What's new

Seems to work...Anti kabal?

jdub03

Noob
I already know stryker is low tier and kabal is number 1 on the list. I find his riot gun to be the perfect derrent for run dash happy players. His grenades also do a fair job at keeping them back. Im sure expert kabal players would have no problem with stryker. I just havent encountered them yet.

Anyone want to test my stryker against your kabal? Send me a request and we can play. I know im not that good im just trying to see how well he works against an experianced kabal. I will be on after this tuesday, which is the day of my last final.

stryker is a better char. then posted, but he's a timming char. best played in the arcade version much deadlyer vs kabal and smoke.

Stryker isn't a low tier. You might be able to catch them a couple times with the gun but you have a much better chance of blocking and doing a popup with infinite posibilities. With your lucky riot gun you dont get anything.

jdub03

Noob
i dont use the riot gun recklessly. I throw it out every now and then to catch them off guard. I also use it when they jump in wrong. If there not close enough it will catch them for a small air juggle. Usually i sit back and wait for a run dash then pop them up.

The point is you cant counter a dash/spin with a gun unless they are like full screen away. Even if you can it's about worthless because the auto combo alone does a lot more damage.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think he uses the Riot Gun as a pre-emptive counter, a psychological tactic to make him stop doing the spin so much altogether.

jdub03

Noob
exactly. Its a mix-up game. I even throw in the baton trip every once in a while(Every couple of matches).

I used to play third strike which is all about mix-ups and psychological battles. I just migrated my basic tactics from there to this game.

I did play king Bizhop yesterday. He tore me up. He didnt use kabal though. I still need to test stryker against kabal.

Stryker have good things that i like...

The Long granade in meedscreen it´s very helpfull if you´re always keep doing the low granade, and then use the large.

To punish crossup the dash it´s a very nice way to "fuck" the crossup and he´s "dash" ( like we said here in venezuela i mean, F,F+HK) have a good damage.

His launch combo... OMG, is so great and it´s very easy to perform, the only bad thing it´s just that if you make de kombo slowly you can be punished.

Against Ninjas (Male) if you make de launch kombo and keep making the infinite, ( which is very easy against ninja´s) you could win.

so, stryker is not too bad like some peoples said, im using stryker since 3 months ago i begin just for fun, and then i see that he´s a very dangerous character...

Being a Kabal player, Stryker seems dangerous at first when he's on the other side of the screen spamming grenades, but it doesn't work very long. I usually just run a bit and block to slowly get up close.

I definitely don't underestimate Stryker though, and I know that you'll have to play a more defensive game, much the same as if you were playing against Unmasked Sub. You just don't want to be running in like a mad dog that might work against other characters.

I have officially declared Stryker my Anti Aggresive Character. Got my ass kicke by a couple of people who rushed in. Really fast. I started using Stryker and won. I was so happy. He really does work well against rushers.

XL

Noob
But you have to be fast as well to counter them. I can't ever whip out the riot gun in time to stop them.

I'd rather match them at their own game and use Nightwolf, since he's extremely speedy.

Im good with stryker as it is, Pull out the riot gun Before they get to you.(unless they can telepunch, they probably wont make it over to you before you block) Throw nades All the time, low if their rushing, High if their jumping. Strykers Roundhouse is awesome, as is his uppercut.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Stryker's RH is good for run unders. It's a little slow so the timing winds up evening out as they sail over you and it connects. Otherwise, it's similar to Unmasked Sub's lazy RH.

I find Un-masked SubZero to be my anti aggressive character, i'll usally pick him if i play someone new who picks kabal to "test" the water so to speak, the ice cloan really negates kabals dash and works quite well for me against really aggressive rushers.