What's new

Strategy Scorpion's Trait Discussion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Scorpion's Trait acts very similarly to Soloman Grundy's Grave rot special with a few significant differences.

Similarities:
It does unblockable damage for the duration of his trait.
Does added damage both on block strings as well as during combos.

Differences:
Is a physical attack that can be used to extent combos...for example: 11 (4) 112 spear. or b1 (4) f22 spear. This can be used a a hit-confirm to extend combo damage as well as making 50/50 safe. For example: b1(low) into trait 112 apear is much easier to hit-confirm than going straight for f1 spear.
On block it is -4 making it safe and a mixup.
It also does more damage than Grundy's grave rot.

Unanswered questions:
Does it go away when hit? (I'm guessing not or it would be stupid)
Slips I cant wait to see you use him. Is there anything else we should know about his trait?
Are there other questions anyone can think of that need testing?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
To Reiterate, I think we need to look at ways to use his trait to end his vortexes...especially after hitconfirming an ex spear (it would be the only way to leave them standing and do damage.)

zaf

professor
You can combo into trait and be at huge ± frames for free pressure. Not sure if you can dash out. Havent tested

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
since this thread hasn't had much updates since after scorps release heres a info dump on trait just for people wanting to learn character/learn matchup.
nothing new for the current scorpion players besides how to link b2,b3,f3 after trait on hit, never seen anyone mention it before

*main two uses: combo extension and restand tool (from air juggles, stage bounces and corner juggles) to take away wakeups

* midscreen 11~trait, 2~trait, b1~trait all combo. (b1~trait can be interrupted on block)
3~trait is a bit odd, the only way it works on full cast is in the corner but there are stance change combos where it will work on certain characters midscreen (wont work female chars)
112~trait in the corner doesnt work on a few select characters,a example lobo (will update rest when find my notebook)

*on trait hitting 1, 2, 3, f2, b1 all combo link (d1,df1,d3,d3 do also) instant j2 can be done on the large characters (gruny, lex, bane)
off certain height juggles b2,b3 an even f3 can be combo linked

*if the main 1st burst misses the trait have 5 ticks of damage that comes from the flames, these can effect armour but its not a advised gameplan to try use trait like that.
the hitbox of the 1st burst of flames is very large so if your feeling swaggy as fuck it has some form of use as a ghetto AA.

*1st main burst can be parried. :confused:

*when your opponent is on the party pixel(magic pixel), turn on trait, telepunch and theres nothing your opponent can really do but take the loss, its funny

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@Dark Kent @SonicFox5000

before i found a trait "otg" reset that i thought stopped wakeups and gave a free trait combo but turned out didnt work against a real person and was just a training mode bug ;(

never knew it could make trait go from -4 to plus frames but i have a question if you could answer me about the frame advantage from what u shown in video.
you say you can get a free 50/50 from the frame advantage you get,
from what i can find so far in testing is that i cant even get enough frame advantage to get a b1 (16 frame) so its not looking great for the 25 frame b2. in the video you can even see flash come out of the block stun before the b2 connects.
seems like its around +9 when you get max advantage(which doesnt seem to be every time) so only 50/50 situation you can get from that is df1 or ij1.

ps.i know the mb telepunch restand at start was just for swag more than anything else but just so its known, scorpion is at minus frames if you restand with 1st hit of mb telepunch.

ps2.know you said you dont like posting tech cause u feel people rip into u, know that im not doing that now, just asking questions :)
im just happy someone posting in this sub forum not with something bad to say lol

SonicFox5000

The Best.
@Dark Kent @SonicFox5000

before i found a trait "otg" reset that i thought stopped wakeups and gave a free trait combo but turned out didnt work against a real person and was just a training mode bug ;(

never knew it could make trait go from -4 to plus frames but i have a question if you could answer me about the frame advantage from what u shown in video.
you say you can get a free 50/50 from the frame advantage you get,
from what i can find so far in testing is that i cant even get enough frame advantage to get a b1 (16 frame) so its not looking great for the 25 frame b2. in the video you can even see flash come out of the block stun before the b2 connects.
seems like its around +9 when you get max advantage(which doesnt seem to be every time) so only 50/50 situation you can get from that is df1 or ij1.

ps.i know the mb telepunch restand at start was just for swag more than anything else but just so its known, scorpion is at minus frames if you restand with 1st hit of mb telepunch.

ps2.know you said you dont like posting tech cause u feel people rip into u, know that im not doing that now, just asking questions :)
im just happy someone posting in this sub forum not with something bad to say lol
If you do it at the max point, your are +10. The restand is pointless and is just for swag lol