Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Erron black

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
lol, can't believe people are in here saying Cassie is scrubier than Erron or Scorpion. We have two sentient flow charts and a character that actually needs to be played by a human making decisions, and we're saying which one is worse? :coffee:

Some high level "distract & deflect" strategies being employed here.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Anyone that doesn't fit the description of the "honest game with no insane combo damage or advancing mid launchers" we were promised.
I'll nominate Scorpion for the top of the dumb for now.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Scorpion is of course the poster child (and Sub-Zero) for MK and that is fine. He is predictable though so with the right character you are skilled at you can keep him off balance. especially in this KL. But on a brighter note, I did see a lot of off the wall characters last night that were not the alleged top tiers posted here.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
Also how is Kung Lao not on this list lmao.

I cannot count how many online KL's ive played that run the exact same flowchart BS!!!

First turn : Jump back dive kick (ex on hit / on block shit your pants cause your eating a full combo.

Next turn: jump back tele into the grab thing; ( think your the shit on hit/ think its a glitch when you eat a KB combo because the opponent nuetral ducked and D2'd you.)

Next turn: DO a string into meter burn spin and if its doesnt hit jump back meter burn dive kick ( on hit get ready to do it again on the opponents wake up / on block get blown up and say screw it Im grabbing the rest of the match)

Lmao
If youre getting frauded by kung lao with those tactics listed then idk what to tell ya

Gaxkang

Banned
I think its funny how at least scorpion and cassie are being defended, but nobody is defending Geras.

Good. Fuck that POS character. I hope he gets nerfed into the ground.
He's a poster boy for sure. But a fearful thing is whether NRS will truly make some big changes or not. :eek:

The obvious problems with some characters are just symptoms of a larger problem with the game itself IMO. It's an unbalanced on the rails pseudo-fighter that also has obstacle course elements (the zoning). And the poke game, which occupies perhaps 80-90% of any close fighting, is obnoxiously made.
Whole game needs an overhaul. The seeds of something real good can be there tho...but overhaul needed.

And anyways in this sorta game, NRS type game, ya got teleports, comboing off teleports, freeze moves, unreactable fast moves across the screen, fast projectiles, comboing off projectile, instant hitting moves, full screen (instant even) moves, etc.

Last edited:
I really like how NRS handled Sub Zero. Ice Clone was a really iconic move. It must have felt like some blasphemy at first to take it away. But they made the tough decision to remove something about the character because it just was not compatible with the heavy neutral focused footsie game they were going for.

...then there's Scorpion, who somehow was 100% exempt from this consideration
The only reason why I still play this game is because they got rid of that god damn ice clone. What a stupid, ridiculous, and obnoxious playstyle that was. For two games we had to put up with that cowardly shit. Great job, NRS!
The only thing that's wrong with Scorpion are his teleports. The neutral game means nothing when Scrub Zero players won't even attempt to use combos. They'll just keep you standing while they abuse their 50/50s, then the occasional grab. It feels like I'm playing Facebreaker against him. All guessing and no skill.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Also how is Kung Lao not on this list lmao.

I cannot count how many online KL's ive played that run the exact same flowchart BS!!!

First turn : Jump back dive kick (ex on hit / on block shit your pants cause your eating a full combo.

Next turn: jump back tele into the grab thing; ( think your the shit on hit/ think its a glitch when you eat a KB combo because the opponent nuetral ducked and D2'd you.)

Next turn: DO a string into meter burn spin and if its doesnt hit jump back meter burn dive kick ( on hit get ready to do it again on the opponents wake up / on block get blown up and say screw it Im grabbing the rest of the match)

Lmao
Those are all superpunishable gimmicks and easy to react to, not sure what the problem is here, seems more like complains about someone who plays against a scrubby lao for the first time in ranked lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The only reason why I still play this game is because they got rid of that god damn ice clone. What a stupid, ridiculous, and obnoxious playstyle that was. For two games we had to put up with that cowardly shit. Great job, NRS!
The only thing that's wrong with Scorpion are his teleports. The neutral game means nothing when Scrub Zero players won't even attempt to use combos. They'll just keep you standing while they abuse their 50/50s, then the occasional grab. It feels like I'm playing Facebreaker against him. All guessing and no skill.
Ok nobody is losing to the SZ vortex. It does like no damage per rep and the OH is unsafe, the risk is never worth the reward. Even in DoW, relying ONLY on an unsafe 50/50 will not allow you to beat good players.

Also the Ice Klone was never the problem, it was how it fit in with his move set. In Injustice 2 he had his ice klone and he was nowhere near overpowered. But I guess it’s easier to blame it on the character than accept responsibility for losing