What's new

Scorpion: Perfect Pressure Tutorial (Advanced Tech)

Hello. This is some really high level dirt, explained and demonstrated in detail.
Anyone who would like to optimize their offense with Scorpion, watch this video, and feel free to ask me any questions you have here in the forums, on twitter @FGMonkeyBizness, or on the Youtube video comments section itself.

Sorry for not posting this video here earlier. This is MonkeyBizness, signing off.

Learn from this.

In summary:

F3 jails into micro-dash stand 2.

Stand 2 is plus 3 on block.

21 is hitconfirmable, and plus 2 on block

212 is plus 7 on block, and will work often despite its gap if you're able to condition the opponent around frametrapping using the plus frames off 21 and stand 2.

https://twitter.com/FGMonkeyBizness

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Lol hi I've been seeing you around commentating and stuff but didn't recognize the name, thought you were new to the scene, turns out you're one of the TYM OGs. Would've recognized you if you used the name KillaByta.
In the New Era, here in MK11, I am Reborn, just like Scorpion, just like Kevodaman.

As a kid on here I was Killabyte to match my old gaming Youtube channel, which I still use now, rebranded as the fighting game player MonkeyBizness.

While I was away at college, I didn't get to make much Youtube content, but I still was able to compete. I'm graduated now, and have plenty of time and justification to re-learn how to make content in this New Era.

I took some inspiration from the video style of @Under_The_Mayo here.
Thanks for the tag man. Happy to inspire. A couple tips. Always make sure to plan your scripts ahead of time. And then write down a "to record" clip list of everything that your video will show, in order that it appear in your script. It makes editing much easier. There's some hard cutting in your edits and you wanna try to avoid that. And when recording, turn off all air conditioners or fans. There's a bit of a hiss but that might be the mic. Good work buddy.

@KIllaByte

Fantastic video man, really good stuff. One question. What is the trick to hit confirming f3 in reborn? Is it an input related os or are you visually confirming? Can you give tips on this?

Great video. This was very useful information and you not only explained it very well, you covered all the options. In my mind I kept thinking “yeah but you can also do this”, and then the very next thing you went over was that very same thing I was thinking about.

One critique video wise, imo, is that if you’re doing an informational tech video, it isn’t necessary to have a face cam. It, for me, is just distracting and doesn’t serve any real purpose. To clarify, this only applies if you’re specifically doing an informational tech video.

I integrated this into my game last night. Usually when I play Kombat League it’s irritating and frustrating. Largely when people just press buttons on me and due to it being online any gaps in my offense allow them to turn the tide even when they “shouldn’t be able to”

Well last night out of 5 matches I had a 5 streak. I’ve only done that once. This time it was even against matchups i hate like Liu Kang. In addition I didn’t have to resort to Reborn just for sake of the TP cancel. I used my favorite and honestly main variant being Searing Rage. When I was on the defensive and managed to go offensive I even made some heavy comebacks. This hasn’t perfect my game by any means and I still need to learn a lot of matchups but this filled in a lot of gaps in my game overall. Very well done sir.

Fought a mirror match last night too and even squeezed out a flawless using this method of pressure. Closed a lot of holes in my offense

@KIllaByte

Fantastic video man, really good stuff. One question. What is the trick to hit confirming f3 in reborn? Is it an input related os or are you visually confirming? Can you give tips on this?
Sound helps me confirm it more than anything, which is unfortunate because sound is unreliable at tournament setups. Without sound though, I confirm if its blocked by looking for blue block sparks. I'm still pretty consistent with only visual stimulus.

Thanks for the tag man. Happy to inspire. A couple tips. Always make sure to plan your scripts ahead of time. And then write down a "to record" clip list of everything that your video will show, in order that it appear in your script. It makes editing much easier. There's some hard cutting in your edits and you wanna try to avoid that. And when recording, turn off all air conditioners or fans. There's a bit of a hiss but that might be the mic. Good work buddy.
My inspiration from you mostly had to do with the depth and layers of information present in your work. I'm trying to develop a live recording system that will allow me to put out more content faster, and will also help me get more comfortable as a streamer. I still have a lot of settings to optimize in that regard, from the mic to the video settings on the software.

I do agree though that I probably should have turned off the camera for this one. As for the fan, I definitely could not! All the heat rises into my room that has no AC, it was 95 and humid at the time of the recording, haha!

I'm a video editor by trade, so I'll clean up the editing for the next one, which I think will be a Johnny Cage video.

I'm always looking forward to your Dvorah dirt. Thanks for the comment.

Great shit mate. My f3 stagger game is getting way too predictable, gotta practice the fuck out of that f3 hit-confirm. Been doing 21 staggers already cause I figured being +2 is nice with the pushback because I can whiff punish so often by just going 21 into walk back on block.

I don't play Scorpion, but it seems like you overlooked an important option off of 21 on block. That space combined with those frames mean you can backdash cancel b1 and whiff punish pokes instead of just checking with d1 or d3. I tested on Geras just to be sure.

I used to do essentially the same thing with D'vorah in MK X.

From my labbing last night it seems like if you want to jail the microdash~21 after hitting a f3 you have to be buffering the dash after inputting the f3. This means (unless I just suck) you have to commit to going for the microdash~21 without knowing or having time to confirm if the f3 has hit. Is this accurate? It's not a huge deal since f3 is only -2 on block and if your opponent gets poke happy you could just let the full f34 rip, but just making sure i am understanding how to properly apply the "microdash~21" tech.

@KIllaByte

From my labbing last night it seems like if you want to jail the microdash~21 after hitting a f3 you have to be buffering the dash after inputting the f3. This means (unless I just suck) you have to commit to going for the microdash~21 without knowing or having time to confirm if the f3 has hit. Is this accurate? It's not a huge deal since f3 is only -2 on block and if your opponent gets poke happy you could just let the full f34 rip, but just making sure i am understanding how to properly apply the "microdash~21" tech.

@KIllaByte
I could not touch mk for 2 weeks but tomorrow I come back from holiday and this will be the first thing I will try. How strict it is and hit confirmable.

I practiced F3 into B1 jail which does not require dash but 1F link and its hitconfirm was so so to me.
That looks not easier either.

Btw buffering microdash during hitconfirm and on block try to poke or just block looks also.viable.

Tomorrow I will check it as 21 is the best jailing option compared to B1/F3.
I think B1 is the 2nd best due to hitconfirm. F34 is the 3rd with KB. F3xxtele cancel is the 2nd best for Reborn I think. F32 is the risky read for SR.

21 beats every option as on block it is still plus.
But just like 21 jail after D1 it is also a tricky jail. Not for free. :)

Last edited:

@KIllaByte
Buffering the dash for sure the easiest way to go about this. But unless I’m missing something, all of the options you’d want to do in a blocked situation can all be done to cancel the dash out. Super nice video btw.

Buffering the dash for sure the easiest way to go about this. But unless I’m missing something, all of the options you’d want to do in a blocked situation can all be done to cancel the dash out. Super nice video btw.
This is true, that is why i am not that worried about it. I think this is good stuff for sure. Side note, i am not having good luck with the f3 hit confirm into either teleport amp or teleport cancel. I think my reactions are just too slow personally

This is true, that is why i am not that worried about it. I think this is good stuff for sure. Side note, i am not having good luck with the f3 hit confirm into either teleport amp or teleport cancel. I think my reactions are just too slow personally
You should grind be able to grind it out as an OS.

Should work the same as the b2 OS. Basically you cancel the teleport late then hit the amp. Because hitstun is longer than blockstun, if it got blocked you should get the cancel and if it hit you should get the amp.

Basically you have to find the right timing on the cancel and need to grind it out if you can't hit-confirm it.

Both are very difficult though.

Me personally it took me a week of grinding a couple hours every day to get the b14 hit-confirm. This will take me a while.