What's new

Scorpion Questions..

Near

Noob
k guys, same deal as last time, help me out here.. i know he's just a shitty version of H.Smoke but i want to learn at least how to get good enough so i dont get punished every now then

Noob
First, he's not really a crappy H.Smoke, it's only semantics, but H.Smoke is a faster, stronger Scorpion.

First thing is first with Scorp... avoid teleporting too much. Use safe teleports. I'm sure you had this problem with Sektor, right? Random TP Uppercuts that get punished all the time. It's the same thing... only use safe teleports either to avoid, get away, make space, use in combo, or the most technical; land right next to your opponent on the other side.

You need to practice this, but it's about a total of a full screen's distance. If I'm in the middle of the screen(as H.Smoke) and you're Scorpion, then unless you're right next to me, don't teleport, because I'll block it and punish. The rule is the same... I'm 1/2 screen, you'll teleport about a half screen...that's a full screen but I'm still close enough to block and punish... it has to be just beyond a total sum of a full screen. "Essentially think of the screen's width as 1 unit, and then if there is more than half of the entire screen behind you and the opponent combined, you are safe. " Thats right from his strat guide.

I'm at work, I'll update more in a bit.

FILER

Noob
k guys, same deal as last time, help me out here.. i know he's just a shitty version of H.Smoke but i want to learn at least how to get good enough so i dont get punished every now then
There are strategy guides for every single character in the game in the guides section. There are match videos of how to play at a high level in the videos section. Learn how to play the game first, then learn how to play a character. I can beat most people just using basics because I know the ins and outs of this game to a moderate degree. When you combine a knowledge of basic moves with a knowledge of an individual character you will be very tough to beat, but until then read the guides over and over, watch videos, and play. Use your basics! Learn how to play without relying on special moves, they will help you out with every character.

I wouldn't do that, mistaKM doesn't appreciate people trying to help each other out by posting the guides, even if it is with good intentions.

If your getting punished because you use the teleport too much or at the wrong times then try not use it at all unless you know for a FACT that it will hit the other player. My favourite tactic sometimes is too constantly teleport safely and run across and throw the opponent, then teleport, throw again and repeat. I've noticed even half decent players get thrown about a lot by this tactic, but I only try it once every few games with scorpion.

Rushing is probably the best thing to do with him, besides his fun punisher(s), so practice keeping the opponent pinned down. You might even start to realise when players will jump, then you can do this: punch/kick them in the air, teleport, spear, auto-combo. Its difficult to predict when to do it, but it is something you have to have in the bag when using scorpion.

Don't forget the air throw!