What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I posted this in another thread but it fits better here...I didn't know til today that you can cancel, delay or teleport scorpions X-ray. Awesome.

I love inferno, the demons are useful against keep away opponents for me.

Infernos my go to variation; the damage potential is too good to pass up!

The demons are definitely unsafe on block and while that random low demon is great for a surprise combo, its huuuge recovery time means you will eat a marvel versus capcom sized combo if the opponent predicts the move.

Oookay. Placed 2nd in a mini tourney. Here are my lessons learned:

- when doing block strings, cancelling into specials is risky; maybe inferno db1 but id avoid it as the opponent would still be in your face.
- i must learn how to use inferno against better zoners (ie ermac)...or switch to ninjitsu.
- Xray can be used as a decent anti air if the opponent jumps from afar.

Placed 2nd in *another* tourney. Hahaha

More lessons learned:

- finding it hard to zone using the demons of inferno; once youre hit, the demons wont show up
- i find it easier to zone with hellfire (using the occasional demonfire + fireball)
- hellfires db4 can be used as antiair; i just need to know what to do after

Kedra

Noob
BeastofManila was good on the tourney but for me I got rekt without preparation, using hellfire variation.
Went to losers bracket and got beaten by an Erron Black with Outlaw variation, strong combos and strings.
I have a hard time adapting to the run mechanic as to dash cancels from MK9.

Hellfire variation is so good that its pressure and gameplay is a successor to what we had for Scorpion in MK9.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I've got a question for the Scorpion mains (or anyone who knows the answer)...

I was messing around with Hellfire Scorpion last night and didn't realize my buttons were mapped incorrectly on my stick. I was attempting to do a jump kick into teleport and the kick wasn't coming out. I realized after a few tries my 4 button was mapped to flip stance accidentally. Anyway.....the teleport I was doing had two separate extensions after it. One was sort of a dragon punch and the other some sort of kick. Anyone know what the hell this is or how it's done? The teleport was juggling and used no meter.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
I've got a question for the Scorpion mains (or anyone who knows the answer)...

I was messing around with Hellfire Scorpion last night and didn't realize my buttons were mapped incorrectly on my stick. I was attempting to do a jump kick into teleport and the kick wasn't coming out. I realized after a few tries my 4 button was mapped to flip stance accidentally. Anyway.....the teleport I was doing had two separate extensions after it. One was sort of a dragon punch and the other some sort of kick. Anyone know what the hell this is or how it's done? The teleport was juggling and used no meter.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Hey dude, no problem. You meter burned the tele to give it an extra hit. I think the different variations has different follow ups. Its juggleable after meterburn.

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
As for my own thoughts, anyone find something from Ninjutsu to justify its use over Inferno and Hellfire yet? Extra long pokes are great and all but I feel like I'm sorely missing the damage Inferno so lovingly provides whenever I switch variations.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I am really liking him so far, he seems very complete. Inferno is still my go to variation as it offers very good damage and his minion options are OK but nothing major. I find them good for closing out rounds or doing a little chip damage in long range situations. Demon hands (the low) seems extremely good for countering zoners. If you trade hits then you can run in and full combo them into a spear reset. This is a ridiculous trade for Scorpion, I was beginning to get very frustrated by zoning but I think I will manage much better now with this in my game plan.

Hellfire is the wild card imo, on paper it has some extremely good options but I'm not sure if all that extra work will be worth it in the long run. Early days though, I think Ninjitsu is the weaker of the three right now, the longer range normals aren't that great imo as they are both negative and Scorps F3 is variation nuetral and covers that base quite well.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Inferno all day long for me, got myself a few heavy combos down but need to remember to block from time to time, I panic & teleport & get blown up before I leave the ground.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm tired of not playing him. I'm going to start again.

ninjitsu is your go to variation if the MU is footsie heavy. if you miss kabals ndc mixups, go HF.

while theres no MU thread
, what are our options against pitbulls like cassie and sonya? i dont have a ps4 to lab and the best i can think of is d3/d4 to keep them away if they get too close.

@Kedra

week 1....wait till at least the ps3/360 vers are out, then im sure more tech will show up and ppssibly, tiers(gasp) would change. :)

Mr.UPC

Noob
playing as scorpion last night on steam i went 7/1 in ranked pvp and 4/0 on koth before i got disconnected.

i must of played maybe 4 different scorpion players, but one stood out as ultra scrubby. i think he was in ninjitsu variation and all he did was d4 over and and over, then when you finally got a chance to block it he'd f1 and juggle. sucked bad

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
@MITDJT I'm going to play him :), but the combos for me are failing right now for some odd reason. He feels good to use in this game. Any BNBS? I'm starting out with Inferno & then Hellfire. I've already gone over his normals.

onemic

Noob
Anyone know how to consistently cancel out of Scorpions teleport(the fwd cancel)? It seems next to impossible to do it consistently. My inputs are perfect and right after I input teleport and yet I only get the cancel into one of his two alternate teleport 1/5 times.

EDIT: found the problem. I didnt set stamina to infinite. I did notice that the fwd cancel will never come out unless you hit opponent at least once though, which I find a little weird.

Last edited:

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
How're you guys feeling about neutral? I can't really find a "just do it" button with Scorpion and it feels weird.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I seem to be fine with Inferno because I haven't figured out how to fully use Ninjustu yet. I like that it extends your hits and has better options to poke and start a juggle, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get something going with it. Hellfire I don't really use either because of my preference of Inferno. I'm just having a bit of trouble creating strings with Ninjutsu the most, though.

Anyone know how to consistently cancel out of Scorpions teleport(the fwd cancel)? It seems next to impossible to do it consistently. My inputs are perfect and right after I input teleport and yet I only get the cancel into one of his two alternate teleport 1/5 times.

EDIT: found the problem. I didnt set stamina to infinite. I did notice that the fwd cancel will never come out unless you hit opponent at least once though, which I find a little weird.
you should have the space behind you to do the forward cancel teleport and of course the stamina

Matix218

Get over here!
@MITDJT

I am in the sad situation of not owning a next gen console so I am waiting for ps3 version to be released. .. I have played the game though since my brother has a ps4. My question (since I cant test myself) is what do you think is scorpions best strings. I was using 214 as my jip/pressure/hit confirm into combo string and 123 as my fast punish (non hit confirmable) string. Of course I was using b3 and f4, d2 etc as well but im specifically asking about what you recommend as the go to hit confirmable pressure string. I hear 214 is -13 on block so maybe I should not use that?

Quick question, who is NOT playing inferno nowadays? LOL

I feel like bane

"AH, so you think, Inferno is your ELI!"

:DOGE
hi man...can you tell me what the hell can you do with the ex minion grab...same damage same cancel same block adv...the only difference i found is when you do 2,1,4 minion hold or 2,1,4,ex minion hold wich both are not a combo...the minion comes out in a different spot in the arena...if you find any use tell me...and both not armor