What's new

Scorpion (Chain Reaction) BnB Combo Video

Combos from the stress test using the base chain reaction setup as well as some where you keep Death Spin but replace the other chain moves with Burning Spear for that extra damage. All using the B14, F43 and F32 starters.

Note none of this combos are krushing blow combos, will make one with all them at a later date (perhaps during beta).

Obviously, this was day 1 and is still a stress test so is not optimal. But still may be a good starting point and a help to newer players :)

Feel free to add your own combos or bnbs involving any of the Chain Moves to this thread.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Are people still referring to Variations in MKX terms where they're locked and not fully customizable?

Are people still referring to Variations in MKX terms where they're locked and not fully customizable?
Yes, but I did add some bonus stuff replacing the 1 cost chain move with the burning spear. I don't want to get too attached to the non-base variations just yet, in case they do decide to stick with them for tournament rather than create your own in the character select. Because I am loving my Baraka and Skarlet setups but if they aren't variations I can play in tourney what's the point? We have to wait and see if they decide to stick with it or give us what we want - freedom in choice.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Hot damn, Scorpion shows so much swagger during his combos.

Too bad that everything is unsafe and that opponents can breakaway out of his combos and punish him for double the damage and half the work.

Hot damn, Scorpion shows so much swagger during his combos.

Too bad that everything is unsafe and that opponents can breakaway out of his combos and punish him for double the damage and half the work.
That's a big reason Misery Blade is popular, you can be +2 off B14 instead of punishable. Also remember he still has some much safer strings like f34, 11, 112 and 21. As for the breakaway, that is a big problem, many are complaining, but we do not know how the breakaway mechanic will be in the final build.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I find he does more damage with 2 Ampd TP in a combo instead of using the Amp Spear and since I also recover faster it was better in the anti-breakout regard as well.

Simple Example in build I was using: 4, A.TP, 4, A.TP, 4, Demon Dash. Did 35%ish in stress test. Sub first standing 4 for any other combo starter for more utility but slightly less dmg. Still pretty cool although repetitive, lol. Just the most optimal damage I was able to get with limited lab tools.

Last edited: