What's new

Match Footage - Scorpion Scorpion Match Videos

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
What's up, guys?

So I just made a giant main switch from GM Sub-Zero to Ninjutsu Scorpion about a month ago. This past Saturday, I debuted said Scorpion at my local monthly. Below is the Twitch archive of the event (sorry, but it's likely that there won't be any YouTube version of these archives). Please feel free to critique and throw in any pointers that you think might help my Scorpion out. I'm almost dead positive that I'm not using the greatest of combos, so any piece of advice will help!

Match time stamps are:

2:13:50 vs Kung Jin (Shaolin)

2:40:50 vs Ermac

3:19:50 vs Goro, Alien, Predator

3:35:50 vs Kano (Cyber)

Stream archive link is https://www.twitch.tv/netbattles/v/82125694

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What's up, guys?

So I just made a giant main switch from GM Sub-Zero to Ninjutsu Scorpion about a month ago. This past Saturday, I debuted said Scorpion at my local monthly. Below is the Twitch archive of the event (sorry, but it's likely that there won't be any YouTube version of these archives). Please feel free to critique and throw in any pointers that you think might help my Scorpion out. I'm almost dead positive that I'm not using the greatest of combos, so any piece of advice will help!

Match time stamps are:

2:13:50 vs Kung Jin (Shaolin)

2:40:50 vs Ermac

3:19:50 vs Goro, Alien, Predator

3:35:50 vs Kano (Cyber)

Stream archive link is https://www.twitch.tv/netbattles/v/82125694
can you export them to youtube? it gets easier to watch, my internet hates twitch this much :/

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't actually "own" this Twitch archive and the guy that does never has time to upload to YouTube anymore. :(
He doesn't need to, there is an option on twitch which after every stream it uploads straight into the user Youtube account, he just has to configure it.

My account has this feature, sadly internet its not good enough to stream often, at least it doesn't support my area.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
Hey fellow Scorpion mains. been attempting to work on my Hellfire Scorpion. Here's a set I played against someone in player matches. Thought it was a good set. I'm no pro by any means. Any tips or criticism is welcome. If you think I'm still a scrub, it's ok too. I want to learn.

Scorpion feels like my Cyrax in MK9. Fits my playstyle.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Hey fellow Scorpion mains. been attempting to work on my Hellfire Scorpion. Here's a set I played against someone in player matches. Thought it was a good set. I'm no pro by any means. Any tips or criticism is welcome. If you think I'm still a scrub, it's ok too. I want to learn.

Scorpion feels like my Cyrax in MK9. Fits my playstyle.

Good stuff overall from watching about 20 minutes of it good pressure and staggers tho ur opponent should have challenged the plus frames a few times with low profile pokes when he had the pokes to do it so keep that in mind. U did ex teleport way too much as u saw it did eventually cost u a few games tho u did eventually cut down on it a bit. Just be weary that it can be baited out. U should work on fuzzy guarding the mixups. Cage's mixups are easy to block as I noticed u went to low block after one s1. His 113 and 11 into f2 is fuzzyable so work on that. U also let go of the block button a lot against Takeda when he was pressuring u and when he does low kunai u can backdash or armor. Also u had a pretty bad habit of crossing over I noticed that ur guy caught on and u got stuffed a few times so just cut down a bit on that and try to mix up ur movements a bit and ur good to go. U made pretty good reads with the flame aura. Again good stuff in general just hv to clean out a few scratches here and there

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
I have a bunch of Scorpion Ninjutsu tournament matches on my channel. Here are some recent ones. Constructive criticism welcomed.

This one is SoS Luigi and BagelWithCheese Hellfire mirror.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
Good stuff overall from watching about 20 minutes of it good pressure and staggers tho ur opponent should have challenged the plus frames a few times with low profile pokes when he had the pokes to do it so keep that in mind. U did ex teleport way too much as u saw it did eventually cost u a few games tho u did eventually cut down on it a bit. Just be weary that it can be baited out. U should work on fuzzy guarding the mixups. Cage's mixups are easy to block as I noticed u went to low block after one s1. His 113 and 11 into f2 is fuzzyable so work on that. U also let go of the block button a lot against Takeda when he was pressuring u and when he does low kunai u can backdash or armor. Also u had a pretty bad habit of crossing over I noticed that ur guy caught on and u got stuffed a few times so just cut down a bit on that and try to mix up ur movements a bit and ur good to go. U made pretty good reads with the flame aura. Again good stuff in general just hv to clean out a few scratches here and there
Thanks for the feedback man. That's the thing I needed to hear. I figured I have some pretty bad habbits. It's what I get for playing rank randoms. Are there any tools I should be utilizing that maybe I'm not doing at the moment? I feel like my Scorpion is still pretty basic, especially when I check out other Scorpion players.