What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

Nereus

Noob
hi man...can you tell me what the hell can you do with the ex minion grab...same damage same cancel same block adv...the only difference i found is when you do 2,1,4 minion hold or 2,1,4,ex minion hold wich both are not a combo...the minion comes out in a different spot in the arena...if you find any use tell me...and both not armor
REO pointed this out already but... the EX Minion Grab tracks 100% on the ground...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hi man...can you tell me what the hell can you do with the ex minion grab...same damage same cancel same block adv...the only difference i found is when you do 2,1,4 minion hold or 2,1,4,ex minion hold wich both are not a combo...the minion comes out in a different spot in the arena...if you find any use tell me...and both not armor
Minion Charge: Hits mid + Damage
Minion Strike: Hits Mid, deals even more damage
Minion Drop: Overhead
Minion Slam: Knockdown, overhead
Minion Grab: Capture, tracks,
Minion Hold: Capture, Fast Tracking

onemic

Noob
I guess I mean as it stands right now. How much success have scorpion players had against zoners? Just asking since I play Kotal who really struggles against anyone that has a good zoning game so Im looking for a primary alt that is very effective against zoners.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
I guess I mean as it stands right now. How much success have scorpion players had against zoners? Just asking since I play Kotal who really struggles against anyone that has a good zoning game so Im looking for a primary alt that is very effective against zoners.
He's in the convo.

Is scorpion considered the best anti-zoner in the game?
I disagree based on my experience; anyone's projectile will hit scorpion first before the minion's actually show up; EN versions haven't been tested of course but Inferno Scopion can't spam the demons and attain results like how MK9 Noob would with his shadows.

HF Scorpion on the other hand....needs exploration on his anti-zoning/zoning potential.

Minion Charge: Hits mid + Damage
Minion Strike: Hits Mid, deals even more damage
Minion Drop: Overhead
Minion Slam: Knockdown, overhead
Minion Grab: Capture, tracks,
Minion Hold: Capture, Fast Tracking
Adding this tidbit on EN Minion grab

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I disagree based on my experience; anyone's projectile will hit scorpion first before the minion's actually show up; EN versions haven't been tested of course but Inferno Scopion can't spam the demons and attain results like how MK9 Noob would with his shadows.

HF Scorpion on the other hand....needs exploration on his anti-zoning/zoning potential.
Hellfire has the best defense tool among all scorpions variations, flame aura can be annoyed when executed properly.

And scorpion overall is an Anti-Zoning character in any variation, i still don't understand why ppl try to trade with minions, Scorpion teleport cancel on reaction give him a free combo starter.

Basically any character who wants to stay full screen and try to outzone scorpion has to remind himself constantly that at some point in the game, if he screws up and do a long recovery move, scorpion will be behind him to punish.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
What do you Scorpions do when knocked down & being rushed? I'm finding it hard to get away & find myself being an idiot & Teleporting then getting blown up.

InFlames

dead
Sorry if this is already known. Decided to test stuff with Scorpion after watching Ultradavids option select video

Scorpion 50/50 Option Selects with Ninjutsu:

This makes his vortex safe against most of the cast with Ninjutsu. I know I had Hellfire in the beginning but this is only useful with Ninjutsu since Hellfire can already combo off FBC's. Shoutouts to @UltraDavid again cuz hes awesome.

The start up for B2, F2, and B4 are wrong.
I think B2 is one frame off, F2 is two, and B4 is 3 frames off; they are slower than what they are listed as. I used a roxio Hd pro to capture the footage.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Does anyone know how to punish Liu Kangs, Ermacs, and D'vorah (especially) with any of his variations? Scorpion is my main and I do fairly well against someone who knows what they're doing with these characters, but I just cannot beat them and finish them off. I dislike D'vorah because I think she's pretty OP and her speed and range don't help me, Liu Kang is Liu Kang, and Ermacs destroy me in the hands of someone who's maining him. I've seemingly been able to beat every character in MKX but these three.

I mained him but got completely bored playing with him
Too many tools and way too easy to use for such high damage output

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
What do you Scorpions do when knocked down & being rushed? I'm finding it hard to get away & find myself being an idiot & Teleporting then getting blown up.
Hey man, personally wakeup throw has really helped me in that situation. Mix that up with OCCASIONAL wakeup teleport and takedown, and delay the wakeup other times to keep them guessing :)

Vagrant

Noob
Armor (You can use ex takedown which is always armored or EX tele which is armored on wake up only.)
Delay stand (The idea here is to get them to whiff something and then punish,poke, throw, start offense, or jump out)
Backdash (Make sure you have stamina)
Block and wait for a window to do something (You can do this after delay stand or regular)

Don't wake up with a non armored move. They don't have invincibility. Wake up EX tele is risky but the payoff is big.

so, at first inferno scorpion seemd a bit op, but now i feel he is ok. am i right? the ability to fuzzy guard his demons changed his meta and he has to take risks now.