What's new

Scorpion Safe Jump

why even bother spending precious energy on trying to adjust to that lag while also struggling to not get frustrated? If i notice any lag i'm just outta there, get 1 loss for it and lose max 50 points but easily re-obtanable with even just half the energy you used in that sweaty lagfest. All while staying sane for a much longer period. I might just be the only one trying to keep it fun for myself it seems tho :p just my 2Cents

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@quantrell oh well that's cool. Yeah mk 9 man those were the days so much fun. Scorp was my 4th main in that game. Imo one of the best interpretations of Scorpion gameplay wise because he had a good mix of everything, wasn't overpowered or underpowered. I hear ya so you're more of a lurker.

It doesn’t help that they are usually the most toxic players online and least fun to play because you know you would wreck these players in an offline environment.

I DEMAND MORE NERFS
That is very true, can't tell you how many times I beat someone with jade or raiden and second match they run to scorpion faster than Speedy Gonzalez's to cheese.

@quantrell oh well that's cool. Yeah mk 9 man those were the days so much fun. Scorp was my 4th main in that game. Imo one of the best interpretations of Scorpion gameplay wise because he had a good mix of everything, wasn't overpowered or underpowered. I hear ya so you're more of a lurker.

That is very true, can't tell you how many times I beat someone with jade or raiden and second match they run to scorpion faster than Speedy Gonzalez's to cheese.
Dude I don’t really mind him, I have great sets with good scorpion players with decent connections.

Its when I carry those habits from fighting in good connections into bad lagtacular Kombat league scorpion connections that gets me smacked.

Not being able to Jail from d1

Not being able to properly dashblock spear/not being able to time the shadow kick punish and getting punished for full combo.

The latency making teleport a nightmare to deal with.

Scorpions in 190-215 ms ping being able to get away with f3 on block into d3(LOL)

MKF30

Dude I don’t really mind him, I have great sets with good scorpion players with decent connections.

Its when I carry those habits from fighting in good connections into bad lagtacular Kombat league scorpion connections that gets me smacked.

Not being able to properly dashblock spear/not being able to time the shadow kick punish and getting punished for full combo.

Scorpions in 190-215 ms ping being able to get away with f3 on block into d3(LOL)
Lol yeah better connections always help. Who do you use against him that you find good? Wait I remember you now, the Johnny cage kid right?

I use jade and raiden mostly so most of the time I'm shit out of luck, I have beaten good scores with raiden but it's not fun and definitely and uphill battle.

I get frustrated sometimes too. Especially when my fame traps get poked out of or I magically get hit after doing 212 like im not +6, but then i remember that it's online and just go meh

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Screw you dude lol (not really but yeah) Look I have no issues with you personally Spider kid but come on now dude, boohoo your boy got a little nerfed, dude try using my character then you'd have a real reason to complain. lol. Games been out nearly a year and still not one viable buff for Raiden lol. Scorps been great since day one and took them 4 months to nerf his teleport. His teleport is nerfed now so we can actually counter him but he still has everything else and still kills the neutral.

Look I like scorp as a character but you'd have to be a scorpion fanboy or either suck bad with him if you actually think he "sucks" now....he's the most picked character in kl, if he sucked people would not be using him that much. People literally run to Scorp vs my Jade and Raiden(mid and low tier characters)

I don't see how one nerfed move makes him a "shell"? Sure he is...I actually kind of like his misery blade variation, but of course nobody uses it because it's not easy lol. Shocker.
I've been saying from the beginning that it was really the d4 nerf that hurt him the most. It was his main tool in his footsie game and I'd take it over a mid tele any day.

MKF30

I've been saying from the beginning that it was really the d4 nerf that hurt him the most. It was his main tool in his footsie game and I'd take it over a mid tele any day.
TBH He really doesn't need it he has d1 still and f3 which are still powerful tools aside from the teleport remaining a neutral killer still very dangerous if you make a mistake. His sage he can just throw out the yoyo spear and not worry it acts as an aa, safe and combo ender. People use this move so much online as well I've noticed.

Last edited:
So after some messing around i figured out Scorpion can also get safe jumps off of 212 in the corner pretty reliably. I will do more testing once I get off work. Right now they are a bit too early and i need to figure out the exact timing in order to beat their buttons completely out.

So basically in the corner 212 also allows for you to safe jump some wake-ups. You simply forward dash once. D1 immediately then jump. It should go over cleanly every time on most wake-ups. Cassie up2 and Kung Lao up3 are the only ones that you cant jump it seems. But in those cases you can forward dash d1 back dash and full punish both of their wake-up attacks. You honestly by doing the back dash one even have plenty of time to react to a roll. It's crazy the amount of time You have to react to the opponent moving.

hey man. burning specter main as well. i've been using this jump setup as well, but not really lab it or go in depth but just 112 knockdown dash up crossover 1 for pressure. i want to play scorpion (cause there's no smoke), but hate the other 2 variations. and i think burning specter is bad, not by itself, but compare to his other variations, reborn to be specific. i noticed the MB3 must be delayed after blockstring in order to hit properly as well. and i do like the mind game after MB3 onblock, -6 at the perfect distant to force a guess on the opponent. he gets good damage from sin blade mid combo (30% consistently, safe from breakaway even with S1 punish). other than that the variation is bad. anyway great stuff man. do a burning specter indepth , i would love to see what you see in this variation

For me personally i love the safety and the mind games it creates. It also gives scorpion a good move to cancel off of d1 letting him steal turns. In reborn Scorpion has no teleport cancel that cant be punished on block. If he does b2, teleport cancel back you're still -20. B1,4 teleport cancel back -12. B1,4 teleport cancel behind -8. Yes some characters cant touch you, but some can. Scorpion in burning specter is plus 1 on b1,4, mbc and -4 on b2mbc. -7 on f4mbc. Im safe on all the moves I wanna cancel. I can make all my unsafe string safe. F4,2 mb3 is-5. B1,4, mb3 is -4. B2,mb3 is -5. My opponent now has to try to hit me which they very well can, but with that fame data i can also flawless block off of all my blockstrings. Imo it's the variation that forces the opponent to have to respect scorpions pressure. You also get the sin blade which scales well in combos and makes combos that in reborn you'd have to do something like B1,4, ex teleport, f3, 4, ex spear, 4 31%dmg into a restand at +18. Where as Burning Specter can do b1,4, ex teleport, jd2, f3, 1,1, ex spear, 4, tsuke poke for a 34% restand at plus 11. The biggest thing is you just having to learn when to teleport. Bc reborn gives you the option to not commit to it. In BS you die on a bad read or mistimed teleport, but if you can handle execution then you get the option to never have to commit to a string, or being oppressed.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
For me personally i love the safety and the mind games it creates. It also gives scorpion a good move to cancel off of d1 letting him steal turns. In reborn Scorpion has no teleport cancel that cant be punished on block. If he does b2, teleport cancel back you're still -20. B1,4 teleport cancel back -12. B1,4 teleport cancel behind -8. Yes some characters cant touch you, but some can. Scorpion in burning specter is plus 1 on b1,4, mbc and -4 on b2mbc. -7 on f4mbc. Im safe on all the moves I wanna cancel. I can make all my unsafe string safe. F4,2 mb3 is-5. B1,4, mb3 is -4. B2,mb3 is -5. My opponent now has to try to hit me which they very well can, but with that fame data i can also flawless block off of all my blockstrings. Imo it's the variation that forces the opponent to have to respect scorpions pressure. You also get the sin blade which scales well in combos and makes combos that in reborn you'd have to do something like B1,4, ex teleport, f3, 4, ex spear, 4 31%dmg into a restand at +18. Where as Burning Specter can do b1,4, ex teleport, jd2, f3, 1,1, ex spear, 4, tsuke poke for a 34% restand at plus 11. The biggest thing is you just having to learn when to teleport. Bc reborn gives you the option to not commit to it. In BS you die on a bad read or mistimed teleport, but if you can handle execution then you get the option to never have to commit to a string, or being oppressed.
I like the idea of BS, but reborn also gives a hit confirmable combo on one hit like F3. What I dislike most is, when it is your turn, on oki, or plus for whatever reason, you do B14, and they jump, with you whiffing, and you receive a full combo. In reborn if you do F3 (and hit confirm with tele cancel or not) and they are jumping or whatever, they have to take the combo.

I suppose you know the ranges where that tsuka poke whiffs, that seemed like a concern when I last check out that variation.