What's new

Strategy Sektor Frame Data

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
on a completely unrelated note, sektors leg lift 4 can catch mileenas wake up roll ^_^

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Leg lift also goes right over scorpions wake up leg grab.
Also, if you do b34 from max or close range, it can be uppercutted. To make it safe, do one b3, then b34. Both kicks will hit the crouched opponent.
Also if you trade punches in the air, you can do f2~TU, into a combo of your choice.
Also, bad matchups for Sektor are Smoke, Kenshi and Mileena so far.

That is all for now.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I see vs kenshi even, vs smoke 5.5:4.5 in his favor, and mileena potentially 7.5:3.5 in her favor

That bitch is basically THE counterpick to sektor

I hope I'm proven wrong about mileena >_>

Somberness

Lights
Might be 53 but I haven't checked it in a while. I should say I changed enhanced uppercut to -6 a while ago, it's one of those moves where he starts from crouch so it threw me off by 1 frame.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Homing Missile (minimum) - +60
ie Even if I hit the opponent to block Teleport Uppercut then he will not punish me(because he -45 in block)?
then the question of the technical trap?
b+2~TU => NJP => 1(wiff)2,2~Ex d,b+3 and TU(no punish?)
b+2~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex d,b+3 TU+pressing
b+2~TU => NJP => dash u+3~4~Ex d,b+3
1,2,b+1 => iaTU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex d,b+3
and whether you can manage to do this (after NJP possible):
b+2~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => ?U+3~4~Ex d,b+3
Sorry if this is not the place or have already been discussed

Somberness

Lights
It'd still be disadvantage.. Maybe if you did the homing missile from full screen. I still need to update this thread a lot.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
This is a rough example (Up Missle Hit Block+TU Block). I do it to try a new technical trap.
But if the Missle flies bream and the enemy did Wakeup the rocket will prevent him from punishing Sector,true test?

Somberness

Lights
Homing missile is +85 on block from full screen and it takes approximately 90 frames for jump + teleport (blocked) to complete. So that should be safe.

Somberness

Lights
Finished Sektor. The reason he has 2 different cancel advantages for certain moves is because he can teleport immediately once the attack hits. It's considered an air teleport after those moves, so there would be no gap.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Sektor do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?

Element_

The First Element
i come across alot of people that just freeze and have no idea what to do when i apply preasure with sek...with the f+2 and 1+2 being zero on block....i for sure rate this character in the Top Ten....but thats just my opinion.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Should really understand this by now but what is the actual block advantage of homing missile? Am I thinking the minimum of +60 is the length of time the missile is on screen and the opponent has to block without being hit? Or is it the plus frames Sektor's at after the missile hits them blocking? Because I've been uppercutted, D1'd, been jumped away from - pretty much all kinds of pressure escapes online and offline. Kenshi's EX SC feels more + than homing missile....

Should really understand this by now but what is the actual block advantage of homing missile? Am I thinking the minimum of +60 is the length of time the missile is on screen and the opponent has to block without being hit? Or is it the plus frames Sektor's at after the missile hits them blocking? Because I've been uppercutted, D1'd, been jumped away from - pretty much all kinds of pressure escapes online and offline. Kenshi's EX SC feels more + than homing missile....
I would assume it is the block advantage Sektor has after a homing missile hits a blocking opponent.

Whether this may comfort you or not: Online latency and lag can make frame data and block advantage irrelevant at times.