What's new

Sektor Corner combo help

I'm playing MKT and I'm trying to do the Smart Missle, JK, Teleport punch, JK, aaHP, and Doblu Missle but I can't connect. Any advice?

dreemernj

Ambassador
If it's aaJK, I would start out with Sektor just about at maximum sweep range with your opponent in the corner. Fire the homing missile, have both characters jump, get the JK and quickly do the TPU. The missile will probably hit right after the jump kick. Then the TPU hits, and I'll usually do a jump away kick, then aaHP, double fireball.

dreemernj said:
If it's aaJK, I would start out with Sektor just about at maximum sweep range with your opponent in the corner. Fire the homing missile, have both characters jump, get the JK and quickly do the TPU. The missile will probably hit right after the jump kick. Then the TPU hits, and I'll usually do a jump away kick, then aaHP, double fireball.
would it be easy to get this in a real match?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Definately not. Your best bet at a combo using the homing missile that is actually possible in gameplay would probably start with a homing missile, hope they are paying attention to that and, if they leave the ground, go for a teleport uppercut. You may get the missile to connect before or after the TPU. But really a useful combo with a homing missile is something you'll have to really play by ear.

dreemernj said:
Definately not. Your best bet at a combo using the homing missile that is actually possible in gameplay would probably start with a homing missile, hope they are paying attention to that and, if they leave the ground, go for a teleport uppercut. You may get the missile to connect before or after the TPU. But really a useful combo with a homing missile is something you'll have to really play by ear.
Oh. ok. Thanks Dreemer.

Now I need to think of a good combo. 8)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I got the very set up needed last night for smart missile, aaJK, TPU on XBL. You can almost force it to happen in the right situation. the best combo I've gotten with him mid screen is, smart missile out, jump back, opponent jumps in, aaJK, instant cancel TPU, TPU hits, missile hits, aaHP, JK, sets up another missile. 59%, you can achieve it a couple different ways, as in when the moves connect. It's not something you see often but it's not impossible.