 38%.

Is it that waiting after the TU for a little make DP go away, like waiting with kabals spin punisher?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
aaHP, TU, aaHP, JK never has any DP involved, it's always 38% since all hits do full damage. The sweep brings it up to 50%. Youd definitely want to run burst and run cancel the aaHP regardless to make the contact for the JK easier, and in some situations 2 aaHPs as well. In a situation with Kabal where you would let them drop out to reset the DP, it'd be after a single uppercut part of his pop up combo followed by a Spin, or, after a grounded JK to Spin. This however doesn't work for Sub-zero, it'd be great if it did. Another 50% Sektor juggle I tend get often is when there is a smart missile out, aaHP, TU, smart missile hits either right before or a bit after, depending when you can even bring it up to 57%.

Near

Noob
ah ok thanks Shock, that helped now i just gotta work on mindgames -_- but i wont ask for help on that. I think that all depends on each individual player,

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
sektor is basics. most important thing to remember is to shoot a homing missle during their block stun from another homing missle, causing a looping effect. mix up a straight missle for gits and shiggles.

if a teleport hits just roundhouse and homing

3 hit popup, immediately do a homing
(sometimes it will hit them midair and you can do sick juggles)

while you are waiting for a homing to hit, try to run in so you can rj (throw/jump check) cancel homing

his uppercut is good, throw out the classic rj, knee, uppercut

and i would suggest high kicking more than sweeping (hit that shit twice every time)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would say always do aaHP, JK after TU, then missile just because it's a bit more damage, and they stay closer to you having less chance to escape safely and more chance of bad escape attempts, setting up some obscure juggle potential.

Tim Static

Adminerator
sektor is basics. most important thing to remember is to shoot a homing missle during their block stun from another homing missle, causing a looping effect. mix up a straight missle for gits and shiggles.

if a teleport hits just roundhouse and homing

3 hit popup, immediately do a homing
(sometimes it will hit them midair and you can do sick juggles)

while you are waiting for a homing to hit, try to run in so you can rj (throw/jump check) cancel homing

his uppercut is good, throw out the classic rj, knee, uppercut

and i would suggest high kicking more than sweeping (hit that shit twice every time)
LOL Holy shit, you ass. :D