What's new

Scorpion Variation Usage Chart

The teleport cancel just makes scorpion safe, as johnny has alot of slower starting strings.
Searing rage just allows johnny to get his highest damaging punishes, but it is by no means a uphill battle
I understand what you mean.

To be honest Searing Rage is almost as safe as Reborn and not the cancel makes it (except B2, F42, F3-tele) - highest damaging punishes should not be allowed much more.
I agree that Reborn is more safe as he can choose to come out of blocked strings instead of staying close to Johnny (this is in general). And of course if SR goes to DS/tele/F32 on block - and it is in general a potential.

And SR can "counter" slower starting strings as much as Reborn if you meant to teleport - but yes I agree that Reborn "on read" can cancel it and punish while SR needs to commit on read. On reaction it does not matter.

Are you in EU or close to it? I would learn and get Johnny MU exp with good ping any time with friends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

I understand what you mean.

To be honest Searing Rage is almost as safe as Reborn and not the cancel makes it (except B2, F42, F3-tele) - highest damaging punishes should not be allowed much more.
I agree that Reborn is more safe as he can choose to come out of blocked strings instead of staying close to Johnny (this is in general). And of course if SR goes to DS/tele/F32 on block - and it is in general a potential.

And SR can "counter" slower starting strings as much as Reborn if you meant to teleport - but yes I agree that Reborn "on read" can cancel it and punish while SR needs to commit on read. On reaction it does not matter.

Are you in EU or close to it? I would learn and get Johnny MU exp with good ping any time with friends.
No I'm in the US

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Reborn is almost always a very clear better choice. Only a few characters I would say Searing Rage might slightly be better. And that’s vs Characters like Kotal and Sonya who can’t punish a properly spaced out df4 (death spin). Not being able to punish a blocked death spin is huge considering how much space it covers and how much chip it does. Although to be clear, just because they can’t punish it doesn’t mean you can do death spin into death spin. You’re still very negative and it’s 100% their turn.

Also. I totally agree that Liu Kang is great vs Scorpion.
Yea even if I push him out he’s still within low starter range. Can’t use spear from anything closer than damn near full screen either. He’s annoying