What's new

Match-up Discussion Scorpion Match-Up Chart Discussion

RYX

BIG PUSHER
updated last : 29th March 2014
Community based chart from TYM mu charts and player input.
please discuss your opinions on the matchups to make the chart more accurate

Strong disadv (3-7)
Hawkgirl

Disadv (4-6)
Batman (possible 3-7?)
Aquaman (possible 3-7)
Superman
Wonder Woman
Lobo
Martian Manhunter

Zod
Frost
Batgirl

Doomsday
Flash
Catwoman
Green Arrow (possible 5-5?)
deathstroke

Even
raven
nightwing (possible 4-6?)
grundy
green lantern

lex
joker (possible 6-4?)
shazam
black adam
bane
harley
zatanna

adv (6-4)
sinestro
cyborg (possiblw 3-7?)

strong adv (7-3+)
ares

discuss....

Last edited by a moderator:

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Scorpions teleport can be parried.
Even if it comes from the air.

Scorpions teleport can be stuffed, as Sabin predicted with a low hitbox move.

Wonderwomans D3 makes teleport wiff.

Edit: Only stuffs regular teleport it seems. Ex teleport is a true mid.

Art

Grave_Intent
Best punishes I've seen on a Teleport are Batman, Killer Frost, Green Lantern, Sinestro & Batgirl are all the worst ones to get a teleport blocked/parried by.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
I guess that Doomsday vs Scorpion is a real pain in the ass.

His trait is a pain, ground Venom avoids TP, I think that air grab catches TP on block and carefull if you do TP to avoid supernova, I need to test this further, but if you do it while Dooms on the screen, he'll track you.

On the other hand you AA game needs to be respected, cause your options are really good. I think this matchup is about who gets the momentum first.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I guess that Doomsday vs Scorpion is a real pain in the ass.

His trait is a pain, ground Venom avoids TP, I think that air grab catches TP on block and carefull if you do TP to avoid supernova, I need to test this further, but if you do it while Dooms on the screen, he'll track you.

On the other hand you AA game needs to be respected, cause your options are really good. I think this matchup is about who gets the momentum first.
Agreed. I had a 4 hour session with my country's best Doomsday, coaching him on where I'm unsafe and how to deal with Scorpion and it feels 6:4 Doomsday's favour. We can't do anything except run away against trait, neutral J3 shuts down teleports REALLY well, venom (shoulder charge) stuffs teleport on wakeup and also beats J3 clean out of the air from mid range. His splash beats D2 as an anti-air clean, and trades or beats Flip Kick/J3, so keeping him out of the air is not a simple task. It really is a momentum based matchup, the damage trade is slightly in our favour, but Doomsday has better tools to deal with us than most.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I find that GL can turtle very well vs scorpion. Tough match.

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
I was curious what options Scorpion have in the Superman match-up. Everyone tells me its in Scorp's favor but I don't quite see it yet. It's quite easy to deal with the regular online supes that just jumps back and try to eye laser/zone, but rushdown supes is a bit more difficult to crack and I was hoping you guys can offer some insights on these situations.

1. Jumping Airdash 3 cross up
2. f23+ice breath loop
3. Full bar ready to super you superman

I will be looking into putting some lab time next week, but I wanted to see how everyone else have been dealing with this.

D

Deleted member 9158

I think even with his nerfs he's still a solid character now

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
I think even with his nerfs he's still a solid character now

He is solid definitely. Feels great getting people in the vortex once you get in. I'm just having a roughtime going in on Doomsday/Supes and was looking for more match-up advice.

Totally agree with the 6-4 Doomsday favor as mentioned earlier.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Aquaman beat Scorp before the Zod patch and beats him even worse now.