What's new

SCR Prelude: Results! (The UNSTOPPABLE Tyrant!)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I didn't have time to do this yesterday, and since I was at the event, I couldn't cover this on TYM. I must admit its sad that for the most part, a lot of people missed out on such a great stream, and amazing top 8. Never the less, thank you internet for allowing archives to exist. This was a main event for MKX, and the day ended with MKX Top 8. We should be incredibly happy to have such an amazing game that is loved by a lot of people in the FGC.

With that said. Congrats to Hitbox | Tyrant on an incredible tournament win. He has been unstoppable at our local weeklies, and was not stopping his terror at SCR: Prelude either. Shoutouts to Jason Voorhees for standing in back of Chef during the "Khaotic Armor vs Chef" top 8 match.

And incredible commentary by @Sajm @Rip and Aris this weekend. Besides the pools matches and top 8, be sure to check out the Chef vs Tyrant exhibition. Chef used Tanya, and displayed a potentially amazing playstyle with her. Anyhow, here is the stream archive and top 8 list. Enjoy.

1. Hitbox Tyrant (Jax Heavy Weapons)
2. Tempo Chris G (Kung Jin Bojutsu, Reptile &Goro)
3. EGP Krayzie (D'Vorah Swarm Queen)
4. SE Manic (Cassie Cage Spec Ops)
5. F.Champ (Kung Jin Bojutsu)
5. Khaotic Armor (Jason Voorhees Relentless/Slasher)
7. Folux 182 (Johnny Cage Fisticuffs, Raiden Thunder God)
7. EGP Wonder Chef (Kung Lao Tempest, Kenshi Balanced, Quan Chi Summoner)

SoCalRegionals_Prelude.png

Pools

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/v/5881003

Top 8

Everything is on Youtube now.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I cant remember what variation Chris used for Reptile or Goro.

I mean... it is in the Archive... lol

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I watched top 8 last night archived, and I couldn't believe how good Tyrant's gameplay was. So clean, so fast soooo good. I was blown away. Good shit to everyone at the tourney.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Jax still safe or + on everything he does, only know he is much better, got bigger mid screen combos and scrubbier I love it lol.

lol the way aris keeps namedropping tom brady is hilarious. When Chris G lost in grand finals he said chris g was looking a lot like tom brady now.