What's new

Seems to be a R1 Block button renaissance going on...

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
All kinds of FGC on twitter bout pros moving their block button over.

Did this a couple days ago and for some reason it affected me a lot...Sick of getting hit in the neutral by stuff when I know I press block, also tired of buttons not coming out or me getting thrown when I know I release block. I don't play wave dashing characters, so that's just gravy. But hopefully it benefits my defense.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I can actually wavedash and Auto FB without the switch but it does help Wavedashing for sure but only slightly.
Mostly learning to wavedash has to do with getting the rythum. Its about doing FF, BLK, F then getting the right timing of F, BLK, F, BLK...

But that's my opinion. I don't have much trouble getting the wavedash or flawless block because I trained myself to lightly tap the trigger a few games ago. You only have to press it in slightly to register the block. Alternatively you can get a hair trigger stop added on your R2/RT so it only allows it to go the perfect amount down, just enough to trigger the input and quickly releases.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I realize this was already known, i said renaissance bc multiple multiple FGC bros on twitter been raving about how they just changed it themselves and they like it, as in during the last 2-3 days. Rewind, DJT, and MFSlayer to name a few off the top.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Been using a Hori FC for ages for this exact reason.

Plus I'm not gonna lie, I have a wussy left thumb apparently. The ds4 pad just shreds it after a while.

I switched to R1 after a while, it just felt better. It made fatal blows more difficult though, so I swapped L1 and L2 as well.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I actually had to take the little spring things out of my PS4 pad the other week as the R2 was getting stuck, and now it seems like they register the input easier. I still might switch to R1 but I'm dumb as shit and it'll take me forever like I'm transitioning to Hitbox or something.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I swapped to R1 block after practicing wavedashing. Then had to adjust the position of all other shoulder buttons until it suited me lol

R1 Block, R2 Stance Switch, L1 AMP, L2 Throw. I thought i was the only one who found R1 to block better. Those damn triggers suck

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Or you know, you could get a good pad instead of trash dualshock 4.

I use a dualshock 2 where L2/R2 aren't triggers and just regular shoulder buttons. So you don't have to deal with this atrocity in the first place.
Can you just buy an old one and find an adapter somewhere? Also do you lose any good buttons?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Can you just buy an old one and find an adapter somewhere? Also do you lose any good buttons?
Yes just buy a PS2 pad and get a Brooks PS2-PS4 converter. You don't lose any buttons for MK11, but you lose the touchpad for other games, and the microphone/headset input.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I really don’t know why it took this long for all these known players to think of this. They’re acting like it’s some insane revolutionary “find”, yet people been doing this for years now. I refuse to believe none of them knew about this or never thought to try it.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yes just buy a PS2 pad and get a Brooks PS2-PS4 converter. You don't lose any buttons for MK11, but you lose the touchpad for other games, and the microphone/headset input.
Cool. Gonna look in to this when I get my salary. I'll still have my ps4 pad for other games.

E

Eldriken

I tried it but I kept pressing default buttons on instinct and got my ass kicked so I went back lol.
You didn't give it any time to develop muscle memory. =P

I know from experience with this in particular. >.> But I am fucking tired of eating something when I know I pressed block. So I'm gonna get used to R1 being block.