Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Erron black

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Which character do you guys think is the scrubbiest? It doesn't necessarily mean the best character or even top tier. It just means that one that has the most brain dead/ simplest approach that proves to be very effective. For me its a close battle between Cassie, Sonya, and Scorpion. Derp low shot derp low shot derp low shot derp low shot vs "I juuuss mix you uppp two times for 80% damage!! im sooo guuuuuuud" vs "Look at my foootsiess bruuuuuh.. psyyyyychhh teleport"

Its a tough one for me but Scorpion players really are just the worst...

Please discuss..

xKMMx

Banned
I gotta go with Subzero. I feel like every online SZ starts out with the same string cancelled in to MB slide then they start throwing never ending ice balls till u jump. THen they run up with that overhead thing with the axes. Once you block that its. slide. followed by a run up grab. Followed by a slide - followed by the ice- followed by the OH.
Cracks me up how they all seem to play the same.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Here's the issue with this "scrubby character" idea: I've seen what most people complain about in mashing the most flowcharty shit ever on so many different characters, but I've also seen just about every character utilized at a higher level where they smartly utilized their available tools as needed. I disagree with the idea that any character is inherently "scrubby" because it's really up to how they're utilized by the player, not the character themselves.

If we're talking which character ATTRACTS the most scrubby players, that's going to be Scorpion. Always has been, always will be for this series. He's the poster child of the series so it's a given. Erron Black is a close second contender with his natural ability to be used like a walking flowchart; but again, I've been thrashed on by some amazing Errons who focused on responding to and reading me instead of walking through their flowchart.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I think the term "scrubbiest" kinda undermines your whole post man..there are plenty of kharacters that dont have high execution and are extremely effective. Also, the three kharacters you named are generally viewed as some of the best in the game

Here's the issue with this "scrubby character" idea: I've seen what most people complain about in mashing the most flowcharty shit ever on so many different characters, but I've also seen just about every character utilized at a higher level where they smartly utilized their available tools as needed. I disagree with the idea that any character is inherently "scrubby" because it's really up to how they're utilized by the player, not the character themselves.

If we're talking which character ATTRACTS the most scrubby players, that's going to be Scorpion. Always has been, always will be for this series. He's the poster child of the series so it's a given. Erron Black is a close second contender with his natural ability to be used like a walking flowchart; but again, I've been thrashed on by some amazing Errons who focused on responding to and reading me instead of walking through their flowchart.
This

kcd117

Noob
In one hand we have Scorpion, a character that doesn't need to play MK11's neutral game and keeps everyone from playing it while having ridiculous dmg output and auto-everything buttons.

In the other, we have Geras, a masher's wet dream that will KB you 3 times by accident into the losers bracket just bc you second-guessed if the maniac behind him would D1 after 212 and he yolo sand trapped.

Then we have Erron black, the best of both worlds. The character that doesn't need to deal with a single projectile, he who can spam pokes after pokes after pokes and unless you react with frame perfect conterpokes you'll lose, the one who can 50/50 you from 3/4s of the screen, the one that keeps you from playing the game as soon as he reaches 30% health, the one that knocks you down once and has millions of oki options to keep you guessing to death.

It has to be Erron, free.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Scorpion is more of his community pretending that they actually play neutral. Really a scrubby character though. There's a reason why almost everyone can play a "pocket Scorpion" effectively. #2 for me. Erron gets honorable mention.

Geras is #1 though. He's doing multiple one move buttons into 29-32% KBs, a body splash that with perfect defensive timing you cannot AA, 50/50s that lead to 14% or KB OH, 6F D1 that's so safe you can machine gun it if some MUs aren't frame perfect, terribly designed special moves (low sand trap with KB NRS please), literal half screen mid command grab, literal throw loops, U2 better than half the rosters U2 combined, absurd Fatal Blow, etc.

Could go on forever. I stand by Geras being NRS's most dumb AF non dlc top tier character ever. As broken as Kabal and Quan were, they took skill and a level of character understanding. Geras you just need to understand the game itself enough, and the character does the rest.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

I dont really agree with this because if the most prominent/effective tactic for a character also happens to be the simplest/most straight forward, youre not going to see even the pros stray primarily from the tactic.

For example, just because liu kang has a plethora of other strings appart from f4, pros like sylverrye will still use it 75% of the time when trying to pressure.. Why? because its the most effective option..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think the term "scrubbiest" kinda undermines your whole post man..there are plenty of kharacters that dont have high execution and are extremely effective. Also, the three kharacters you named are generally viewed as some of the best in the game
If you have any other suggestions id be happy to add them. I said it doesnt necessarily have to be top tier but in most cases it most certainly is.

I think if someone new was to pick up the game that baraka has those fundamentals and high damage easy combos to help you get started but by no means scrubby. One move characters imo there are none. All though I despise Jackie really grinds my gears but my own fault

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I dont really agree with this because if the most prominent/effective tactic for a character also happens to be the simplest/most straight forward, youre not going to see even the pros stray primarily from the tactic.

For example, just because liu kang has a plethora of other strings appart from f4, pros like sylverrye will still use it 75% of the time when trying to pressure.. Why? because its the most effective option..
You're gunna have to explain to me how utilizing the most efficient tools in a character's skill set is "scrubby." That just sounds like playing the character how they're designed which can be simple or can be complicated depending on their style. The efficient shit is MEANT to be used constantly as it's purposely designed as the core of a character's gameplay. With how I interpret your current argument, I feel you'd be mad no matter which character you're going against if they "spammed" their most efficient options. Are you expecting players to use their unsafe, less efficient options out of some sense of self-imposed "honor"? Please explain to me your reasoning here.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Only people can be scrubby and play a certain character in scrubby ways, characters themselves in the right hands can be great.

Cassie’s low gunshot is not scrubby, it’s a defensive tool and a combo starter. Why is her projectile making you mad over all the other projectiles in the game? Cause it low profiles your projectiles? Lul

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You're gunna have to explain to me how utilizing the most efficient tools in a character's skill set is "scrubby." That just sounds like playing the character how they're designed which can be simple or can be complicated depending on their style. The efficient shit is MEANT to be used constantly as it's purposely designed as the core of a character's gameplay. With how I interpret your current argument, I feel you'd be mad no matter which character you're going against if they "spammed" their most efficient options. Are you expecting players to use their unsafe, less efficient options out of some sense of self-imposed "honor"? Please explain to me your reasoning here.
I think youre still missing the point. There are characters that in order to maximize their potential, you must use a much wider array of their toolset. For example you have Noob saibot players who dont have a "one tool for all situation" move and have to mix in b1s, 113, 212, f212 staggers, and dont heavily rely on one or two tools that have devastatingly effective results.

Idk how you can deny that there are characters who are easier to use and can be very effective at what they do..

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Idk how you can deny that there are characters who are easier to use and can be very effective at what they do..
I.. I'm not. I literally said "That just sounds like playing the character how they're designed which can be simple or can be complicated depending on their style." What I AM arguing is that this doesn't make a character "scrubby," but just "simple." Every fighting game has characters that are simple and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, I'll end it here cause this thread is clearly not for me and I'm just arguing a point that those attracted to these sorts of threads would never agree with. Yall enjoy.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Because an overly powerful easy to use one size fits all tool is, well scrubby. It is considered "scrubby" not because of simplicity or usage, but because of simplicity+power. I'll give you two examples of two very strong characters.

Mean Streak Kabal- his best tool is the cancels, which all the players use often every match. They take lots of time to master the +frame advantages, and can be abused in certain MUs. Full meterless combos off of deadly cancel frame traps. Most players using this variation are met with respect for the level they reached with the character, regardless of how many times they cancel in matches or overuse it. No one has a "pocket Kabal" for this reason.

52 Kard Pickup Erron- he has two strings with multiple OHs in them, that he can make safe with Scud, and can do slide giving you a 25% chance of guessing right each time you block. Always at disadvantage. To make it worse, one string of his negates nearly all of your WU options, so he can just do it on WU and have 75-80% odds of hitting you. If you dare guess wrong, which you will, he can full combo you for over 30%, meterless, and then press your WU with the same one string since it beats so many WU options. This is very, very scrubby, and very effective, regardless the level of the player.

One of these is not like the other. Yea you can play Erron "how he's designed", but don't expect to get the same level of respect as someone using Mean Streak Kabal. Both are very strong, but one is clearly an easier more scrub appealing version of gameplay than the other.

Scorpion without a doubt.

I've still only played TWO legit Scorpion players that actually have strategy and footsies behind them who don't just unga bunga and win because Teleport destroys neutral and f3 is +whatever it is. I just played a Ranked set against a Scorpion where, as KOTAL, had to adapt and figure out how this guy was playing. I figured out his patterns, started counter poking his d1 mashing and what happens? He wins the set because throw doesn't come out and he his dumb f3.

Now would he have had to put that much effort into it? No, because he plays Scorpion. Credit where credit is due, his execution was on point and he was mixing up pretty well when up close, even catching me with a standing 2 after Spear to "reset" me, but I still feel robbed.

I gotta go with Subzero. I feel like every online SZ starts out with the same string cancelled in to MB slide then they start throwing never ending ice balls till u jump. THen they run up with that overhead thing with the axes. Once you block that its. slide. followed by a run up grab. Followed by a slide - followed by the ice- followed by the OH.
Cracks me up how they all seem to play the same.
Flowchart Subz lmao

In one hand we have Scorpion, a character that doesn't need to play MK11's neutral game and keeps everyone from playing it while having ridiculous dmg output and auto-everything buttons.

In the other, we have Geras, a masher's wet dream that will KB you 3 times by accident into the losers bracket just bc you second-guessed if the maniac behind him would D1 after 212 and he yolo sand trapped.

Then we have Erron black, the best of both worlds. The character that doesn't need to deal with a single projectile, he who can spam pokes after pokes after pokes and unless you react with frame perfect conterpokes you'll lose, the one who can 50/50 you from 3/4s of the screen, the one that keeps you from playing the game as soon as he reaches 30% health, the one that knocks you down once and has millions of oki options to keep you guessing to death.

It has to be Erron, free.
Truth. I hate the phrase “frauded out” but god damn Erron lives by that life. He seems mostly ok offline but I feel like he’s a really dumb character online. It’s impossible to move when he’s at low HP, everything he does is safe, he has lots of mix from all ranges, good mids, DoT and can get a lot of free damage with scud shots instant projectile BS.

Fuck 3 bar WiFi Erron Blacks man :/

Last edited: