What's new

Scorpion Might Be Dead

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I mean if you’re hitting a button I can still do that lol so......

Half these dudes complaining simply don’t want to block.

I use SR so the only thing really different for me is d4. Beyond that I’ve been fighting the same. And these clowns who wanna duck mid to full screen are letting me get in, thirsting for a TP I don’t do unless I see a button anyway.
Point being that if we have a life lead we can just duck now, whereas before you had to constantly be blocking due to threat of tele whether you had a lead or not. It was harder to play lame vs him. And now we can also poke your advances which should also go under any tele on movement reaction.

E

Eldriken

I played a few Searing Rage players last night and it's night and day between which ones relied on the mid teleport and those who didn't.

Yes, ducking is a good way to not get hit, but you're not blocking, covering ground (moving back or forward), etc while waiting on it and Scorpion can just mosey his ass on up to you for next to nothing.

I actually don't mind the MU too much now because I don't feel threatened by a YOLO teleport at all times. Having the life lead and making them advance on me is a nice change.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Point being that if we have a life lead we can just duck now, whereas before you had to constantly be blocking due to threat of tele whether you had a lead or not. It was harder to play lame vs him. And now we can also poke your advances which should also go under any tele on movement reaction.
Dunno bout that. I’ve done mirrors. They TP they died. I TP there was a good chance I died if I was reckless with it. The “problem” wasn’t so much that it was mid, most of the complaints I saw were in relation to meter burning it on block. Either way it doesn’t bother me. It just gave me an extra mind game now and a way to sneak in a b3 or Hop OH

Without Jacqui's abilityto close the gap with that punch, she would get zoned out easily and be worthless as a character. I'm amazed that people get annoyed by that. That would be like me saying, "I hate that Scorpion has this fast spear move that you can't jump over that he uses from a safe distance to keep you in check. Why would they give him that?"

That would make him difficult to play as since he would get bodied up close for free without the keep away tools such as the spear.
Oh man please. You're giving leeway to a braindead move, aka jax same thing and his fatal blow.
If you want to give her tool to get near....give something that you have to think to put in practice, not these "PLAAAAA" moves in our face like we see in this game.

And by the way, without CBs. 30% of life by nothing.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Oh man please. You're giving leeway to a braindead move, aka jax same thing and his fatal blow.
If you want to give her tool to get near....give something that you have to think to put in practice, not these "PLAAAAA" moves in our face like we see in this game.

And by the way, without CBs. 30% of life by nothing.
Play Jacqui for a bit and throw that punch out. Let me know how it works it for you. It is a high so you need to be aware of that. You may be in for a shock for how much thought actually needs to go into when and how to use it. I use that move as a check occasionally but mostly as a way to close distance.

It is a high but she has other move /s that do similar stuff and it is a mid. No way you can just duck and wait that...she hasother tools.

And yeah it has to be a pain in the ass to get near the opponent. Once she gets in we are fucked. If she jails you in the corner....good luck.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
It is a high but she has other move /s that do similar stuff and it is a mid. No way you can just duck and wait that...she hasother tools.

And yeah it has to be a pain in the ass to get near the opponent. Once she gets in we are fucked. If she jails you in the corner....good luck.
The answer to this is just play to your character's strengths and keep her away. I've played some really players who managed to effectively zone me out or keep me at just the right distance to win. But you are correct, if she gets in, it's hard to get away. That's what she was built for. High pressure up close. She can't do much from a distance.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I fought a Scorpion today and lost to him. Sure, out of around 3-4 hours of play one Scorpion, but I lost. He's clearly good still.
There were a lot more Sub-Zeros though. I thonk all the online Scorp warriors went to him lol

2: they can just get the first hit and play super passive

4: You're now perpetually chasing people down

So my question is, what actually prevents people from just running away from you all game now?
That's exactly what we used to be up against before the patch. I feel like this post is our reward for every Scorpion that got life lead on us pre-patch than went full screen jumping back and forth, waiting for us to make a friggin move to tele-punish it. We all should have just dropped our characters apparently because that seems to be the answer.

Matix218

Get over here!
I barely noticed the tele nerf. Stop using tele cancels for all your offense. You can still lame people out really well with reborn.

Worst nerfs were d4 and d1.
Agreed, and most of the strong characters had nerfs to their d1/d3/d4 frames so that is almost a universal change (erron cant even do his old optimals with his d1 in the middle). F3 on hit still jails into 21, d4 is still a good mid range poke, I'm happy with this version.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's exactly what we used to be up against before the patch. I feel like this post is our reward for every Scorpion that got life lead on us pre-patch than went full screen jumping back and forth, waiting for us to make a friggin move to tele-punish it. We all should have just dropped our characters apparently because that seems to be the answer.
Both variations STILL can do this to really good effect. IDK why you thought this specific thing was the issue.