What's new

Scorpion Restand and Jailing for plus frames

azeth123

We don't talk about Fiji
Restands are probably the strongest ender in MK11 considering the wake up system. Against Erron Black, I dont usually try to force a restand unless the next combo is gonna kill because of how weak his wake up game is in general, but against Geras I absolutely do restands because of how absurd his wake up game is.

Spending both bars to restand obviously hinders our offensive ability, so getting down a good game plan for when you do not have offensive bar is important. You can hit confirm a very large amount of Scorpion's strings to end in spear or simply play the cancel / hit game with teleport, its still a +6 situation when teleport lands and you dont amp it.

With Scorpions Restand, you usually get 45% out of two bars if after your restand attempt you follow through with either throw or 21xxspear. You then have the option to play keep away until you get another offensive bar. 21 blocked is still +2 and allows you to D1 or D3 check afterwards, but usually I try to whiff punish the first blocked 21 and just cancel teleport if it gets blocked. Even better if you are quick enough to think to cancel close and continue offense. By the time you do the 21, it gets blocked, you step back, b14xxteleport cancel close, you almost have another offensive bar to work with.

Parasurama

Dragon
Restands are probably the strongest ender in MK11 considering the wake up system. Against Erron Black, I dont usually try to force a restand unless the next combo is gonna kill because of how weak his wake up game is in general, but against Geras I absolutely do restands because of how absurd his wake up game is.

Spending both bars to restand obviously hinders our offensive ability, so getting down a good game plan for when you do not have offensive bar is important. You can hit confirm a very large amount of Scorpion's strings to end in spear or simply play the cancel / hit game with teleport, its still a +6 situation when teleport lands and you dont amp it.

With Scorpions Restand, you usually get 45% out of two bars if after your restand attempt you follow through with either throw or 21xxspear. You then have the option to play keep away until you get another offensive bar. 21 blocked is still +2 and allows you to D1 or D3 check afterwards, but usually I try to whiff punish the first blocked 21 and just cancel teleport if it gets blocked. Even better if you are quick enough to think to cancel close and continue offense. By the time you do the 21, it gets blocked, you step back, b14xxteleport cancel close, you almost have another offensive bar to work with.
+2 frames- means it is Geras D1 time lol
Good ideas here guys.

I do s4 212 blocked a lot but no one wants to respect +7 i guess with the amount of pushback it does. Online i barely get my f3 out after 212. Because it's online and some people don't respect 212 i end up sometimes trading my f3 with their button

azeth123

We don't talk about Fiji
I do s4 212 blocked a lot but no one wants to respect +7 i guess with the amount of pushback it does. Online i barely get my f3 out after 212. Because it's online and some people don't respect 212 i end up sometimes trading my f3 with their button
Online can be a different beast with how small input lag can change the frames.