What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

Skryba

Noob
Does anyone know how to get this skin
Pretty sure that's the exclusive collector's edition alternate skin. There are no regular ninja costumes with hoods, only the armored skins have hoods. The only ninja costume with hood that I know of is the exclusive skin for the collector's edition.

thebus99

Noob
Pretty sure that's the exclusive collector's edition alternate skin. There are no regular ninja costumes with hoods, only the armored skins have hoods. The only ninja costume with hood that I know of is the exclusive skin for the collector's edition.
didnt even notice the hood just the colors

Skryba

Noob
Very sad with what they did to misery blade =(

Mb3 was butchered in terms of frame data, and the hitbox wasn't touched either, still whiffs on a lot of chars after plenty of stuff. Unreliable as a hit confirm and not that good as a way to make strings safe. -6 up close is really bad, and even -4 is pretty meh. +1 cancel after B1,4 isn't good enough to warrant this, I'd say =/

Guess reborn will still be the way to go after all.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Very sad with what they did to misery blade =(

Mb3 was butchered in terms of frame data, and the hitbox wasn't touched either, still whiffs on a lot of chars after plenty of stuff. Unreliable as a hit confirm and not that good as a way to make strings safe. -6 up close is really bad, and even -4 is pretty meh. +1 cancel after B1,4 isn't good enough to warrant this, I'd say =/

Guess reborn will still be the way to go after all.
it was going to be that way anyway.

I love how NRS is like “this one came highly requested...MISERLY BLADE”. More like Miserable Shank. It honestly sucks now.

every character’s 3rd variation I’ve touch so far has had the new specials gutted.

Dante

Noob
If a variation is better than the other even vs one match up its worth it. I don't see how reborn can ever be bested tho as the more solid one

I'm curious where the hitbox of sinblade is because if you're too close to someone when you go for it I think it can get stuffed by s1/2

If a variation is better than the other even vs one match up its worth it. I don't see how reborn can ever be bested tho as the more solid one
Okay, what MU would his 3rd help against?

Variation 3 has nothing that the other 2 cant already do.

At least pre-patch Tsuka Poke actually added to his offense/pressure game.

Okay, what MU would his 3rd help against?

Variation 3 has nothing that the other 2 cant already do.

At least pre-patch Tsuka Poke actually added to his offense/pressure game.
it honestly doesn't help well it any matchups that reborn wouldn't. the benefit of variation 3 is that it's really just a variation of mind games and reads

it honestly doesn't help well it any matchups that reborn wouldn't. the benefit of variation 3 is that it's really just a variation of mind games and reads
Burning Specter can still blow up pokes, and I do like B2 Stance cancel. Problem is risk/reward. His mixup options are full combo punishes and only offer knockdowns.

Burning Specter can still blow up pokes, and I do like B2 Stance cancel. Problem is risk/reward. His mixup options are full combo punishes and only offer knockdowns.
well if you mean blowing up pokes with misery blade 3 some people try to show how much they don't care about +11. before it wasn't even about the mix; it was about the oppression but now part of that is gone. at least misery blade 2 is the strongest attack and you can do things like jump sin blade to blow up most wake ups but then they might get a s1/2 or d2 which has blown most of my sin blade okis up.

well if you mean blowing up pokes with misery blade 3 some people try to show how much they don't care about +11. before it wasn't even about the mix; it was about the oppression but now part of that is gone. at least misery blade 2 is the strongest attack and you can do things like jump sin blade to blow up most wake ups but then they might get a s1/2 or d2 which has blown most of my sin blade okis up.
I know why they nerfed Tsuka Poke, but they could've buffed the stance a bit. Maybe make the OH/Low safer when spaced correctly idk.

When Tsuka Poke was +20 it gave Scorpion a guaranteed situation to lock down the opponent. F3, B1, & B2 were all unavoidable. When they respected +20 you get free throws/ pressure.

It wasn't broken at all.

I know why they nerfed Tsuka Poke, but they could've buffed the stance a bit. Maybe make the OH/Low safer when spaced correctly idk.

When Tsuka Poke was +20 it gave Scorpion a guaranteed situation to lock down the opponent. F3, B1, & B2 were all unavoidable. When they respected +20 you get free throws/ pressure.

It wasn't broken at all.
yeah but that probably would've gone against the no oppressive 50/50 narrative but that never stopped subzero. i don't even use the meterburn oh/low. probably the only use for it would be to close out rounds. things just get nerfed. that's how it is, especially with nrs.

yeah but that probably would've gone against the no oppressive 50/50 narrative but that never stopped subzero. i don't even use the meterburn oh/low. probably the only use for it would be to close out rounds. things just get nerfed. that's how it is, especially with nrs.
There is ZERO consistency with this game lol.

When I was playing yesterday I ran into a few scorpion mirrors and even some people that when they lost, they switched to scorpion. Not a single one of them used variation 3. Mostly reborn with a couple searing rage. They obviously don't care about variation 3. I bet if it was pre patch there'd be a lot more though

sin blade combos feel really inconsistent onlines. I don't know why I constantly get wifi players but it is what it is. I think ex teleport should launch higher for easier sin blade combos

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Im geras. I block MB tele. I d2. It whiffs. He d2, it connects.

Can someone please explain why my d2 whiffs when I'm plus and his d2 connects when he's minus? From my perspective, I read the tele with block and then go to punish and get penalized while he is rewarded for pushing a button when minus.