What's new

Scream KB inconsistent

Sazbak

Noob
What's the reason for this?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/518699801

KB held check is on and I'm doing the exact same thing over and over.
I do an amp scream and I hold down f2 and the amp button at the end to get my KB yet the game randomly decides to register the inputs differently.
If you look at the occasions where the KB succeeds, you can see f2 or f2 R2(amp) in one line.

Why is this not consistent?

Zviko

Noob
Are you sure you are holding the buttons? Because your button log looks weird. When I do this I hold both 2 and the amp button and it only shows 1 input and I get it every time. But your amp button shows as if you are rapidly pressing it, not holding. And if you are not holding 2 it might miss the held check since you are only pressing R2 which means there are gaps and with the held check on it can miss the window, that's why it's inconsistent. And if you are holding R2, maybe the button is broken and it acts like you are pressing it. Button log should only show 1 input if you are really holding it.

Sazbak

Noob
Are you sure you are holding the buttons? Because your button log looks weird. When I do this I hold both 2 and the amp button and it only shows 1 input and I get it every time. But your amp button shows as if you are rapidly pressing it, not holding. And if you are not holding 2 it might miss the held check since you are only pressing R2 which means there are gaps and with the held check on it can miss the window, that's why it's inconsistent. And if you are holding R2, maybe the button is broken and it acts like you are pressing it. Button log should only show 1 input if you are really holding it.
DAMN! THANKS

I am using a ps2 controller with a converter and somehow the turbo functionality was on for my amp button. Nice catch. I probably pressed start + R2 at one point and it turned Turbo on for R2.

Zviko

Noob
How do you input the amplified version? Do you mash amp and then hold it when you see it or you do just 1 input and hold it? Do the 2nd option. This is not the same as any other special. Normally you'd do BF2 and then mash the amp button. With the Scream it's way easier to do BF2amp all in one. It might also explain why you get it only when both 2 and R2 are in the same line.