Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Erron black

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cassie is powerful and dangerous with her restands, her pew pews but can be countered. I respect her above Black, Scorp, Geras etc because her level of execution is higher and there's a reasonable amount of skill involved. The other 3 I can't say the same. They're braindead compared to Cassie. KL is also a prime example of this, just look at the % of E.Blacks, Scorpions, Geras etc players used compared to Cassie players.

Sazbak

Noob
Better question. Who is the least scrubby character? Which character do I have to play to challenge myself intellectually?

Better question. Who is the least scrubby character? Which character do I have to play to challenge myself intellectually?
There isn't one i can think of that stands out, people assume low tier means not scrubby not always the case, some low tiers are basic. I just DK in this game it doesn't feel like there's a character with a ton of depth.

Sonya is just a nonsense. She's just broken.
But i don't know.. why Erron players just feels themself soooo mutch, even when they got bodied. In my experience with the game, 80% of raging people that i have played are Errons.

He is a stupid character too, yeah he has 1 timing string, but he's not Yoshi. Chill.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Only people can be scrubby and play a certain character in scrubby ways, characters themselves in the right hands can be great.

Cassie’s low gunshot is not scrubby, it’s a defensive tool and a combo starter. Why is her projectile making you mad over all the other projectiles in the game? Cause it low profiles your projectiles? Lul
I Don't think Cassie is scrubby at all. She is one of the few characters that has to utilize all of her tools to be effective at a high level. Many characters are similar to this imo, at a high level you can't get away with using the same moves but instead need to use the full character to its potential and even their strongest tools need to be used in the right situation.
I believe a character can be played scrubby but not the character itself.

Wigy

There it is...
Wouldn't take anyone a whole day to learn any character in this game XD like 15 min and you're good, but using them really effectively, that's a bit different. I think once you understand the gameplan you still have to learn what's more effective against people.
Man you really need to play other characters.
Cassie has probably got the best zoning tool in the game, and 3 S tier footsie/neutral strings.

Her guns cover so many options in the zoning fight and her strings cover so many options in the neutral- less reads and character knowledge required.

When you play a character like frost who has a option that barely covers one situation with practice you need to know exactly which one of her shitty strings or special to use and what MU they will work in.

I was baffled at watching tweedy play frost. The guy was absolutely clueless. I can only assume he's put time in if he busts her out at top 8.

It's the same with geras. His d1 and f212 sandtrap etc cover a lot of stuff that his gameplan is very linear in most situations

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Man you really need to play other characters.
Cassie has probably got the best zoning tool in the game, and 3 S tier footsie/neutral strings.

Her guns cover so many options in the zoning fight and her strings cover so many options in the neutral- less reads and character knowledge required.

When you play a character like frost who has a option that barely covers one situation with practice you need to know exactly which one of her shitty strings or special to use and what MU they will work in.

I was baffled at watching tweedy play frost. The guy was absolutely clueless. I can only assume he's put time in if he busts her out at top 8.

It's the same with geras. His d1 and f212 sandtrap etc cover a lot of stuff that his gameplan is very linear in most situations
I play Kano and Johnny too

:)

Wigy

There it is...
I play Kano and Johnny too

:)
That was a tiny part of my whole comment.
Some characters tools cover so many options that there is much less work and learning involved.

Very few characters in this game are actually execution heavy. It's just reactions reads and knowing what to use.

And just cause you play them doesn't mean you play them well

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
That was a tiny part of my whole comment.
Some characters tools cover so many options that there is much less work and learning involved.

Very few characters in this game are actually execution heavy. It's just reactions reads and knowing what to use.

And just cause you play them doesn't mean you play them well
I get that, some tools are really strong. Some characters are less strong because of shitty tools and require you to think outside of the box. I don't see anything wrong with both of those options, there are always strong characters in a game, tho some stuff needs to be changed for some of the top tiers in this game for sure.

I like playing Cassie because I just love the character and I enjoy playing her, no matter what tier she's in so she'll always be my main, as she was in MKX. I'm not going to force myself to play a lower tier character just because Cassie is strong as hell. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing Kano or Johny cause it's a different style of play and you really have to rely on what you have, you can't just F4 your way out of a tough situation.

Playing a top tier doesn't give you an automatic win, if the player is more skilled than you, you still have to adapt and try to outplay them and skill is required to be able to do that.

Wigy

There it is...
I get that, some tools are really strong. Some characters are less strong because of shitty tools and require you to think outside of the box. I don't see anything wrong with both of those options, there are always strong characters in a game, tho some stuff needs to be changed for some of the top tiers in this game for sure.

I like playing Cassie because I just love the character and I enjoy playing her, no matter what tier she's in so she'll always be my main, as she was in MKX. I'm not going to force myself to play a lower tier character just because Cassie is strong as hell. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing Kano or Johny cause it's a different style of play and you really have to rely on what you have, you can't just F4 your way out of a tough situation.

Playing a top tier doesn't give you an automatic win, if the player is more skilled than you, you still have to adapt and try to outplay them and skill is required to be able to do that.
I totally agree. All I was saying is due to Cassie's tools being so good and covering many options she's waaaaay easier to learn than most of the cast. The low guns forces the majority of the cast to just walk in and hold chip. There's not really any reads required. Just walk in and hold it. That's her most braindead aspect, alongside removing the huge guessing game of Oki.

It's not as simple as tier lists, some characters are trash and have a really simple gameplan. Like shao khan. Kang is more braindead than any of the s tier minus geras even though he's worse than them.

Everything depends on what you consider a scrubby character. From my pov, a scrubby char is one that doesn't give q fkk about fundamentals, and can just win doing yolo/random stuff. Basically, they can open people up with way less effort than others. That's why imo scorpion and subzero are what I consider scrubby char. This means that a person who doesn't care about neutral, fundamentals, frame data etc will have higher chances of winning with them.

Cassie on the other hard is strong, really strong. After playing a lot of Frost and Jacqui, when I tried Cassie online I felt it was mk11 easy mode, and before her I was playing handicapped. But you need fundamentals to play her, she is basically neutral God tier, not yolo random stuff guess all-day scorp/subzero.

Tough call between geras and scorp. Geras just does so much damage, his buttons are super good and he is incredibly low execution. Hes just tons of reward for little effort lol. Alot of characters cannot AA his stinger splash, he is one of the few chars with a 6f d1 and he has arguably the 2nd best anti zoning move in the game. His combos are just so damned easy to do.....

Yeah i talked myself into voting geras lol

xKMMx

Banned
I have to agree that no character can be inherently scrubby without being played that way by a scrubby player.

SZ has a lot of tools that make it easy for a scrubby player to pick him up online and play as a straight up flowchart asshole.

I by no means think someone playing in a scrubby flowchart way makes it hard to beat especially with SZ. Both of over used options are punishable by my charcter and I know within one round or less when I am playing some flow chart scrub in KL and I adapt and win in most cases unless im playing too safe or scared becasue of the unreactability of the slide and get grabbed a billion times.

I could be overstating this or maybe just have a bad perception of it, but I feel like SZ grab animation is one of the hardest to recognize and his grab seems to go really far lol. Even when I guess right in a situation I think a SZ player will grab, I get grabbed because the quickness of the slide conditions me to always be ready to block low in pressure or even in nuetral.

At the end of the day if I lose to these tactics its on me, its not a reflection of a broken game or character. My point about SZ is that he has some tools that can be exploited for some EZ wins when used correctly so he attracts the typical yolo online scrub that desires only to build a record and will never, ever , ever, ever, put time in to labbing another character that doesn't also have the ability to flowchart their way to victory.

AbeW

Noob
Man, i thought you guys had all your footsie and neutral (footsie footsie neutral neutral) going for ya and everything was gonna be alrite. Now, we have a post like this!!?? about who is the scrubbiest character??

All jokes aside, none of your fundamentals matter in this imbalanced roster and lousy meta. Injustice 3's dying soon i suspect, cos the MKX rooms are filling back up again. God bless MKX, Tekken and DoA, the honest man's games in times like this.

xKMMx

Banned
Also how is Kung Lao not on this list lmao.

I cannot count how many online KL's ive played that run the exact same flowchart BS!!!

First turn : Jump back dive kick (ex on hit / on block shit your pants cause your eating a full combo.

Next turn: jump back tele into the grab thing; ( think your the shit on hit/ think its a glitch when you eat a KB combo because the opponent nuetral ducked and D2'd you.)

Next turn: DO a string into meter burn spin and if its doesnt hit jump back meter burn dive kick ( on hit get ready to do it again on the opponents wake up / on block get blown up and say screw it Im grabbing the rest of the match)

Lmao

xKMMx

Banned
Man, i thought you guys had all your footsie and neutral (footsie footsie neutral neutral) going for ya and everything was gonna be alrite. Now, we have a post like this!!?? about who is the scrubbiest character??

All jokes aside, none of your fundamentals matter in this imbalanced roster and lousy meta. Injustice 3's dying soon i suspect, cos the MKX rooms are filling back up again. God bless MKX, Tekken and DoA, the honest man's games in times like this.
LMao if it weren't for me finding a group of high level players that want to play the game and try to respect the meta I'd be back in the MKX rooms lol.
I have been itching to play Predator again so still might make a visit to MKX this weekend.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
LMao if it weren't for me finding a group of high level players that want to play the game and try to respect the meta I'd be back in the MKX rooms lol.
I have been itching to play Predator again so still might make a visit to MKX this weekend.
OMG don't tempt me, Predator was my boi in MKX. There's the MKX top 8 happening at Viennality right now and it's insane. I miss that game dude D:

xKMMx

Banned
OMG don't tempt me, Predator was my boi in MKX. There's the MKX top 8 happening at Viennality right now and it's insane. I miss that game dude D:
Lol hesw my all time favorite character to play in any fighting game ever. I got so much hate for maining a guest character in MKX but I don't care cause seeing that he was in the game was the only reason I bought it and it got me back into fighting games and made me want to actually learn how they work for the first time ever. Prior to that I was just a masher that played through arcade modes on medium in fighting games.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Honestly, i think this game is scrubby and the more and more i play it the more and more I think it's bad.

• there's too many strings that do too much ie: Geras f+212, Liu f+4, Cassie's mid to overhead string, Erron b+2, Kabal's string with the overhead that for some reason you has the hitbox being egregious. You literally have no point for the rest of the entire moveset because of these strings.
  • Too many special moves which effectively shut down neutral Ie: Scorpions teleport, Cassie's low gun shot, Geras sand trap, Cetrion's boulder,
  • Because of these points there's too much tier-disparity between anyone who isn't a-tier and above because a-tier characters at least got interesting tools while everyone below is basically playing a subpar string/grab game with medicore projectiles and non brain dead abuse able strings.
  • Literally no defensive options in neutral except getting knocked down(which has more defensive options then necessary in a game which is grab string and grab???) which promotes scrubbier play because in mkx/mk9 if you were a fucking idiot getting knocked down, you weren't getting back up again which actually killed bad players very fast
  • Flawless block can get baited really hard into guess what string mix-up into grab so whatever for that
I'm really starting to hate this game.