What's new

Scorpion Comprehensive Change Wishlist

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
NRS will never delete a variation or replace moves in a current one.

Honestly all scorpion would need need is this:

He universally gets a new option off his AMP teleport by holding down that is fairlysafe at like -8, hits mid, knocks the opponent down, no combo. Reborn's teleport cancels would replace this new option and be the only variation that doesn't get this.

Fair? Fair.
This is a dumb take because NRS stated after the reveal that they will add OR CHANGE variations down the line lol

Chernyy Volk

That makes.. Zero sense. Why adjust and balance a variation only to later remove it?
I'd have to find that interview but they did indeed say that. There would be variations added, or swapped out, and moves added to the game for competitive.

All I'd ask for in this list is making Demon Slam universal and removing the gap from f34.

Otherwise I just want a lot more damage on Scorp. I feel if he's supposed to be a footsies character that doesn't have any real mixups outside of strike/throw, he should get rewarded when he actually lands a hit and his strike/throw mixup shouldn't be neutralized by the same defensive option as you you can flawless block f34 and duck the f3 into throw by doing the same damn thing..

I'd also be cool with teleport being back to a mid, because outside of Searing Rage, Scorpion lacks d1 cancels that beat mashers and that fucking sucks for every character who doesn't have a 9-10f mid.

I mean I doubt the next patch brings any meaningful changes to Scorpion, so I better learn Terminator so I can actually 50/50 unga all over people for the same risk as f34 or f3 throw.

I honestly feel some of the best changes scorpion could receive is more air time off of ex teleport since currently he can't uppercut or fb an opponent he launches. F4 be sped up a bit and that his misery blade cancels off of b1,4 be plus 2 or 3 rather than plus 1. It would give you the same advantage a blocked 2 or 2,1 would and with the cost of a bar. Also d1 mb3 should be a true block string.

Getting rid of reborn is an awful idea. Buffing all his variations with tp cancel means he would completely invalidate most risk he has to take. We would literally never be punishable on anything. Never commit to anything. That's worse than having a crazy mix-up bc we could just run with the life lead the whole match and force the opponent to catch us and overextend or let the timer run out

Chernyy Volk

I honestly feel some of the best changes scorpion could receive is more air time off of ex teleport since currently he can't uppercut or fb an opponent he launches. F4 be sped up a bit and that his misery blade cancels off of b1,4 be plus 2 or 3 rather than plus 1. It would give you the same advantage a blocked 2 or 2,1 would and with the cost of a bar. Also d1 mb3 should be a true block string.

Getting rid of reborn is an awful idea. Buffing all his variations with tp cancel means he would completely invalidate most risk he has to take. We would literally never be punishable on anything. Never commit to anything. That's worse than having a crazy mix-up bc we could just run with the life lead the whole match and force the opponent to catch us and overextend or let the timer run out
:Getting rid of reborn is an awful idea. Buffing all his variations with tp cancel means he would completely invalidate most risk he has to take. We would literally never be punishable on anything. Never commit to anything.:

He's using both defense bars to single hit confirm. That's a huge price to pay. I don't see how the risk/reward isn't justified.

Chernyy Volk

My problem with your ideas is all you're doing is making him the same as everybody else. My suggestions maintain his weaknesses, shitty upclose game etc but make his neutral better across the board.

:Getting rid of reborn is an awful idea. Buffing all his variations with tp cancel means he would completely invalidate most risk he has to take. We would literally never be punishable on anything. Never commit to anything.:

He's using both defense bars to single hit confirm. That's a huge price to pay. I don't see how the risk/reward isn't justified.
Bc it's unnecessary what you wanna do each variation is fully capable of doing. You want big dmg with little risk. It's essentially a rushdown cetrion