What's new

Searing Rage Version 1.0 BnB Kombos

Ok now that I have the day 1 updates and have spent more time getting into the rhythm of this game, I'm starting to see what Scorpion is all about. There's more of him in there that I initially thought. He seems solid, even if he doesn't have the ridiculous combos from X that I loved doing.

Last edited:
Thing with Searing Rage is that it limits your tele mindgame. That tele cancel is pretty good. Guess they thought he'd be fine if they make him a guessing machine with one incredibly hard to confirm safe string, lol.
I don't like being in a position where I have to make the other dude guess wrong a lot and if he guesses right I'm fucking dead.

One good thing though is that Scorpion has an option to keep people grounded and thus prohibit the opponent from falling out of combos.

Anyways, thank you and good work.

the only good thing that came with the preset variation and the searing rage ability buffs is the damage. I can get 407 1 bar because of it and scorpion didn't have nearly that kind of damage in the beta outside of krushing blows. (with spear buff) f.3,2 ex.tp f.3 f.3,2 death spin

Thing with Searing Rage is that it limits your tele mindgame. That tele cancel is pretty good. Guess they thought he'd be fine if they make him a guessing machine with one incredibly hard to confirm safe string, lol.
Yeah Tele cancels seem tricky and fun, except they take your entire defensive meter which means you don't get to do them often and give up a lot of other stuff in the process.

Has anyone figured out how to get the 212 Krushing blow where you need 6 or 8 hits in the combo? If I use EX Spear it resets the combo count and if I use EX Teleport, the 212 whiffs afterwards, so I can't get the count that high with that string in it.

Has anyone figured out how to get the 212 Krushing blow where you need 6 or 8 hits in the combo? If I use EX Spear it resets the combo count and if I use EX Teleport, the 212 whiffs afterwards, so I can't get the count that high with that string in it.
ex spear should not be resetting your combo count. it still works for me. try something simple like 21 ex spear 21 ex spear 212 in practice

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He actually has very good BnB’s that you didn’t show.

— [2 bars + burning spear: 45%]
ji2, f32 xx amp TP, f32 xx amp Spear, f23 xx Death Spin

— [1 bar + burning spear: 40%]
ji2, f32 xx amp TP, f32 xx Death Spin

Can’t remember the rest off the top of my head. F32 does more than standing 4 when you have the burning spear buff.

Also he has a 55% 1 bar fatal blow combo. It’s the same as the 2nd one I listed above but instead of canceling into death spin you cancel into the fatal blow

Considering how easy it is to pull these off, I think his damage in this variation is just fine. His biggest issue is neutral right now. You can’t really just go in and do stuff you have to play reactionary and footsies. Which isn’t necessarily a problem but without Misery Blade he has very limited mixups and is super unsafe.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah Tele cancels seem tricky and fun, except they take your entire defensive meter which means you don't get to do them often and give up a lot of other stuff in the process.
The teleport cancels only cost 1 defensive meter now. And I believe you recover faster than you did in the beta.

ex spear should not be resetting your combo count. it still works for me. try something simple like 21 ex spear 21 ex spear 212 in practice
OK, maybe I'm just pausing too long after the spear hits or something. I'll try it out more tonight. Thanks for the info.

The teleport cancels only cost 1 defensive meter now. And I believe you recover faster than you did in the beta.
Hm maybe that’s a day1 patch balance update thing that they haven’t pushed to PC yet which is what I’m playing on lol RIP NRS PC players I guess.

Updated the video in the OP with the day1 balance update and a much wider array of kombos. Scorpion is maybe alright actually.

Updated the video in the OP with the day1 balance update and a much wider array of kombos. Scorpion is maybe alright actually.
Oh I did not think about comboing after spear KB, nice!
And in the practice room I see that you do not even need to be too far away from the opponent. Maybe there are situations where the spear can be used lol. But for whiff punish or projectile war I still rather use the teleport.

Btw you can add a bit more damage if you do BF1 KB, FJ2, 4xxDB3 AMP (instead of F32). :)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I don't like being in a position where I have to make the other dude guess wrong a lot and if he guesses right I'm fucking dead.

One good thing though is that Scorpion has an option to keep people grounded and thus prohibit the opponent from falling out of combos.

Anyways, thank you and good work.
B14 gives a ton of time to hit confirm. I would suggest practicing it in training with random block on.

I dont use this personally but nrs games have a trick to cancel out special inputs. B14xx teleport. If you dont get the hit you can tap a direction and the move will not come out. If you don't get the confirm you do need to end the string with 3.

Scoot Magee

the only good thing that came with the preset variation and the searing rage ability buffs is the damage. I can get 407 1 bar because of it and scorpion didn't have nearly that kind of damage in the beta outside of krushing blows. (with spear buff) f.3,2 ex.tp f.3 f.3,2 death spin
I disagree. F32 works surprisingly well with conditioning from f3 grab and etc. Death spin is also great for stealing turns away after d1 and etc.

B14 gives a ton of time to hit confirm. I would suggest practicing it in training with random block on.

I dont use this personally but nrs games have a trick to cancel out special inputs. B14xx teleport. If you dont get the hit you can tap a direction and the move will not come out. If you don't get the confirm you do need to end the string with 3.
Been awhile since I went competitive with NRS. Remind me, the direction tap is left closer to the end of the actual string for it to work right? Then you can still just hit 3. Like a quasi-option select?

Scoot Magee

Been awhile since I went competitive with NRS. Remind me, the direction tap is left closer to the end of the actual string for it to work right? Then you can still just hit 3. Like a quasi-option select?
I dont think it's an option select but there may be some specific timing to make that true. I just know that inputting any direction after the move input will cancel out the move.

I disagree. F32 works surprisingly well with conditioning from f3 grab and etc. Death spin is also great for stealing turns away after d1 and etc.
yeah i figured this out after a bit more time with the game because people love to d1. also f32 conditioning is not as good as it sounds. f32 is very punishable. f3 staggers on block can be stuffed if you're not careful.