What's new

Combo List - Scorpion Scorpion Official Combo Thread - Post all Scorpion Combos here(Pre patch thread with obsolete info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Oh thx!

I'm also having trouble hitting the 214, tp, 214 EX tp. Am i doing something wrong? I've tried dashing, i've tried running, does anyone know how far you have to run or any easier way of doing it?

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Against everyone except goro, you shouldn't need to run at all. It's only after the EXTP that you need to run to finish the combo.

So I just loaded up MKX on PC just to make sure and I was able to link Flame Aura into 214. Eddy Wang has said before that it's a 3 frame link so it could take some practice to get used to.
Just tested some more. The combo won't drop but the timing is very strict. I find myself waiting half a second then mashing 1 because I have no idea when I'm actually supposed to start pushing buttons.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lowest execution way to combo into vortex is b3~Spear, fj2, 21~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP
You can do B12 FA after the run for a tad more damage just for the record. Personally I'm not a fan of using anything involving running post-spear though, they don't give you enough time to recover your stamina in time for the blockstring pressure after the teleport.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Are there any b3 special cancel combos for Hellfire that I need to know about? I've been getting only like 18 to 25% with no meter.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I made a video with some combos
The video is all over the place & some of those combos are a bit pointless.

use 214 tp 21 Demon grab jip 214 extp run 21 spear 21 tp grab\50\50

It can start with 123 or 114 & if you're feeling flashy, after the extp run & 123 leg sweep.

Can't go wrong with those.

Pretty much it really.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
The video is all over the place & some of those combos are a bit pointless.

use 214 tp 21 Demon grab jip 214 extp run 21 spear 21 tp grab\50\50

It can start with 123 or 114 & if you're feeling flashy, after the extp run & 123 leg sweep.

Can't go wrong with those.

Pretty much it really.
Thanks for your advice!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Just for the record because I see this everywhere, Scorpion does not have a true vortex in any variation.

F4 is reactable and F2 causes a hard knockdown. What Scorpion has is a standing reset.

Xzyj

Noob
Does anybody know more than 51% combos with hellfire? (not counting 52% with x-ray)
couldn't find a bigger one (3 meters used)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Does anybody know more than 51% combos with hellfire? (not counting 52% with x-ray)
couldn't find a bigger one (3 meters used)
Any combo ending in D2 that's higher than 42% into EX Hellfire for a guaranteed 9%. His highest is probably around 55% 2 Bars.

Xzyj

Noob
Any combo ending in D2 that's higher than 42% into EX Hellfire for a guaranteed 9%. His highest is probably around 55% 2 Bars.
Yea, in that sense i can get around 58-59%, i believe (b121 ender also let's you get guaranteed hell-ferno).
I was wondering is there any combo that can get the number higher than 51% in the combo counter

Matix218

Get over here!
Just for the record because I see this everywhere, Scorpion does not have a true vortex in any variation.

F4 is reactable and F2 causes a hard knockdown. What Scorpion has is a standing reset.
Yes, I don't see how it is a "vortex".

Mk9 was a true vortex because there was only a 1frame difference between b2 and f4 and both could launch.

Mkx scorps launching overhead is totally reactable

swp22

Noob
Hi guys.

This is my first fighting game since the old mk & sf games and very much enjoying the experience of learning the amount of depth in this game. I've played around with all the characters since release and I've settled on scorpion inferno as my main.

My punish combo of choice is:

14~TP, 21~MG, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 36%

Which I can consistently do. But I'm finding that most of my combo set ups are coming from full screen MG run then:

213~tp, 21~spear,fj2,21~tp for 28% then I instant throw for the extra 12%. They land far enough to attempt a repeat cycle. And its actually working quite well for now.

So my question is. . After the MG being my opening move, what's my highest damage combo + vortex possibility?

Thanks

Been really impressed with this games community. Amazing.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
What do you guys use for combos on B3 in Hellfire?
I've actually been revising this since I found the b3 option select. Whether you go for hitconfirm and more damage or an option-select and less damage is up to you.

Meterless:
b3xxFBC, b12xxFA, 214xxTP, 21xxSpear, fjp, f4xxTP.
B3xxFBC, 214xxTP, 21xxSpear, fjp, f4xxFA, 21xxTP.
b3xxspear, njp, fjkxxTP, FA, 11xxTP.
It's very easy to link 11 from FA in this combo because it hits late. Only does 21% but it's meterless and gives standing reset without using spear. If you already have FA active, you can add fjp after njp to delay the combo, but it doesn't do any more damage.

1 bar:
b3xxspear, fjp, 214xxTP, 214xxEXTP, run, FA, f3xxTP.
b3xxspear, fjp, 214xxEXTP, fjkxxTP, FA, 11xxTP.
b3xxFBC, b12xxFA, 214xxTP, 214xxEXTP, run, 21xxSpear, fjp, f4xxFA, 4xxTP. Big damage, but does not use the option-select.

basically b3xxspear combos are less damage, but offer an option-select over a hitconfirm. Which one you prefer is up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDE

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I've actually been revising this since I found the b3 option select. Whether you go for hitconfirm and more damage or an option-select and less damage is up to you.

Meterless:
b3xxFBC, b12xxFA, 214xxTP, 21xxSpear, fjp, f4xxTP.
B3xxFBC, 214xxTP, 21xxSpear, fjp, f4xxFA, 21xxTP.
b3xxspear, njp, fjkxxTP, FA, 11xxTP.
It's very easy to link 11 from FA in this combo because it hits late. Only does 21% but it's meterless and gives standing reset without using spear. If you already have FA active, you can add fjp after njp to delay the combo, but it doesn't do any more damage.

1 bar:
b3xxspear, fjp, 214xxTP, 214xxEXTP, run, FA, f3xxTP.
b3xxspear, fjp, 214xxEXTP, fjkxxTP, FA, 11xxTP.
b3xxFBC, b12xxFA, 214xxTP, 214xxEXTP, run, 21xxSpear, fjp, f4xxFA, 4xxTP. Big damage, but does not use the option-select.

basically b3xxspear combos are less damage, but offer an option-select over a hitconfirm. Which one you prefer is up to you.
i still dont have b3~fbc,21 as a "10 for 10" option for me yet midscreen :(
corner its grand but midscreen i have a issue with me gimping it up and whiffing the 2. been trying to replace it with 1 but ill have a gander at b12 now also

Xzyj

Noob
i still dont have b3~fbc,21 as a "10 for 10" option for me yet midscreen :(
corner its grand but midscreen i have a issue with me gimping it up and whiffing the 2. been trying to replace it with 1 but ill have a gander at b12 now also
You have to keep in mind, that different range will give you different advantages. So for example if you hit f3 on max range and then try to go for fbc ~ 214 it will not connect because you will not have enough advantage after cancelling fireball at this range. The same goes for b3, you will have a lot easier time connecting your 214 after cancelling b3, if you was close enough to your opponent, but at far range it may be easier to go for f3-spear, after b3 cancelling at max range. Even tho i don't remember having problems with b3's in that aspect (maybe your cancel must be on point to connect)

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Yeah that's one of the reasons I like the b3 OS. It works at max range unlike b3 FBC which only works close up. Also, if they block b3 the added blockstun on both characters can mess up your timing since getting a combo requires a quick cancel. So quick in fact that if you do the correct speed for the combo, and they block it, you won't get the FBC.

I tested this a bit, there doesn't seem to be any timing where you will get a b3 FBC combo and blockstring with the same recorded input.

.Solo.

Noob
Yeah that's one of the reasons I like the b3 OS. It works at max range unlike b3 FBC which only works close up. Also, if they block b3 the added blockstun on both characters can mess up your timing since getting a combo requires a quick cancel. So quick in fact that if you do the correct speed for the combo, and they block it, you won't get the FBC.

I tested this a bit, there doesn't seem to be any timing where you will get a b3 FBC combo and blockstring with the same recorded input.
can you get a 214 FBC combo and blockstring in the same input? thanks for the info.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
can you get a 214 FBC combo and blockstring in the same input? thanks for the info.
From b3, I don't think you can because there is a small pause when b3 is blocked and the combo doesn't have a big enough errormargin to allow compensating that pause.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I would just learn to hit-confirm either option. You really do have a lot of time on 214 and when the first hit is blocked you should already flip to fireball in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.