What's new

*TOURNEY SEASON 3 - TEAM BATTLES* TYM League (PSN)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
You absolutely CAN play early, if you and @DDustiNN want to go ahead and knock it out. You have until the END of Thursday to play since you're already Round 2. I did that to balance the schedule as well as I could and make sure no one missed out. Pretty flexible that way.

I doublechecked it and it looks right to me? Don't work so hard to try and become a lower seed. Lol ;)
Hey you guys said to report discrepancies, lol.

But I guess I’m just not seeing it. Week 1 tab says 6 matches won, week 2 tab says 5 matches won, yet rankings tab says 13 matches won... but 5+6=11, not 13. Then add the 2 set wins, making it 13 points total, not 15. Right?

Where do the extra points come from? What am I missing here? Lol. Am I not understanding the points system correctly?

I’ll leave the rest to you!
I see what you're doing @DDustiNN

Tryna dodge? :p
I’m just trying to be fair, lol. I know I won’t make it no matter who I face :D

When do you wanna play??

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Whole idea was to get under a mentor really and the only way to do that organizationally with the site community was with the league. I'm not at the point where I want to be competing and getting bopped at this level.
I get where you're coming from. If you view it as just losing, of course it can be frustrating. I felt that way against @SaltShaker's Cetrion, where I felt I couldn't do anything and by the 3rd game, I was just like, "Fuck it, just beat me." But that mindset came not from frustration from being beaten, but rather from myself since it showed me that I don't know the matchup that well. Well, that and Cetrion is a bad matchup for both Cassie and Johnny.

Losses should be viewed as a learning opportunity, though. The game's just starting out, so if you wanna jump back in with us, we'll still be here.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I get where you're coming from. If you view it as just losing, of course it can be frustrating. I felt that way against @SaltShaker's Cetrion, where I felt I couldn't do anything and by the 3rd game, I was just like, "Fuck it, just beat me." But that mindset came not from frustration from being beaten, but rather from myself since it showed me that I don't know the matchup that well. Well, that and Cetrion is a bad matchup for both Cassie and Johnny.

Losses should be viewed as a learning opportunity, though. The game's just starting out, so if you wanna jump back in with us, we'll still be here.
You have to understand why/how you're losing in order for it to be educational though and a competitive environment doesn't lend itself to that.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Hey you guys said to report discrepancies, lol.

But I guess I’m just not seeing it. Week 1 tab says 6 matches won, week 2 tab says 5 matches won, yet rankings tab says 13 matches won... but 5+6=11, not 13. Then add the 2 set wins, making it 13 points total, not 15. Right?

Where do the extra points come from? What am I missing here? Lol. Am I not understanding the points system correctly?

I’ll leave the rest to you!

I’m just trying to be fair, lol. I know I won’t make it no matter who I face :D

When do you wanna play??
Even with dropping you from 15 to 13 points, you're still in the same seeding. So the points were wrong (and now correct) but you're still playing @STB Sgt Reed first.

xKMMx

Banned
Yup, thanks.
Bro why? I've been bodied in all but a couple of my matches and the ones I didn't get bodied in I only took one game out of three.
But because of the higher level competition causing me to think more and play differently my skill and success against the typical online KL player has increased a ton. I win 8 of 10 KL or ranked sets now as opposed to being pretty much 50/50 before. Simply from playing in this league and applying the lessons learned.
If your goal is to improve and stretch your abilities.... you have nothing to lose by playing in this league.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Wait... How does the timing work for the losers rounds? When do those get played? I’m looking at the schedule and the brackets, trying to make it all make sense. I never really followed a full tournament before.