What's new

Question - Royal Storm Scrub problems -Kitana style

MK_Al

Noob
I'm not qualified to speak on tiers
It's pointless anyway. At the end of the day you need mu knowledge to beat a character; tier discussions are only opium for the ego. Also I think @Tweedy would agree with me that most chars are somewhere close to A tier, meaning that the overall balance is quite ok. And the majority of players is not on the level where tiers matter anyway.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
How the hell do I fight reptile? Can only reflect on a read for the most part as far as acid spit is concerned and even if I do react and reflect it, so what, can't trade fans with force ball, his slide and pounce do big work, the oh swipe is stupid, I just don't really know what to do fighting this character. What's punishable even? Only thing I can reliably beat is the string with his tongue and that low little back kick that they always cancel into forceball, I can beat the forceball with a low poke and I think b3, but damn. I'm lost in this match up.

Is it me or is reptile really good?

@xKhaoTik ?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
How the hell do I fight reptile? Can only reflect on a read for the most part as far as acid spit is concerned and even if I do react and reflect it, so what, can't trade fans with force ball, his slide and pounce do big work, the oh swipe is stupid, I just don't really know what to do fighting this character. What's punishable even? Only thing I can reliably beat is the string with his tongue and that low little back kick that they always cancel into forceball, I can beat the forceball with a low poke and I think b3, but damn. I'm lost in this match up.

Is it me or is reptile really good?

@xKhaoTik ?
It's you and also reptile is really good

I wouldn't really zone him. I would use fans to bait his slide or pounce, but not zone. If he doesn't have meter, you can zone a bit but you still have to bait a slide and punish or bait a pounce.

Forceballs are kinda a joke in this MU tbh. High level reptiles don't really use it against her unless it's in a combo or something. Trying to trade with forceball is dumb. She'll just reflect, jump and punish, ex ass, etc. Spit is a concern tho and he wins the trade.

Reptile isn't too much of a threat upclose anymore since he got nerfed. He's still good upclose because of his staggers and his fucking stupid 50/50s (seriously...a plus on block unreactable OH and a safe low. NRS why?), as well as decent frame traps.

It's more a life lead based MU. I wouldn't say Kitana won but I wouldn't say reptile won either. Both can compete with each other very well and counter each other. All comes down to he plays better IMO

@THTB thoughts ?

Cashual

I totally agree i am being outplayed. I just feel like his mixup game is so strong and I'm lost when it comes to punishing anything he does up close. Best I've come up with is to block the b1d4 and shoot the gap before the forceball comes out. The oh swipe is just so hard to deal with for me. If you're midrange or closer and you're negative do you just block standing until you see the b1d4? Kind of like with scorpion you just accept you might get caught with some raw slides and chalk it up?

When do you hit buttons against reptile? It's so hard for me to discern when it's my turn. You poke with d3 a lot? And if so, what do you like to follow up with?

I feel like for a character that has such strong mixup tools, his armor and full screen tools as well as mobility just make him a nightmare for me personally. I just have no idea what range I want to play at.

Do you happen to have any or know of any high level kitana vs reptile footage @xKhaoTik ?

I also tagged you in another post so sorry disregard.

Have you tried using Assassin Kitana against reptile? The counter alone would be a message saying "stop abusing your bs 50/50's mang." Of course his lows will still beat the counter, but it will stop the stupid overhead and frame traps.

Cashual

Have you tried using Assassin Kitana against reptile? The counter alone would be a message saying "stop abusing your bs 50/50's mang." Of course his lows will still beat the counter, but it will stop the stupid overhead and frame traps.

That's a great thought I will try that. Thanks for being cool man

I dont know how good RS does here, she should be doing really good, I particulary play Assassin, and Reptile doesnt represent a threat to her, having 1 bar of meter, can get you in very fast with Impale, 21, f1, f1, b14, d1db2, there are many many tools you can use, I would only zone to get a bar of meter, and if its your turn to defend, parry works wonders vs that yolo overhead.