What's new

Secrets in MK11, on Screen hints?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Ok my brother noticed something the other day playing Towers of Time. In between matches and after wins the loading screen has a message while loading. There are many that are very similar if not identical to old MK games that had Unlockable Characters. Secret stuff was unlocked in the old games by meeting specific requirements and how you discovered it was by writing down the hints in game.

We have allready been told by Ed Boon that there is not unlockable characters in the Krypt but they did say there are secrets and maybe secret characters.

In older games these where the on screen hints and clues:

Mortal Kombat came out in late 1992, and the third version of the game featured the mysterious Reptile. Before random fights, the green ninja would pop in-between the kombatants and deliver some kind of clue. Stuff like, another game required throws to beat Shang Tsung but here are the hints
"Throwing Encouraged"
“FATALITY IS THE KEY,”
“BLOCKING WILL GET YOU NOWHERE,” “ALONE IS HOW TO FIND ME,”
“TIP EHT FO MOTTOB,”

and so on. All together, the various messages gave you just enough direction to figure out how to find and fight him. You had to play a match against the computer on the Pit stage with some kind of silhouette flying across the moon. You need to never use block, not get hit in either round, and finish your opponent off with a Fatality. Upon completing that, you would be transported to the bottom of the Pit to fight Reptile.

All of these are in MK11 but the:

“TIP EHT FO MOTTOB,” bottom of the pit written backwards. In 11 there was a message I didn't quite catch in time and was a sentence that didn't make sense. This one was just like that one but said something else.
I believe there is Secrets to unlock, who knows what?
But I need the community to help and figured the best way to figure it out is to call upon TYM. Does anyone have a screenshot of these messages? If not then start capturing them and post them here. If anyone finds anything please share here and we can work together to find all the secrets.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
That's right, I'm wondering if something is by the pit somewhere by the moon.

One read “Ermac does not exist” but it was scrambled like you say. My first thought was cream lol. You can’t have Ermac without cream.
Yeah that's good, maybe something by ermacs body when you get the amulet off his chest. Maybe a fight against, Reptile, Ermac or Cyrax/Sektor?

One read “Ermac does not exist” but it was scrambled like you say. My first thought was cream lol. You can’t have Ermac without cream.
One difference though scrambled it says Ceamr odse nto exists so there is an extra s on the end. That has to mean something

Ahh yeah I only saw a glimpse of it.

“Ermacs don’t existeo” it’s Spanish.
Hmm that's interesting. I've never seen it just going off of other sights along with this one. How often does it happen? I wonder if they will add another clue like each month, are your servers down?

mook

Noob
Hmm that's interesting. I've never seen it just going off of other sights along with this one. How often does it happen? I wonder if they will add another clue like each month, are your servers down?
It‘s been there since the game came out, and there was a tiny update for PS4. Like 300mbs small.

People said it might have been to stop the exploits but idk for sure.

mook

Noob
So have you only seen it once? And I may be reading way into this but check out the number of letters
No I‘ve seen it more than once. Idk what your getting with the letters and numbers lol

Apparently the Ninjas that drop in the Pit can drop on a spike near the middle instead of the one that‘s down near the Heart Chest. Idk if that‘s new, I‘ve never seen them drop there in my game.

Last edited:

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
So have you only seen it once? And I may be reading way into this but check out the number of letters
honey I think you're looking way too much into it. "Ermac doesnt exist" is a MK2 reference. Yes there's an extra S but it's probably a typo

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I have only seen it once lol. I don’t pay attention on that screen usually, I just caught quick glimpse during the loading screen and “useful tip” messages.

I am new here and I might be fanning the flames but...

I too saw all of these messages. I was intrigued so I spent some time wandering around in the krypt. I went to the lower pit and had a look up at where the moon was shining over the top. I noticed that at a certain point about halfway along a shaft of light seemed to appear through the solid wall. I thought at first it was a graphics glitch, but when the light was strongest I noticed that the light was shining on the opposite wall.
Turning around I noticed that there are blood streams up against the wall. Looking at them from certain angles they look like writing. They don’t seem all that random to me. I looked from the top to of the pit to see if there was any luck and I have come to the conclusion that I need to access a certain area that I don’t have access to, to see any writing.
Also when you put on the blind fold for a while and turn the tv up there is a voice. It’s hard to make out but I am sure I heard it say. “Come find me” “I am here” and “I’m not dead”

All this might just be my imagination but it gave me a break from the towers of time.
Shazz

I hope patches add secrets over time. Smoke and Jade in MK2 were not added until version 2.1. That would a be a way to slow down the progress of data miners.

But apparently they were fine with letting all of the DLC characters leak, so they probably are not doing that idea. A big aspect of Mortal Kombat for me has always been the secrets and trying to do crazy things to trigger special fights. This game is so close to getting it right that I hope there are still a few things left.

I hope patches add secrets over time. Smoke and Jade in MK2 were not added until version 2.1. That would a be a way to slow down the progress of data miners.
Also wouldn’t surprise me if they put a load of rubbish in to throw people off the scent. If memory serves me well they put loads of random blank character names in the original mk2 and 3 pc versions for exactly this purpose. It’s not out of the realms of possibility. I also think that the secrets will be deep and hard to get as has been the way of the best mk secrets.