What's new

Breakthrough - Sektor Sektor consistent armor break ( loopable)

Broken?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 100.0%

• Total voters

Agilaz

It has begun
You know what happens when tech doesn't get the exposure it needs?

Kabal.
I don't wanna derail this thread too much, but that's not a very good comparison. In this case, Sektor got double nerfed barely a week after release, meanwhile Alien still has bullshit by the truckloads, and so do the other KP2 characters.

This tech is good. It's fair, since it has a way out and it costs meter. It's not too different from Sektor's up missiles in the sense that those two could be avoided entirely and punished hard. But hey, I'm in no mood to get into that whole argument again.

Point is, some tech should be kept under a thin veil in order to protect it from knee-jerk nerfs.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I went to the lab, both of the setups at the beginning are full combo punishable by a lot of characters, they just need to tech roll and wake up. You cant really option select it so I dont know if its worth doing at all. The EX looks pretty good but it may be a gimmick. Its really easy to see when you're launching the ex rocket, so they can just stay in the ground and make the rocket crash. I think this may work against randoms but anyone with half a brain will probably adapt quickly, and you wasted 12% damage and a bar for nothing.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I didn't put this In my thread as Meterless can be tech rolled all the time

But I guess it could work when conditioned

Good stuff

Last edited:

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I went to the lab, both of the setups at the beginning are full combo punishable by a lot of characters, they just need to tech roll and wake up. You cant really option select it so I dont know if its worth doing at all. The EX looks pretty good but it may be a gimmick. Its really easy to see when you're launching the ex rocket, so they can just stay in the ground and make the rocket crash. I think this may work against randoms but anyone with half a brain will probably adapt quickly, and you wasted 12% damage and a bar for nothing.
Good point in regards to the meterless setup , but for the ex missile I don't think it's a complete waste because if you force a delayed wakeup they have to hold whatever comes next , which could lead to a mixup.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Good point in regards to the meterless setup , but for the ex missile I don't think it's a complete waste because if you force a delayed wakeup they have to hold whatever comes next , which could lead to a mixup.
Yeah its useful if you want to end a round and stuff.
Have you experimented with finishing with 114 ex up rocket mid screen? It gives you time to run up and do something but idk if its viable.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Yeah its useful if you want to end a round and stuff.
Have you experimented with finishing with 114 ex up rocket mid screen? It gives you time to run up and do something but idk if its viable.
Midscreen in order to connect 114 up rocket you need to do ex teleport run under 114 up missile. They have decent options off of it but definitely a strong ender , if they try to move forward afterwards they will get hit with front missIles , if they tech roll ir back dash they will get caught be regular up missile , I don't think ex missile is worth it because they have so much time to back away. If they get hit by the missile you can connect f13 but you have to run at them immediately. Godlike ender to start your zoning for sure though.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Scorpions Takeout can be punished, but I couldn't get it consistently on a 50/50 mix-up...

Edit: I actually can't get b1 to connect ever... So this is probably the same for Sub's and Reptile's slide.