What's new

Video/Tutorial Scorpion's 55% Stance-Specific Combo - Connecting his Trait off of Heavy Attack at Midscreen

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My Shirai Ryu warriors, let us gather here today to discuss something that might turn out fruitful for Scorpion players.

(Note: If this is already known, I'm sorry in advance. I did look through the sub-forum and found no threads that highlight the current topic, but you're free to link me to any related posts.)

I did some testing last night, and the night before that, and came across what appears to be a stance-specific combo for Scorpion that can be done midscreen. This is that combo.

I explain it through annotations in the video, but I'll go into detail here, anyway. *shrugs*

If Scorpion's back is facing towards you, he can actually connect his trait off of a Heavy attack (3). This leads to opportunities for extensive damage in the combo that you can follow up with, as outlined in the video. However, if Scorpion is turned towards you, the Heavy attack will send the opponent stumbling too far away from you for the trait to connect. You can do this off a neutral or diagonal jump attack starter, regardless of what side you're facing your opponent from.

Now, I did discover an exception to this...for instance, when facing Sinestro from the right, Scorpion will need to be turned towards you in order to ensure that his trait will connect off a Heavy attack. From the left, Scorpion's stance will need to be reversed. This stands to reason that there are other characters included in this exception...I will conduct further testing tonight and compile a list of those characters.

To change your character's stance, simply press the L2 button (translated to LT if you play on Xbox 360). Remember: for this combo to work, Scorpion's back must be turned towards you.

List of characters Scorpion's stance switch combo works on:

Aquaman
Ares
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Doomsday
The Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
The Joker
Lex Luthor
Lobo
Martian Manhunter
Nightwing
Scorpion
Shazam
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Zod

List of characters Scorpion's stance switch combo does not work on:

Batgirl
Catwoman
Killer Frost
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
Raven
Wonder Woman
Zatanna

So to summarize, this stance-specific combo will work against all male characters, but not the female characters. I also realize that this may not be quite practical. After all, if you want to start your combo off with the trait, you can always just do 1 1 4 or b1 4 at midscreen, in spite of what stance you're set to. And in the corner, the Heavy attack can link into the trait, again disregarding what stance you're in.

But, hey. What harm is there in doing a little experimentation, right?

Enjoy and leave feedback.

Perdition GGA Slips 1man3letters Bildslash Jaku2011 Gurimmjaw

Last edited:

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
4 bars for 55% doesn't seem optimal but it will be necessary to close out a match if you don't want to rely on the vortex. Really cool find, and it helps that we know that it works against all male characters so we wouldn't need to fully research the characters that it doesn't work on.

Good find.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
4 bars for 55% doesn't seem optimal but it will be necessary to close out a match if you don't want to rely on the vortex. Really cool find, and it helps that we know that it works against all male characters so we wouldn't need to fully research the characters that it doesn't work on.

Good find.
Of course four bars for 55% does not scream optimal. The point of my thread wasn't the 55% combo, I just did it for style points. Swag combos are my profession. :D

The focus was being able to link Scorpion's Heavy attack into the trait. As I outline in the ending parts of the post, you can do 1 1 4 or b1 4 instead to get a trait combo...and in place of what you saw me follow up with after the 3-trait starter in the video, you can perform combos that cost no meter or only one bar, such as 1 1 3 Teleport Punch or f2 2 u3 Teleport Punch.

Thanks for your comment. :)

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
u know what? i found this out but never figured out how i got it to work.. like sometimes the 3 trait would work and sometimes it wouldnt, just never put the time into it to figure it out. awesome find dude!!!!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
AK GamerBlake dont wanna be a party pooper but yea this is already known Tony t made videos about it near enough release
(still in the sub forum atm and its mentioned in the combo notes section of the combo thread op also ;))
still though this thread doesnt hurt to let more people know who might not of seen it or read it there yet, its a handy trick for a few extra %

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
AK GamerBlake dont wanna be a party pooper but yea this is already known Tony t made videos about it near enough release
(still in the sub forum atm and its mentioned in the combo notes section of the combo thread op also ;))
still though this thread doesnt hurt to let more people know who might not of seen it or read it there yet, its a handy trick for a few extra %
I guess great minds do think alike. ;)