What's new

Scorpion's Vortex and MKX

Vortex or to not Vortex

• Total voters

Whitefox

Noob
Scorpion players, how many of you want scorpion to be a vortex character in MKX, or would you rather he be a more traditional character.

I would like to see one of the variations to be a vortex variation, as I find the vortex play style really suits him, and makes him a very enjoyable character to play.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I expect more vortexes after Injustice, anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of the cast had at least 1 variation with some solid 50/50 options for launchers.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I'm hoping Scorpion retains his reckless feel to him in MKX.
If he happens to have a decent 50/50, well then cool beans

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
His Ninjutsu and Hellfire variation suggest he has very strong mixup options, i believe ninjutsu and Hellfire will have vortex options, we already know he can perform standing resets with hellfire and be + frames on hit after a hell ball or demon fire, so i wouldn't be surprised.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I'm not sure. Scorpion was actually one of the more balanced characters in MK9: he had a high risk/high reward, good damage, great AA, amazing set-ups to his vortex game, but doesn't have much for pressure, couldn't really do much of anything far away, and his footsies are nothing to write home about. There's more to list but my point is that for every strength Scorpion had, he also had a weakness.

Basically, I would be okay with Scorpion in whatever way they design him as long as he's balanced. Actually, fuck all of that, I hope he's broken as fuck. I want spear to be +15 on block, cancellable, and EX spear unblockable. I want Scorp vs Scorp grand finals in every tournament until MK dies. ADAPT, SCRUBS.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Theres almost a guarantee that the teleport will create a vortex unless they take away his low starter combos and make him a black adam. I don't think a character can not have overheads either. In all I'd like to see a vortex in one variation but not his whole gameplay

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
from what i've seen he has low and overhead launchers, the question is will he have enough advantage after teleport or anything to make it a vortex.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Scorpion is beast mode in MKX. I can feel it.

His sword based rush down with all those pop up strings is looking vicious.

As said before, his hellfire standing resets as well as his ability to cancel the attack of his teleport punch is going to make him a zoner's nightmare to boot. He has an answer for everything.

And to the dude who wants him to be garbage....stay afraid. I'll call it right this second, he will absolutely be the furthest thing from garbage. You heard it here first.

187x

Noob
I'm not sure. Scorpion was actually one of the more balanced characters in MK9: he had a high risk/high reward, good damage, great AA, amazing set-ups to his vortex game, but doesn't have much for pressure, couldn't really do much of anything far away, and his footsies are nothing to write home about. There's more to list but my point is that for every strength Scorpion had, he also had a weakness.

Basically, I would be okay with Scorpion in whatever way they design him as long as he's balanced. Actually, fuck all of that, I hope he's broken as fuck. I want spear to be +15 on block, cancellable, and EX spear unblockable. I want Scorp vs Scorp grand finals in every tournament until MK dies. ADAPT, SCRUBS.
i support this

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
from what i've seen he has low and overhead launchers, the question is will he have enough advantage after teleport or anything to make it a vortex.
Hell Ball and Demon fire have + frames on hit, on the german trailer it was used for reset, so yes he has.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

His footsies are nothing to write home about
But his leg trip though...

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
yeah ninjutsu scorpion looks ridiculous, nrs always makes hitboxes/hurtboxes weird as fuck so i predict that ninjutsu is gonna be the best variation for scorpion lol.
and about vortex, i don't know what's is in ed boon's and paulo's mind but if it's like injustice's vortex, i won't play mkx seriously.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I think it would be cool if they had an EX spear move where Scoprion throws his spear backwards similar to how raid uses his EX lightning projectile, so he can get his opponents closer to where his position is much quicker. But that would defeat the purpose of "Get over here"

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The problem with Scorpion's vortex in MK9 is that, for the most part, it was pretty much a makeshift gameplan in itself due to wacky design oversights. The chances of all three of Scorpion's proposed archetypes turning out to be non-viable in the long run of the MKX meta are highly unlikely, especially considering the resources NRS has on board now opposed to MK9's development 4/5 years ago.

Now I'm not saying you're not allowed to like 50/50s or vortexes, but it'd be unnecessary to dedicate an entire archetype revolving around them.

FOXSOLID

Noob
I think it would be cool if they had an EX spear move where Scoprion throws his spear backwards similar to how raid uses his EX lightning projectile, so he can get his opponents closer to where his position is much quicker. But that would defeat the purpose of "Get over here"
It looks goofy in my head.

Whitefox

Noob
I like Vortexes, but Injustice just has to many of them, and almost all of them seem safe.

If MKX only lets one character have a vortex, I would prefer scorpion to have it.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
But his leg trip though...
Yeah, takedown is good but his footsies pretty much amount to D4, takedown, and F3. Throw B2, F4, and 2-2+1 out if you want to go yolo mode. If only 2-2+1 was more safe on block and didn't have such terrible whiff recovery. I still throw it out in the neutral games sometimes because it's lolScorpion.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yeah, takedown is good but his footsies pretty much amount to D4, takedown, and F3. Throw B2, F4, and 2-2+1 out if you want to go yolo mode. If only 2-2+1 was more safe on block and didn't have such terrible whiff recovery. I still throw it out in the neutral games sometimes because it's lolScorpion.
Yeah, I wish they had that move in the earlier games of MK but I guess the animation would be pretty funny looking with the actors.