What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

Scorpions variations are basically becoming a how do you want to play Scorpion or how do you want to handle this matchup. There are still some things I want fixed about scorpion but he's in an ok place. I wish they made a variation to fit flame breath in

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
So after reading this thread I decided to give this variation another go after the nerf, and I've been having good success with it that I don't know if it's better than reborn or not or just mu specific. I'm going to reach demi-god with it next season and report back but it's really good against people that like to counterpoke or press buttons which is most of the online playerbase hehe.

Now if only I could get sin blade after ex teleport more consistently.
Best bet is piano 1~2 after jumping. On pad I guess just slide across the 2 buttons.

Scoot Magee

So after reading this thread I decided to give this variation another go after the nerf, and I've been having good success with it that I don't know if it's better than reborn or not or just mu specific. I'm going to reach demi-god with it next season and report back but it's really good against people that like to counterpoke or press buttons which is most of the online playerbase hehe.

Now if only I could get sin blade after ex teleport more consistently.
I play all 3 a lot. Honestly I like all the variations. I do feel most comfortable with reborn when I dont know the players tendencies. Still I think all 3 variations are useful.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Just hold up and dont release until you see sin blade. I've been consistent with that.
I'll have to test it once i get home, don't you have to let go of up and press down + 2? I remember pressing d+2 while holding up and I would just get jump 2 instead. I had it down before the nerf so I just need to practice it again I think.

Scoot Magee

I'll have to test it once i get home, don't you have to let go of up and press down + 2? I remember pressing d+2 while holding up and I would just get jump 2 instead. I had it down before the nerf so I just need to practice it again I think.
I'm stupid lol. Just hold up longer than normal and the piano the 1~2 when you hit down. I get the short hop sometimes but I get it less since I've started pianoing the input. It gives you slightly more time to time it properly.

Parasurama

Dragon
I'm stupid lol. Just hold up longer than normal and the piano the 1~2 when you hit down. I get the short hop sometimes but I get it less since I've started pianoing the input. It gives you slightly more time to time it properly.
What is the damage for misery blade combo?

fireborg

Noob
yoo someone anyone please how can i unlock the path of fire mask without the stupid krypt event?
also i dont have : "I am vengeance taunt" , which is a problem.

yoo someone anyone please how can i unlock the path of fire mask without the stupid krypt event?
also i dont have : "I am vengeance taunt" , which is a problem.
Is that the one where he flexes with his hands on fire after he loses a round like in mkx? That might've been tower exclusive

So I don't know if ppl were doing this already but in V3 scorpion can do and uppercut after a close njp and combo afterwards. Ex spear kb, dash, njp, d2, ex spear, 4, mb3 does like 33% doesn't switch sides, and is easy to hit.

fireborg

Noob
Hey guys could i get a quick cheat help from the community. One thing i am not able to do as much yet with scorpion is shimmies. What are your shimmie whiff punish setups?

F3 grab shimmie comes to mind
F3 poke
F4 grab shimmie

I only play the 3rd variation nowadays

Hey guys could i get a quick cheat help from the community. One thing i am not able to do as much yet with scorpion is shimmies. What are your shimmie whiff punish setups?

F3 grab shimmie comes to mind
F3 poke
F4 grab shimmie

I only play the 3rd variation nowadays
these days my whiff set-ups mostly come from d4, b1, d1, b1,4, mbc, and 2,1, mb3.

Shimmy into whiff punish works best for me on well spaced d1, b1 and f3. If you hit any of these buttons people are eager to hit a poke if you conditioned them with a few throws. On the tip of those moves most d1/d3s whiff opening them up to b14 confirms.

I dunno if it's an online thing but b1 works kinda well as a stagger especially from tip range because on recovery Scorpion moves his body back. I know it's generally unsafe and you can get called out on it, but I barely ever experience that.

Shoutouts to 21 as it's + on block and has enough pushback to allow you to either walk back or just poke into more + frames.

if mk11 could be made more fun by giving character's more combo opportunities; I think scorpion's death spin should cause a pop up