What's new

Match-up Discussion Scorpion Match-Up Chart Discussion

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
How does Scorpion fair against MMH?
Imo, it's 6-4. Martian wins in damage and will almost always have the meter advantage. He can still zone somewhat effectively with orbs and pillar, since they recover pretty fast. He shuts down air tele and any attempt to control air space with MB pillar. His risk vs reward is skewed in his favour, we risk far more against him than he does against Scorpion and his optimal damage requires less meter and he can get 40% off almost all of his openers. Scorpion's best bet is to play patiently, control interactables and try and get a life lead and return to defensive play. I don't find the matchup particularly fun, but it's far from unwinnable.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
How does Scorpion fair against MMH?

its a losing mu, i get to play it alot offline,its not aquaman/superman bad but its a losing mu for sure,
the meter game in the mu is a fucking pain aswell, mmh doesnt really need meter while scorpion needs it badly,thank god scorpion can punish his low grab though

How the hell am I supposed to play against that braindead douchebag, Nightwing?

ye that mu is annoying, fuck that flying dick lol
you have to show your willing to check him with iamb telepunch if he tries to zone in staff,even though he can punish it.
flying grason can check scorpion from jumping about the place faking teles though.
scorpion can sweep under his overhead flip kick which i find really handy.
i think its ok but still think i need to get better in that mu, have to play calm and not let the d1~staff spin stuff annoy you

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
srsly, i can't do anything against MMH but pray and wish they won't punish my teleport lol.
btw i know Scorpion-Aqua is like -1 - 11 but can someone plz explain me why? i want to see your opinion cuz i've never played it any good Aqua yet.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Can we not create a thread with players for each character that we can grind matchups with?

It would obviously have to be two separate lists; Euro and US. Unless some players have both discs.

I've never seen the Euro servers with more than 40 people online, MK has more people playing online on average. 90% of the Injustice lobby don't even know how to play, the way us lot do at least.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
ye that mu is annoying, fuck that flying dick lol
you have to show your willing to check him with iamb telepunch if he tries to zone in staff,even though he can punish it.
flying grason can check scorpion from jumping about the place faking teles though.
scorpion can sweep under his overhead flip kick which i find really handy.
i think its ok but still think i need to get better in that mu, have to play calm and not let the d1~staff spin stuff annoy you
I have no idea where to be in the match. At full screen he can easily outzone me. Up close he can out pressure me in what feels like a damn frame trap. Mid range he has the ground spark move and flying dickbag move. My only hope is out-guessing him in the vortex (although that's my strategy for most matchups). Up close he just keeps switching between D1 and the overhead thing, I can't interrupt or even block it well enough. I push block and even then I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I have no idea where to be in the match. At full screen he can easily outzone me. Up close he can out pressure me in what feels like a damn frame trap. Mid range he has the ground spark move and flying dickbag move. My only hope is out-guessing him in the vortex (although that's my strategy for most matchups). Up close he just keeps switching between D1 and the overhead thing, I can't interrupt or even block it well enough. I push block and even then I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
It feels like a frame trap because it is a frame trap lol. If Nightwing is pressing any buttons just assume its a frame trap.

1man3letters

srsly, i can't do anything against MMH but pray and wish they won't punish my teleport lol.
btw i know Scorpion-Aqua is like -1 - 11 but can someone plz explain me why? i want to see your opinion cuz i've never played it any good Aqua yet.

d2 keeps scorpion grounded.
from the deep ruins anything scorpion wants to try full screen,
out footsies the shit outta him,
out damages him,
punishes all of scorpions specials,
scorpion has no vortex in the mu because of trait, extremely limited mixups also for same reason.

Can we not create a thread with players for each character that we can grind matchups with?

It would obviously have to be two separate lists; Euro and US. Unless some players have both discs.

I've never seen the Euro servers with more than 40 people online, MK has more people playing online on average. 90% of the Injustice lobby don't even know how to play, the way us lot do at least.

doesnt that already exist? in the psn/xbox online forums theres player tag threads.
if you wanted a certain mu, maybe try that characters forum, its more likely that characters player base will check there own forum over the scorpion one if ya get me.

also your only counting the lobbies, you cant tell how many people are online in private/player or ranked.
prob best to stay away from playing randoms, normally does more harm than good and good luck getting more than 1 match playing a random if you use scorpion lol

1man3letters

MU CHART OP UPDATED.

please note i updated from kommunity talk from the forum/podcasts etc more so than my own opinion, as it states in OP this is a kommunity based chart,not from one person/group.

how does the kommunity feel about this new scorpion chart???
please discuss, will make changes as needed.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What's the case for Scorpion going 5-5 with Catwoman? His footsies suck and she punishes MB teleport.

1man3letters

What's the case for Scorpion going 5-5 with Catwoman? His footsies suck and she punishes MB teleport.
the case is i dont play the mu bar with someone with a terrible connection as the only offline exp i had in the mu (which was prepatch) went back to SF and that i havnt seen much talk of it the in the catwoman forums so its was just left at a 5-5 as default.
yourself and @GGA Slips prob know the MU better than anyone so if either of you suggest which section i should move it to ill gladly do so, like i said this a kommunity chart not mine :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the case is i dont play the mu bar with someone with a terrible connection as the only offline exp i had in the mu (which was prepatch) went back to SF and that i havnt seen much talk of it the in the catwoman forums so its was just left at a 5-5 as default.
yourself and @GGA Slips prob know the MU better than anyone so if either of you suggest which section i should move it to ill gladly do so, like i said this a kommunity chart not mine :)

We both agree it is in Selina's favor.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I feel it's 4-6 for Ares/Scorpion. If it weren't for the teleport being unpunishable then maybe it would have been even...

4x4lo8o

Noob
I feel it's 4-6 for Ares/Scorpion. If it weren't for the teleport being unpunishable then maybe it would have been even...
It's pretty rough for Ares.

From full screen you can't really do much because of teleport. He can throw out spear and hell fire and Ares can't do much or punish on block/whiff and MB teleport is always safe. Ares teleport is pretty useless in this match up
Up close Ares doesn't really outfootsie him or have much to take advantage of Scorpion's problems. Lots of stuff that should be punishable, like flipkick or b2, isn't punishable by Ares if spaced right. Scorpion can also get away with jumping a lot and Ares doesn't have particularly good options to shut it down.

After a blocked mb teleport the only thing Ares has to check Scorpion is stand 2, but 22 will whiff and is punishable if Scorpion crouch blocks.

The only thing in this match up that I fell really works out for Ares is that any blocked or crouched non MB teleport gets punished for 45%

Scorpions oki is also pretty nasty for Ares.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
I think Scorpion-Cyborg could easily be even. Cyborg can do ianb's and if Scorpion teleports on reaction Cyborg can block. Cyborg can punish every teleport on block for decent damage(blocked normal teleport gets a b3, crouched normal teleport gets s3, and mb teleport getes 12b2). If Scorpion does catch Cyborg on an ianb with MB teleport the second hit often whiffs and Scorpion doesn't get a combo.
Cyborgs lack of combo damage and poor range on his normals don't tend to matter much in this match up. Cyborg does much, much better in this match up than Ares does

1man3letters

How does Scorp Beat DS? DS D2 rapes everything he does aside from B1 and MB Teleport.
so are you saying ds wins or its even?
i could see how ds's d2 would be very good vs scorpion low priority jump attcks but saying d2 rapes everything he does is a bit off.

on my personal chart id have it 5.5-4.5 more than a 6-4.
ds cant punish mb telepunch
tele limits zoning/jumping
scorpion has just as strong oki as ds
scorpion has just as fucked up corner game if not better, its pretty much vanilla vortex when scorpion MB spears you in corner, your going to have to guess on something that u wont be able to see where its hitting you and if you guess right you still have to guess again.
ds has better meterless damage but scorpion has bit better damage overall

getting @GGA Slips opinion be handy as he knows both characters, i could see the mu being even but personally i still think its slight adv scorp.

It's pretty rough for Ares.

From full screen you can't really do much because of teleport. He can throw out spear and hell fire and Ares can't do much or punish on block/whiff and MB teleport is always safe. Ares teleport is pretty useless in this match up
Up close Ares doesn't really outfootsie him or have much to take advantage of Scorpion's problems. Lots of stuff that should be punishable, like flipkick or b2, isn't punishable by Ares if spaced right. Scorpion can also get away with jumping a lot and Ares doesn't have particularly good options to shut it down.

After a blocked mb teleport the only thing Ares has to check Scorpion is stand 2, but 22 will whiff and is punishable if Scorpion crouch blocks.

The only thing in this match up that I fell really works out for Ares is that any blocked or crouched non MB teleport gets punished for 45%

Scorpions oki is also pretty nasty for Ares.
well put there man.
when i miss pre patch scorpion i just run the ares mu lol
that i alt ares also ive played the mu from the other side and it is as you said, bad times.

could you expand more on way you think that?
i think 4x4lo8o put it very well how the mu goes.
scorpion can do what he wants and ares has to hope an pray for a fuck to even be allowed to play,

I think Scorpion-Cyborg could easily be even. Cyborg can do ianb's and if Scorpion teleports on reaction Cyborg can block. Cyborg can punish every teleport on block for decent damage(blocked normal teleport gets a b3, crouched normal teleport gets s3, and mb teleport getes 12b2). If Scorpion does catch Cyborg on an ianb with MB teleport the second hit often whiffs and Scorpion doesn't get a combo.
Cyborgs lack of combo damage and poor range on his normals don't tend to matter much in this match up. Cyborg does much, much better in this match up than Ares does
yea being honest i was unsure if the 7-3 section was a bit harsh for the mu, as mentioned as a point at the end cyborg def has a easier time than ares lol
might just switch that to 6-4 for the moment.

about maybe being even personally though id still feel its adv scorp,
although cyborg can punish mb tele punish risk/reward still in scorpions favor.
while cyborgs low damage mightnt matter as much in this mu compared to others for him scorp still does out damage him by a fair bit.
your wakeups against scorpions oki game are unsafe

@Relaxedstate @K7L33THA thoughts on number for new updated chart?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
so are you saying ds wins or its even?
i could see how ds's d2 would be very good vs scorpion low priority jump attcks but saying d2 rapes everything he does is a bit off.

on my personal chart id have it 5.5-4.5 more than a 6-4.
ds cant punish mb telepunch
tele limits zoning/jumping
scorpion has just as strong oki as ds
scorpion has just as fucked up corner game if not better, its pretty much vanilla vortex when scorpion MB spears you in corner, your going to have to guess on something that u wont be able to see where its hitting you and if you guess right you still have to guess again.
ds has better meterless damage but scorpion has bit better damage overall
DS doesn't need to constantly zone. He just needs to wait and punish unless Scorp has the life lead. Then he would try to get in. And J3 blows up Tele.

1man3letters

DS doesn't need to constantly zone. He just needs to wait and punish unless Scorp has the life lead. Then he would try to get in. And J3 blows up Tele.
never said he needed to constantly zone
i could say the same that scorpion can just sit back and punish ds actions, that doesnt say anything about the mu.
im aware j3 beats tele, however miss time your j3 or empty jump to much and bad times, just like every other character who can jump and use a air normal to fullcombo telepunch. its not a ds only thing

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
never said he needed to constantly zone
i could say the same that scorpion can just sit back and punish ds actions, that doesnt say anything about the mu.
im aware j3 beats tele, however miss time your j3 or empty jump to much and bad times,just like every other character who can jump and use a air normal to fullcombo telepunch. its not a ds only thing
It would still be 5-5 or 6-4 DS I think.